• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dr Kantilal Kanji IMA assessement

#61 User is offline   crossroads 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hey, I've just seen a mention that Dr K. Kanji is supposedly ex-ACC Branch Medical Adviser. Is there any way of confirming this? I suspect Takapuna Branch, but cannot be sure.

#62 User is offline   Campy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationAuckland Regional super city

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Takapuna branch and the sleazy little money grubber has been seen at Sales St as well.

View Postcrossroads, on 28 May 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

Hey, I've just seen a mention that Dr K. Kanji is supposedly ex-ACC Branch Medical Adviser. Is there any way of confirming this? I suspect Takapuna Branch, but cannot be sure.

#63 User is offline   crossroads 

• PipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

This just gets better and better....he's hardly likely to NOT favour ACC's point of view, and will almost certainly have informal communication channels through which to receive instructions to exit claimants. It seems highly inappropriate that he should be writing reports that have the power to disentitle claimants.... makes the task of quashing his report in court a lot easier, there is a certain stink to the whole set-up.

#64 User is offline   Brionia 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Kanji worked as an ACC branch medical advisor for 5 years. That effectively confirms his biased towards ACC and the fact a large % of his income is probably now derived from ACC means he cannot be considered independent.

In fact, few ACC preferred assessors are independent. Further there is ongoing covert communication going on behind the scenes. Remember to ask for your IT sweeps and all communications between Branch Medical Advisors and the assessor, or other acc staff and the assessor, and all internal communications between branch medical advisors and Peter Jansen, kris fernando etc about your case. These guys are up to their necks in manipulating and procuring reports to disentitle you. Refer: section 240 of the Crimes Act.

I understand the Police are looking at this racket within ACC which has been brought to their attention in a rather usual way....

Things could get more interesting.

#65 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

http://accforum.org/...kandilal-kanji/

View PostBrionia, on 29 May 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Kanji worked as an ACC branch medical advisor for 5 years. That effectively confirms his biased towards ACC and the fact a large % of his income is probably now derived from ACC means he cannot be considered independent.

In fact, few ACC preferred assessors are independent. Further there is ongoing covert communication going on behind the scenes. Remember to ask for your IT sweeps and all communications between Branch Medical Advisors and the assessor, or other acc staff and the assessor, and all internal communications between branch medical advisors and Peter Jansen, kris fernando etc about your case. These guys are up to their necks in manipulating and procuring reports to disentitle you. Refer: section 240 of the Crimes Act.

I understand the Police are looking at this racket within ACC which has been brought to their attention in a rather usual way....

Things could get more interesting.

#66 User is offline   Brionia 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Here you go folks.....Toad Central in action.
Dr Kanji is "contracted" to ACC, and therefore is NOT independent of ACC.

http://www.sportsmed...com/drkanji.pdf

Experience of more than 20 years in the Medical Profession consulting in family, general practice and sports medicine, including five years as a medical adviser to the Accident Compensation Corporation.

So he knows exactly what ACC really wants it.

Recognition by the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) and Work & Income New Zealand (WINZ) of the level of qualification and experience to contract services as a Medical Assessor.

Excellent understanding of the variety of conditions, examination techniques,management and consequential outcomes through work with ACC and WINZ.

So Kanji will be fully aware of the consequences of his reports are to remove ACC entitlement from the claimants to deliver over a pecuinary gain/acturial gain for ACC. Kanji receives a pecuinary gain for providing this service. See Section 240 Crimes Act. SFO - complex fraud.

Employed positions: 1997– 2002 Branch Medical Adviser, ACC Takapuna (10 hours/week)

Yes that right - 25% of his time over 5 years was spent working for ACC.

Contract positions:
2002 – current Disability Support Pension Assessor for WINZ
2002 – current Initial Medical Assessor for ACC & Catalyst
2002 – current Locum, Shorecare Accident & Medical Centre
1997 – 2002 AMA Guides Independence Allowance Assessor
1994 – 1997 Designated Doctor for WINZ

And he is STILL working for ACC - and has been in a contract arrangement with ACC since 2002. That means Kanji has worked for ACC either as an employee or contractor since 1997, or 15 years.

Professional accomplishments:
A total of over 1500 medical assessments since 1997.

