• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oa & MA Update

#1 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:32 PM

Hi all,
For those of you who may have been watching my progress on the other thread, I have now decided only to use this one for the meantime as things are getting interesting.
To bring you up todate: I had an OA and MA done as well as an FCE thrown in for good measure at the last minute back in Sept.
I have been waiting to hear what has happened re the MA as I already have a copy of the OA and FCE.
I finally heard last week that the MA had arrived but it was being sent back to the Dr because it wasn't satisfactory and they wanted him to add / amend his report.

I have been emailing my CM ever since and finally had an answer today. Poor wee thing has been "snowed under" :blink:

The reply went something like this: '
I have sent you a copy of the report but it is 'unacceptable to the Corporation' and we are awaiting the Dr amending the report or adding to it. i.e. Rehab even though I don't live in NZ.

So everyone. Your thoughts and humerous and otherwise replies are awaited by me with interest.

I just love it when you all get going and say your bit.

Stumpy B)

#2 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:36 PM

Sorry I used the wrong terminology: they said the rport was "not an accepted report by the Corporation and the CM will be asking the Dr for more information ;)

Stumpy B)

#3 User is offline   twostickswalking 

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:40 PM

hi stumpy, you should email your cm back a letter, that says. I find it interesting
that you find the drs comments unacceptable, is this because he/she has not gone
through the acc program on how to rehabilitate. you know the one where they
pay the drs on a prorata basis, and later give them clients to ascess, that is in
return for their loyalty.

#4 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:53 PM

Excellent response there. 2 sticks
I have emailed the CM etc. I have just read through the letter written to the Dr. and the report is not acceptable because the Dr doesn't identify any rehab options.
The CM is asking for "Supervised work programes etc by O T's and Physios which I would have to pay for because I live "off shore" Guess we can all see where this is heading :(

May well run off a letter saying exactly what you have suggested.

Stumpy B)

#5 Guest_Buddy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 November 2003 - 01:33 AM

Hi Stumpy
What I would suggest you do is two things Firstly
Write a letter to the Doctor that did the reports on you for ACC .Ask him for a copy of these ,they are to include all reports that were done prior to any ammendments he had made and also all reports after any amendments have been done .
Request these reports under The 1993 Privacy Act .
By sending a letter to the Doctor first it means that your CM hasnt cottoned onto the fact that you have gone to the Dr first .Also it means she cannot get rid of or with hold any of these reports as you will already have them !!! :P
It might pay to wait a few days then send off the letter to your CM ,giving the Doctor time to sort his bits out first .

Secondly write to your Case Manager the same letter as above .But in her letter ask her to write back to you acknowledging her reciept of your letter and its contents . That way she cant say she didnt get the letter from you ( which is a
usual one that the ACC use !! )and you are laying a paper trail just incase you end up having to take them to court ( you will have proof in Black?white ,just incase they lose your files ) :rolleyes:

You should get these back all your info within 20 days of reciept of the letter.

Its a sneaky way of doing it but it works and all the info is about you and belongs to you :ph34r:
You can do the same to all people involved in your ACC case .Like for instance you can request a copy of your files from any hositals ,Xray depts ,physio,your GP ,and ACC too !!!

Good luck and let us know how things are going

Regards
Buddy]

#6 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2003 - 09:33 AM

Hi Buddy,
Have sort of done what you suggested except via email rather than pigeon post. :)

Needless to say copies are kept of everything from everyone and to everyone. I do this during the normal course of my life as I have found it has some advantages.

The reply I received when I asked if they wanted the Dr to lie commented that the Dr had not done many of these reports and hadn't completed the task correctly even though he is trained to do it. The CM stated that they were only asking him to add Rehab reccomendations etc. They were not trying to be "sneaky" :unsure:

I already have a copy of the letter written to the Dr asking for more options.

Will keep you all posted.

Stumpy B)

#7 Guest_Buddy_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:06 AM

Hi Stumpy
Glad to hear things are going ok ,you have been here before so to speak in keeping copies of everything .

Just dont do what i did and forget to keep copies of all emails .
As I thought everything was fine till my PC crashed and lost the lot ,though luckily I was able to get some of the important the emails back .

Just a thought you could still write to the Dr concerned as that would be something that ACC would not expect you to do and it pays to be one step ahead as your CM lied ACC are they sneaky ,as we all know.

Good luck with things

Regards Buddy

#8 User is offline   Stumpy 

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2003 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Buddy ;)

Have done and will do :)

Stumpy B)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic