• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

! Conflict Of Interest Ima Dr refuses IMA referral

#1 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:27 AM

We have just had a letter from Kathy Baxter saying our preferred choice of Assessor for an IMA has refused because of a conflict of interest. The reason being he used to live on the West Coast??????and might know the claimant??????( We have never heard of him)
When I rang the good doctors office I was told by his receptionist that this is right. When I asked to talk to the doctor he was not in to day. So I said I would ring to morrow and was then told he does not discuss these things. ( i said "well he can discuss it with the medical council!")
Personally I do not believe this. If the doctors reasons are genuine why not discuss them? Conflict of interest? Being totally under the control of and handsomely financially rewarded by ACC for reports that provide financial gain for ACC is a conflict of interest. This situation really smells to me. I am wondering if the doctor actually knows about it or it is a jack up between the receptionist and the CM. Or does conflict of interest only apply to the policy holder and not the insurer? We have still to receive the report from the IOA yet an appointment has been made for another assessor on tuesday next week? Kathy tells me we will get it by the week end. Which allows one working day on monday to discuss and assess its contents. Because we have chosen a CHCH assessor and ACC has assessors who travel to the coast we are refused cost of travel.

#2 User is offline   Limoges 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:39 AM

I would say that this is a complete jack up by the Receptionist and the CM, pre-empted by the CM! Go to the Medical Council and see what they say.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users