Training:
2002 Disability Support Pension Training WINZ, Wellington
2002 Initial Medical Assessor Training ACC, Auckland
1997 AMA Guides Assessor Training & Examination ACC, Wellington

So there you have it. Dr Kanji employed in one respect or another (employed or contracted) by ACC for at least 15 years since 1997.

Clearly Dr Kanji cannot be considered suitable to undertake "independent" assessments of ACC claimants for ACC. Given the nature of his employment status, albeit contractual as many Branch Medical Advisors are, this means Kanji is biased and compromised in performing these assessments.

240 Obtaining by deception or causing loss by deception
(1)Every one is guilty of obtaining by deception or causing loss by deception who, by any deception and without claim of right,—
(a)obtains ownership or possession of, or control over, any property, or any privilege, service, pecuniary advantage, benefit, or valuable consideration, directly or indirectly; or
(b)in incurring any debt or liability, obtains credit; or
©induces or causes any other person to deliver over, execute, make, accept, endorse, destroy, or alter any document or thing capable of being used to derive a pecuniary advantage; or
(d)causes loss to any other person.
(2)In this section, deception means—
(a)a false representation, whether oral, documentary, or by conduct, where the person making the representation intends to deceive any other person and—
(i)knows that it is false in a material particular; or
(ii)is reckless as to whether it is false in a material particular; or

(b)an omission to disclose a material particular, with intent to deceive any person, in circumstances where there is a duty to disclose it; or
©a fraudulent device, trick, or stratagem used with intent to deceive any person.

So the questions that have to be asked are:
  • Is Kanji receiving instructions from his employers (ACC) in relation to ACC claimants and their assessments?
  • Are the reports outcomes required by Kanji pre-determined by ACC?
  • Are ACC advising claimants that Kanji is "independent" of ACC?
  • Is Kanji writing reports which omits material facts when providing his opinions, with the intent to deceive other persons - particularly those who are decisions making bodies in respect to entitlements? e.g, ACC, DRSL, Judges

#67 User is offline   crossroads 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostBrionia, on 30 May 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

• Is Kanji receiving instructions from his employers (ACC) in relation to ACC claimants and their assessments?
  • Is Kanji writing reports which omits material facts when providing his opinions, with the intent to deceive other persons - particularly those who are decisions making bodies in respect to entitlements? e.g, ACC, DRSL, Judges

[1] Definitely, otherwise surely they would not be using someone with a qualification in obstetrics to assess head injuries, chronic pain etc. Qualifications don't matter so long as they have someone who is willing to write what they tell him to.
[2] Yes. My case manager plainly knew that Dr Kanji was a hatchet man prior to sending me to see him, because I was told all sorts of lies in order to get me to sign off on my rehab being complete.
[3] ACC has always claimed that assessors are independent, and therefore supposedly unbiased (otherwise no-one would agree to see them!)
[4] Yes, that is precisely what he did in his report on me, leaving out at least two significant observations which suggested major problems and would have made it difficult to justify his opinions, thus satisfying Section 240 of the Crimes Act.

#68 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postaccvictim, on 05 July 2009 - 11:27 PM, said:

This little import Kanji also hurt me during an assessment, (i have it well logged) (recorded) ,I am waiting for the right time to take action!.

He also wrote off my claim totally, I got another assessor who turned all his false diagnosises around,
and continue to get my I/A.

Its all going to hit the fan soon with Nick Smiths drastic ACC cuts, running to true National form,
thats when i will release the tiger.

Biding my time
http://accforum.org/...kandilal-kanji/

View Postcrossroads, on 30 May 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

[1] Definitely, otherwise surely they would not be using someone with a qualification in obstetrics to assess head injuries, chronic pain etc. Qualifications don't matter so long as they have someone who is willing to write what they tell him to.
[2] Yes. My case manager plainly knew that Dr Kanji was a hatchet man prior to sending me to see him, because I was told all sorts of lies in order to get me to sign off on my rehab being complete.
[3] ACC has always claimed that assessors are independent, and therefore supposedly unbiased (otherwise no-one would agree to see them!)
[4] Yes, that is precisely what he did in his report on me, leaving out at least two significant observations which suggested major problems and would have made it difficult to justify his opinions, thus satisfying Section 240 of the Crimes Act.

#69 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for this info, very helpful in general terms.

View PostBrionia, on 30 May 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Here you go folks.....Toad Central in action.
Dr Kanji is "contracted" to ACC, and therefore is NOT independent of ACC.

http://www.sportsmed...com/drkanji.pdf

So he knows exactly what ACC really wants it.

So Kanji will be fully aware of the consequences of his reports are to remove ACC entitlement from the claimants to deliver over a pecuinary gain/acturial gain for ACC. Kanji receives a pecuinary gain for providing this service. See Section 240 Crimes Act. SFO - complex fraud.

Yes that right - 25% of his time over 5 years was spent working for ACC.

And he is STILL working for ACC - and has been in a contract arrangement with ACC since 2002. That means Kanji has worked for ACC either as an employee or contractor since 1997, or 15 years.

So there you have it. Dr Kanji employed in one respect or another (employed or contracted) by ACC for at least 15 years since 1997.

Clearly Dr Kanji cannot be considered suitable to undertake "independent" assessments of ACC claimants for ACC. Given the nature of his employment status, albeit contractual as many Branch Medical Advisors are, this means Kanji is biased and compromised in performing these assessments.

240 Obtaining by deception or causing loss by deception
(1)Every one is guilty of obtaining by deception or causing loss by deception who, by any deception and without claim of right,—
(a)obtains ownership or possession of, or control over, any property, or any privilege, service, pecuniary advantage, benefit, or valuable consideration, directly or indirectly; or
(b)in incurring any debt or liability, obtains credit; or
©induces or causes any other person to deliver over, execute, make, accept, endorse, destroy, or alter any document or thing capable of being used to derive a pecuniary advantage; or
(d)causes loss to any other person.
(2)In this section, deception means—
(a)a false representation, whether oral, documentary, or by conduct, where the person making the representation intends to deceive any other person and—
(i)knows that it is false in a material particular; or
(ii)is reckless as to whether it is false in a material particular; or

(b)an omission to disclose a material particular, with intent to deceive any person, in circumstances where there is a duty to disclose it; or
©a fraudulent device, trick, or stratagem used with intent to deceive any person.

#70 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

WOW GUESS WHAT Now 2015 And

I have an Upcoming Impairment Assessment With the Now
Infamous Dr Kantilal Kanji :

#71 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

Go through all his judgements to find any related to his assessment of other with similar personal injury
and how the judge dealt with them.
http://www.nzlii.org...=relevance&max=

#72 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Wow what a history he has : i was going to ask for a list of assessor's for whom i could request to carryout
my Assessment, BUT After reading feedback about him from others on here etc .
I Think ill let he do My assessment, Then if im not happy with his final percentage report :
Looks like i have The pick of the Cream Crop on which to file A Review :

#73 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

Rather than focusing attention on personalities we should be focusing our attention on scientific fact.

Perhaps one should adopt the piggy went to market approach.or the orphanage whereby the first child to wakes up is best dressed.

An assessment that delivers a calculation inherently must be carried out in accordance with some form of criteria which means it is not open to any kind of interpretation. It is probably better to get your own test carried out at your own cost first by someone who has nothing to do with the ACC which may be the most reliable way of getting an unbiased calculate the percentage. Then when you go to the ACC assessor handover your freshly made assessment report containing the calculated percentage as part of the collection of medical reports which are to be considered by the ACC assessor. It would be very difficult then for the ACC assessor to produce a decision that was very much different as he knows that there would be trouble.

I know that it might be quite costly to have your own assessment produced in advance but in the longer term it may be very worthwhile.

#74 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

In that case i might be ok As just by convenience i had an Recent IA assessment done that gave a 25% whole person impairment .
Since then as Had a pain clinic Report done, that Also gave me a Good Blessing,

And also state's chronic pain for over 30 years, Along with a VERY good report stating long term neurological deficit in lower limb.

so in Theory any report that comes out WITHOUT the already noted :

Will stand out like dog-balls and have review review review, written all over them :

#75 User is offline   kgriffy 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

I have recently seen doctor kanji for lumpsum for head injury and asnosmia loss of smell and taste while confirming I have evidence from where my head was split open and loss of smell along with migranes loss of balance etc then in his report neglected to mention any of these factors denying lump sum

#76 User is offline   snapped in half 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

teh doctor kanji is teh 3 million dollar man paid by acc as seen on cambel live
he should be removed from acc list of assessors

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic