Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly Compensation - change from private to ACC in 2000

#1 User is offline   mccel 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2021 - 09:55 PM

I have a relative who has been provided weekly compensation by ACC for an injury. At the time of the injury (between 1998 and 2000) they were covered by private insurance. In 2000 ACC took over again and they were provided weekly compensation by ACC. A couple of months prior to the injury their salary decreased substantially. The private insurance provided weekly compensation based on their salary at the time of the accident and didn't take into account their much higher salary a couple of months previous. My understanding is that if they'd been covered by ACC that the assessment would have taken into account their salary back much further and therefore they would have received a much higher weekly compensation rate.

Has anyone had experience with the crossover from private to ACC insurance in 2000? How was your weekly compensation calculated? Should the weekly compensation be based on what someone would have received if they'd been under ACC at the time?

Does anyone have access to the Accident Insurance Act 1998? I can't seem to find a copy online.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users