• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parliament & Petition Parliament & Petition

#1 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

Your help is urgently needed for the following reasons.

This week the Governor-General will receive a writ from the Prime Minister requesting that Parliament be dissolved to hold a general election.

The Governor-General has reserve powers to refuse the Prime Minister's request for an election.

There is a lawful petition before Parliament which has not been dealt with pursuant to the law in the NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990 (s.3 (a)) and with Article 13 of the English Bill of Rights 1688.

This Parliament has set out to frustrate the petition and undermine the laws of this country.

It has failed to redress the grievances outlined in the petition by failing to properly hear and consider the petition and, in fact, it has completely misconstrued and misapplied the matters in the petition and its intent.

It is suggested that the 523 petitioners should start all over again after the next Parliament is elected.

This is where you all come in by writing to the Governor-General at the adresses below.

Dame Silvia Cartwright PCNZM DBE
Her Excellency the Governor General of NZ

Email - [email protected]

Ph (04) 389-8055

Fax (04) 389-5536

For the reasons outlined above your should write as a subject of Her Majesty The Queen of New Zealand;

That Her Excellency should exercise and discharge the Reserve Power's and

(i) not receive the writ dissolving this Parliament and:

(ii) refuse the Prime Minister's request for an election;

until this Parliament addresses the petition of Denise Allen Powell (Petition 2002/2001) and 522 others.

Then, can I suggest that you post this message and your communications to the Governor-General to all media outlets that you can think of.

Will you all please do that urgently in order to get your justice, to uphold the law and the rule of law of your country.

#2 User is offline   happy1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

DONE !

#3 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

Done.... and elsewhere as well.
TC

#4 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

Great stuff you guys, mine's gone too. Don't forget to give it to the media. If you have any interest or want more then flick me a message through the PM message board.

#5 Guest_Iw2_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:42 PM

is there a template/sample letter you can post magnacarta so those
who have trouble writing letters can also join in.

#6 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

1 August 2005

Your Excellency
The Governor-General of New Zealand
Dame Silvia Cartwright PCNZM Dbe
Government House
Wellington

Your Excellency

I write as a loyal subject of Her Majesty the Queen of New Zealand and/or as a directly affected citizen/lawful resident of New Zealand.

Shortly Your Excellency will likely receive a Writ presented by the Rt Hon The Prime Minister requesting to dissolve the current Parliament so that an election may be held.

It is submitted that Your Excellency exercises and discharges the Reserve Powers and does not give assent to, and stays, the Writ requesting dissolution of Parliament on the principled legal formula "La Reyne s'avisera", that is, 'It will be considered.'

The grounds for stay of the Writ and declining to give assent to dissolve are that this current Parliament has not completed its lawful business in that it has failed to comply with, and frustrated, the law, inter alia, Section 27 of the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990 and Article 13 of the English Bill of Rights 1688.

Section 3 (a) of the NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990 applies to acts done by the legislative, executive and judicial branches of Government.

The Court of Appeal has held that rights in the NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990 are constitutional in character.

The lawful petition of Denise Allen Powell (Petition 2002/2001) and 522 others has not been fairly and properly addressed by the current Parliament, the grievances stated have not been considered, in fact, the Parliament has misconstrued and misapplied the substance and intent of the petition.

The Clerk of the House of Representatives simply advised by letter dated 17 June 2005 that the principle petitioner can, if she wishes, present another petition to the new Parliament to be elected at the forthcoming general election.

Your Excellency is therefore requested to treat this submission as a petition to Her Majesty pursuant to Article 5 of the English Bill of Rights 1688.

This petitioner to Her Majesty also relies on the principle of law enunciated in the case Ashby v White [1703] 1 Smiths Leading Cases 253 which states that wherever a person has a right, they shall have a remedy at law to enforce it.

Yours sincerely

#7 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:47 PM

:rolleyes:
This is a copy sent by e-mail then i will also fax

Her Excellency the Governor General of NZ.

From J.C.Huntley
09-00000000
Dated 31st of July 2005

Re: ACC and our Labor Government .

In my case I have been fighting for my rights for 28 years.
I’m an ex fire fighter from Wellington who had an accident with broken/fractured neck while on duty, then poisoned by the medical profession.
Approximately there are 40 thousand sufferers, plus the effected families involved . This figure could be much higher than this ,

I object to the way this government has Shelved a petition which has been current for a long period of time ,
This kind of behavior, Lies, deception, and the corruption carried out by the hands of ACC , with this and previous Governments turning a blind eye to it
We as a large group of sufferers and care givers of all trades injured Police , fireman , fisherman , farmers , trade and industry workers, medical providers have had enough
Acc are destroying families marriages the lose of there homes, businesses Putting people into Bankruptcy, and yes in some cases many contemplate suicide.
This is a link to a web site most is on the site http://www.accforum.org/

Woodhouse set up the ACC system back in 1972 and in his words ,
ACC system is not working and I didn’t set ACC up to run like this but to protect the workers ,
Injured workers are not protected, and in a lot of cases not paid at all there intitlements
With respect could you please address this issue with our PM Helen Clark and respond to us with an answer to this e-mail address

#8 User is offline   Limoges 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

Done!

