Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Work Experience Hide your injuries

#1 User is offline   Juscallin1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:52 PM

:o Has anyone ever been told to hide their injuries when going for a job interview?

Workbridge appear to have a policy that a claimant is told not to mention that they have a spinal injury when they were taken for an interview for a work trial.
Has anyone else had this problem??

Who is going to be held responsible if the claimant has a further injury and not notified the "employer"????

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

WINZ has the same attitude and that is why I ended up in hospital.

#3 User is offline   sp8smate 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:15 PM

Yup been told that.

AND if some thing happens to you (reinjury etc) you get the blame for not telling your employer ....... BEEN THERE DONE THAT .....

It is even on my file that I lied to employer to get a job. Friggen crap I say, I was told to cover up my injuries untill I had got the job then slowely drop hints. what a laugh.

Still I suppose the only person I can blame is ME because the words came out of my mouth and not the ACC casewankers.

#4 User is offline   Paradigm Shift 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 01:40 PM

Prior to being an invalid I was an employer. I have employed more than 200 people and only ever dismissed 6.

If I found an employee had hid their injuries I would dismiss them immediately without notice if the injury could potentially diminish their capacity to perform the job or endanger themselves or others. If damaged occurred or the was a loss of income I would sue the individual for those losses. The practice of hiding injuries from an employer is fraud.

I became an invalid because ACC had somebody on a work trial and loan to my work crew who could not function fully, without telling me, caused an accident and in order to save his life when he slipped I received a strain injury. His name was Mark or Michael, formerly a mechanic employed as a trainee engineer in Hamilton 1989. He had injuries to both of his legs when a car that he was working on crushed him.

If anybody knows of this person please contact me as he was abused by his employer.

#5 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Shocking.

Has this type of conduct been stamped out?

View PostJuscallin1, on 26 February 2005 - 03:52 PM, said:

:o Has anyone ever been told to hide their injuries when going for a job interview?

Workbridge appear to have a policy that a claimant is told not to mention that they have a spinal injury when they were taken for an interview for a work trial.
Has anyone else had this problem??

Who is going to be held responsible if the claimant has a further injury and not notified the "employer"????

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users