• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Home Help

#1 User is offline   fuckstain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

:wacko: Just heard back from my CM in regards to a meeting with her last week. Due to my injury now I am virtually in constant pain so I asked her if they would pay for someone to come to my place to do my lawns, gardens etc once a week until my appointment for the neurologist comes through.

Well you guessed it - was told that "we dont make allowances for that" although she did say that I could get home help in for cooking, cleaning etc.

Makes me thing about this scenario - person calls in to do cooking and cleaning for me as I am unable to do these medically (ACC are prepared to provide this), whilst I am outside mowing lawns and gardening etc. I cannot make any sense out of this.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them or can someone provide me with more information regarding this in the ACC Act

TIA

#2 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

Greetings,
Unfortunately... thats their rules... inside house only... and at a minimum at that... window cleaning = inside of window only. ?
Being in a rural situation, I havent had my 4hrs. home help for months...
The small hourly rate dont warrant someone travelling a distance...
TC

#3 User is offline   fuckstain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:33 PM

Thanks TC,

I almost forgot how crapp ACC really is

Go figure aye???

#4 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

Yes home help doesn't include outside chores. It also doesn't cover window cleaning, scrubbing floors or cleaning ovens as those are considered 'spring cleaning' and not home help. Go figure....

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

``home help'' means the provision, in New Zealand, of domestic activities

``home''
(a)means residential premises in New Zealand in which the claimant lives and which are owned, rented, or otherwise lawfully occupied by the claimant or his or her parent, guardian, or spouse [or partner]; and

(b)includes residential premises in New Zealand in which the claimant proposes to live after they are built and which will be owned, rented, or otherwise lawfully occupied by the claimant or his or her parent, guardian, or spouse [or partner]; but

©does not include any hospital, hostel, hotel, motel, rest home, or other institution

``domestic activities'' means cleaning, laundry, meal preparation, and associated shopping activities, in relation to the claimant's home .

this is not very well worded as the shopping activities are to do with the claimants home not buying food.

you would think that they would help with a physical activity to prevent further activity

#6 User is offline   fuckstain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the feedback ppl

Pisses me off (in a good way) to see so many of you here

Thank you all

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic