• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Case History Any others out there?

#21 Guest_tubby_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:21 PM

Hi Gaffa09

Firstly I would go to the hospital, deal with the Chief Medical Officer only, and ask for an explanation as to why it is blacked out.

There are limited reasons that they can withhold any information, usually because another person is identified and their privacy would be breeched, or if the information would endanger your mental health etc !!!!

If you still don't get this info complain loudly to the Privacy Commissioner.

The National Poison Centre in Dunedin (03 4797248 or urgent info only 0800 764 766) maybe helpful as they also are the Adverse Medical Centre ,

DON'T BE FOBBED OFF by the call centre deal with their toxicologist.

I had great support from them some years back and won a no. of medical misadventures on their reports.

The World Health Org. also would be helpful. Great source of info.
Good luck and keep us posted
Mouse

#22 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:22 PM

Hi All.
as i exposed it back in the beginning of 1990 was on TV 60 min newspapers and radio and am still fighting ACC.

what i am wanting is court case history of thows who have won there court cases in NZ really wanting numbers and the name of the judgers and the year.

I have the bloody stuff in the brain and guess what ACC medical misadventure still don't want to accept it well they are in for a FFFFFF shocks I have a meeting with the Branch manager on the 11 th April where he is connecting us up with a phone link to the medical misadventure in WGTN I am taking some V I P s along with me Keep fingers crossed as i may loose my cool after fighting these bastards for 26 years and ACC have known about this for 13 years that is the MYODIL.

I know about the UK payout by GLAXO as i was the one who found that out to that was way back and there is mort cases to come also have the papers tabled in the house of commons. Have the HEALTH DEPT report from last year What is wrong with these thick BBBBB

#23 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:22 PM

Mouse and others,

A word of warning, ACC does not accept Arachnoiditis as a condition without a real bun-fight - be prepared and check this site here in godzone. There is nothing new.
http://www.aboutarachnoiditis.org/
Acclaimchch

#24 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:23 PM

From: buddy (Original Message) Sent: 29/03/2003 9:10 a.m.

I had Dr FitzTrevor John the Owner of Radiolgy at Wellington Hospital actually do the Mylogram on my spine in 2001 .He said at the time this was the first one he had carried out in 16 years .

I discussed my concerns with him prior to the Mylogram and he assured me that this type of oil was safe!!Though it took then 2 hours to find the right needle as no-one had done that procedure in years

.When asked to sign the consent form I wrote down before signing my concerns and that I did not feel happy about having this procedure done esp as it was the first to be done in 16 years and the bad publicity it has had over the years

Funny now I think I did not get anything from Radiolgy when I requested my files last year .Looks like I had better write once again and this time ask for my files on the Mylogram.

I dont know if the pain I am getting is from the Mylogram or from three lots of surgery !!

though would be interested to know what the symtoms are like from having a Mylogram
Regards Buddy

#25 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:23 PM

See: www.kiwinews.co.nz

'What Lurks At The Bend In The River?'

Rod Hinchco
Freelancer

#26 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

From: gaffa09 (Original Message) Sent: 7/03/2003 8:39 p.m.

to all,
do you know anyone in your area with Myodil Arachnoiditis that has been
injected into there spine I want numbers and cases.
medical misadventure still don't want to know about it and nor do Parliament
and after the health dept report we will see

please ask around and get them to contact me on e-mail
j.huntley@infogen.net.nz

#27 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:24 PM

Hi John,

Yes I was diagnosed back in about 1994 with arachnoiditis using an MRI and was done overseas, myodyl, pantopaque, and metrizamide have all been used.

4 surgical proceedures so far. Had metal inserted , removed and replaced with more metal, which is still in place with no sugeestion of removal.

Scoucer

#28 Guest_tubby_*

Posted 22 November 2003 - 04:25 PM

Article that appeared in Neurosurgery Vol.1 No 2 September/ October 1977

Myelographic Media

It seems clear that one of the many areas of concern which will be confronting the newly formed Joint Neurosurgical Committee on Drugs will be that of the adverse effects of myelographic media. With the introduction of Dimeray (iocarmate meglumine 60.8%, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, St louis. Missouri)(Diner X) into commercial use at the beginning of this year, the first of the water-soluble contrast materials has become available in the United States. Metrizamide, which is routineluy available in Europe, should be released to general commercial use in the U.S sometime in 1977.
The toxicity of these materials was a primary consideration at the recent meeting of the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) in Utrecht, The Netherlands on May 5-7, 1977.

Attending orthopedists, neurosurgeons and urologists participated in a half day discussion on Lumbar arachnoiditis and myelographic media.

The following summary statement was circulated at this meeting and appears wothy of review:

Observations:

1) All known radiopaque myelographic media are known to be associated with recognised potential adverse side effects.

2). The clinical use of these materials should be based on a risk versus benefit consideration in each case.

3). Adverse effects fromk nonwater-soluble contrast materials (iophendylate)appear to be less in the acute phase, but concern is expressed regarding the ever increasing awareness of chronic complications relating to lumbar arachnoiditis.

4). Although indications for the use of iophendylate may be appreciably decreased in the furture, based on continuing study, it is important that iophendylate NOT BE BANNED from clinical use.

5) Adverse side effects from water-soluble contrast materials (meglumine, iothalamate, iocarmate meglumine, and Metrizamide) appear to be most prominent during the acute phase and less likely long term. It has also been appreciated that documented acute adverse effects may be significantly alleviated or potentiated by employing prestudy medication regimens.

6) Myelography remains an important and necessary diagnostic procedure. The decision as to which myelographic material represents the greatest safety and efficacy for the individual patient is, and must remain, a prerogative of the treating physician.

The following recommendartions are advanced, that

1. Presently employed non-water-soluble myelographic medias remain available to treating physicians.

2. Clinically proven water-soluble myelographic media be made available as soon as possible to treating physicians (ie metrziamide)

3. Significant additional effort be made to scientifically study acute and chronic adverse effects of all myelographic media so that clinical use will continue to reflect the greatest level of safety for the patient.

Concern was expressed regarding the increasing awareness of the long term inflammatory sequelae of iophendylate as well as the short term toxicity (nausea, headach, spasm, and seizure) potential of water-soluble contrast media when utilized without appropriate premedication.

End:

With medical misadventure here in NZ the criteria for medical mishap is that the adverse reaction has to be classed as "rare" less than 1% chance of it happening and the adverse reaction had lasted longer than 28 days.

Myodil was used until 1987, it was NOT withdrawn by Glaxo but stayed on the shelves to use all purchased stock as recommended in the 1977 report!!

The main myelographic media still used today is Iohexol/Omnipaque, this has caused many severe reactions as well but proving it to medical misadventure is near impossible.

#29 User is offline   gaffa09 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

it is now found that in NZ they use the wrong settings On MRI and CT , scans to detect arachnoiditis ,

the word that ACC and Medical use is a limited scan look for it in your medical files

And i beleive you have to be trained to read scans ,

This infor is just starting to come to hand now,

The other point i wish to make is that Myodil only has a shelf life of 3 years ,
So if it is being still used notify the health dept and report it

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users