#9 User is offline   Noddy 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

Done!

#10 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

Good stuff guys, counting the one's off-board who have sent a message that's 10 which have gone.

C'mon on the rest of you lot, it's just a matter of highlighting the message text in the letter template above, right click and then left click copy, then open you email and left click paste, sign it, type in the email address and subject and hit send - it's pretty simple.

#11 Guest_Sealman_*

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

Done!

Sealman

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#12 Guest_phill_nz_*

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

DONE!!!!!

Phill_nz

B) B) B) B)

#13 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

Done also cc to Jill Pettis. I have told Jill that i can't support her at the upcomming election, due to the lack of action from her mates sitting on the benches in Wellington.

#14 User is offline   Hatikva 

• Pip
  • LocationWop Wops

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

Done, (by email)

Thanks for the template!

#15 User is offline   Karney 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

DONE!!!!

Nelsonian

#16 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

Can someone release a press release on behalf now please, to all papers.

#17 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

Done!

You know I feel sorry for anybody that has been unfortunate enough to be a client of ACC for any length of time.

Not only are they limited by their injuries they have the stress of dealing with ACC, and they are not conducive to good health.
To that many of us can attest.

Instead of being given the assistance we need to keep healthy our health deteriorates and in many cases are told its age degeneration.
Of course ailments developed because of enforced inactivity are not their problem.

Instead when they realised that there were long term liabilities
they used an act that was amended, in the main on their recommendation, to assist them in Getting rid of some several thousand of these fixed liabilities per annum to meet a requirement of the government of the day to reduce liabilities and increase investments supposedly to cover the on going costs of fixed liabilities.

They use this act to “Rehabilitate” their stock by
Assessing their needs with Assessors that they contract for the task from a list they, themselves, have Approved.

They then send the stock to have an Independent Occupational Assessment again from a list they have Approved.
Where This Assessor after getting your work history and talking with you provides them with a list of jobs your experience shows you have the skills for, and provides you with a professional CV.

They then send the stock to have an Independent Medical Assessment again from a list of Approved Assessors.

And then present the stock with an Independent Rehabilitation Plan they have prepared which generally has a return to work or work readiness within a six month to a years time and they require to be signed and returned by return mail.

This is accompanied with copies of sections of the act which reiterate the menace of failure to do so outlined in the cover letter.

They then process their stock through this plan utilising their Approved providers and exit their stock.

The sequence varies from stock unit to stock unit but the result and the key points I have outlined is pretty much it in an eggshell.

If at any time in their dealings with ACC stock wishes to object they have the right to dispute this and the ACC makes a decision in writing outlining their position and advise that you have the right of appeal to the Disputes Resolution Service which is paid for and set up as a subsidiary of ACC.

Decisions made by them are appeal able to the district court.

Not Many can afford to contest them at this level so the stock becomes a burden on their family or the community.

Daily people are coming to the accforum.org concerned with their treatment by the ACC and finding that they are not alone.

There they can read the stories of others that are having, or have had similar experiences and their successes and losses.

Or can ask for advice.

Or utilise the archives
of media reports court judgements downloads of acts and a goldmine of a recourse that actually assists them and their doctors to get them the care they need with links to support groups throughout New Zealand.

Speaking personally as one of those that will probably die long before I should I would suggest that other less draconian measures could be utilised to achieve these ends.

Possibly.

How many employees does ACC have employed to manage claims throughout new Zealand ?

I don’t know but it must be heaps.

The current idea to reduce costs is to curtail stock overheads.
Whilst spending mega millions on IT to more efficiently manage claims.
Now what if they were to reduce their staff by say 2000 because the new system should have made them redundant then 2000 aged and high overhead stock wouldn’t be off to the knackers yard.

Of course these figures could be higher.

If they stopped spending mega dollars on many of the assessors and lawyers legal expenditure and case management overheads incurred using the current exit proceedure, they might even be able to show a profit whilst providing proper care and meaningful rehabilitation for the Injured.
They could then make several thousand of their staff redundant because the new system has made their jobs redunant.

Another saving (2000 salaries saved = thats about 120 mil$) that could be ues to provide the services they are using the above tactics to avoid supplying.

Whimsical.

Or is it?

#18 User is offline   Fracticus 

• PipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

:ph34r: Dunne - John. Chipping away!?

#19 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

Mines in the post box and a few reminders will follow

#20 User is offline   kiwiwine 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:30 PM

;)

Done - and done by hubby too

Magnacarta - is an email enough or should we also send a "hard-copy"?
Dont forget everyone - get all your family and friends behind this - every last letter will be important...

Kiwiwine B)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users