• You cannot reply to this topic

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparation and Prevention for those who are injured

#21 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 06 March 2020 - 11:49 AM, said:

The ACC legislation provides full and comprehensive private medical treatment and home help in relation to their accepted injury claims.

Those who are not injured are only entitled to the very limited medical treatment provided by the Tax paid medical system.

Quite clearly the legislation has provided a Discriminatory health system distinguishing a difference between the injured and uninjured.

David it would be helpful if you would familiarise yourself with the legislation before you take up valuable space and time on the site.

Be extra viliagant and try not to catch the flu virus
Your certainly not getting acc for having the flue Thomas :lol:

#22 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

So far most of the world including New Zealand has been adopting a reactive approach to the Covid 19 virus with the result being that consistently they are failing to perform their duty of care to their populations. This includes New Zealand.

For example it is futile to think that closing a school after a student contracts the virus as it is already too late.

Schools and other duties of care should be addressed ahead of time. In fact the should be at least two weeks ahead of time.

Covid 19 is going to infect between 60 and 80% of all New Zealanders between six and 12 months depending on how successful our efforts are to contain this virus.

Covid 19 remains on the host victim up to 2 weeks before they have any symptoms and even then probably about 80% of those victims will have very mild symptoms with a good percentage hardly noticing it at all with the result that infected people will remain active in the community infecting others.

Those who have contracted Covid 19 simply must stay at home and keep them self isolated from everybody including their own families. For example they will need to remain alone in a well ventilated room with the door shut most of the time and not share any items with others in the household. People such as myself who live alone will not be greatly impacted.. This means that isolation as a result of contracting Covid 19 will be rather like being on home detention. This quarantine should last for the duration of the symptoms with the recommendation that a further two weeks so as to avoid the second round of the secondary strain of the Covid 19 which I understand is more aggressive than the first. Also it is important to remain quarantine to avoid any bacterial infection that may cause more life-threatening pneumonia or other ailments.

Covid 19 is likely to cause the death of 3.4% of those who contract this disease. (WHO)

Covid 19 will have greater impact on about 20% of the population with most of those needing to be hospitalised

School-aged children have proven themselves to be remarkably resilient to Covid 19 and will either have very mild symptoms or no symptoms whatsoever but they still will contract it at high rates. Also they will be bringing home the virus in their clothes, schoolbooks and suchlike. As always the flu is spread from the schools and other institutions where people gather such as social welfare branch offices, ACC offices and enclosed workspaces such as any workplace office, factory and suchlike.

From this point on we are possible try to make arrangements to work from home. Luckily I am self-employed and working at home (part-time due to invalid status)

Because there is now two strains of this virus that do not provide an immunity for each other unless New Zealand is virtually shut down entirely we can all look forward to being exposed to both of these strains which means that we're going to have the flu twice. this has a multiplying effect of all statistics mentioned above.

Covid 19 is going to need a very large number of hospital beds that are capable of providing a high level of care over the next 6-12 months.

The good news about those who have contracted Covid 19 is that once they are well they will be immune and then will be able to provide the necessary support for those who are going through the recovery process and also to maintain the infrastructure of New Zealand.

So what is important here is that instead of being reactive to Covid 19 virus we need to be proactive. That means we must act in advance with the assured expectation of what is going to happen. Most of New Zealanders are going to contract Covid 19. According to the world health organisation 3.4% of New Zealanders that have contracted paste that are going to die. (if we are to believe WHO) that appears to be around the 100,000 mark if we are not able to achieve a high level of restriction and containment my very severe and even Draconian quarantine processes like in China. as New Zealand does not have the legal basis to enforce such quarantine measures in a proactive way it needs to be voluntary. the public health system will operate on a triage basis whereby those who are ill but do not need a high level of care will be sent home to self quarantine. Those who are very ill will be treated in accordance with the available medical beds. As it is the case with surgery and other medical services there are going to be a large number of people that will not receive premium medical treatment due to the fact that they either smoke or have some other self induced condition on the basis that extra care to that person would be better given to numerous others that have a greater chance of survival such as a non-smoker. Smokers should stop smoking now and hope like hell that they do not acquire Covid 19 within the next month or two.

Most New Zealanders will receive medical care in accordance with the taxpayer funded health services as needed and rational basis in accordance with the very limited funding available within the health system and mess the government releases additional funding. As the infrastructure such as building hospitals like they did in China is not likely in this country survival will be dependent upon what the state has already put in place within the public health system. ACC claimants have a greater entitlement as prescribed by legislation without regard to cost. This means that ACC claimants will have access to private medical treatment and home help services without the regard for any blowout of cost. We can remain confident that ACC has many tens of billions of dollars in reserve for this very purpose.

As for those of us who are injured and are severely compromised and exposed to this Covid 19 virus with an ACC claim in relation to those injuries that will contribute towards many fatalities we await the ACC plan for our survival. let's hope that the ACC do not act reactively by saying that if we didn't die we didn't need extra financial and home help assistance to get us through this emergency. Let's hope that the ACC act proactively by providing funding and services to all of those who are at risk because of an injuries. Quite obviously to deprive the necessities of life in this way would come under the crimes act as there is a prepaid entitlement along with an act of Parliament to provide this life-saving funding.

#23 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

More than 200,000 New Zealanders contract the flu each year. Of these, it's estimated that 400-500 people will die either directly or indirectly from its effects. This is just a tiny fraction of a percent of the population that will die.

Covid 19 is not the flu but rather a corona virus and as such it is more serious.

most of the population is going to get Covid 19

20% are going to be hospitalised by it

The world health organisation tell us that 3.4% of those contracting Covid 19 will not survive.

Covid 19 is a "novel" virus which means that it Is a type of virus that is unknown to the human species until now. We have no cure which is the reason why we must activate the nation's resources with urgency.

#24 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2020 - 09:10 AM

CEO of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations Dr Richard Hatchett explains the long-term dangers of the Covid-19 coronavirus - saying it's the scariest outbreak he's dealt with in his 20-year career.

https://www.youtube....h?v=dcJDpV-igjs

#25 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

All of Italy placed in coronavirus lockdown

Italy has extended its coronavirus lockdown measures, including a ban on public gatherings, to the entire country. Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the move after the nation's death toll from the outbreak jumped by 97 to a total of 463 lives lost.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZLbb1BhMqYQ

I think Italy has a population of about 60 million. I therefore find it very alarming that they are having over 1000 confirmed cases of Convid 19 disease per day, a national emergency if I ever saw one.

A few weeks after the Convid 19 got started in China it mutated into a second more aggressive and lethal strain. This seems to be the strain that continues to dominate at its epicentre while the rest of China would appear to have been suffering from the original less aggressive strain.

Could it be that Italy is suffering from the more aggressive strain of Convid 19?

Sadly two of our five victims of Convid 19 have come from Italy! Has anyone thought to determine which strain of Convid 19 they are suffering from?

https://www.youtube....h?v=9mrPHO-nkVE

#26 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:36 PM

Vitamin D and immunity

I'm not the type of person that would normally be bothered about dietary supplements however today I have just started taking vitamin D again which was prescribed to me at the height of my chemical related emergency treatment protocol 15 years ago at which time my immunity had taken a severe body blow.

The medical evidence demonstrated by the highest level scientific analysis demonstrates that there is a correlation between levels of vitamin D and resistance to viruses.

It follows then that vitamin D will make us more resistant to the Covid 19 disease.

Primarily we get our vitamin D as a result of sunshine.

People with a white skin are able to benefit from sunshine over and above people who do not have white skin.

Those with a darker skin are effectively insulated from the effects of the sun which raises the very obvious concern that of this group who have moved to either the northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere might want to consider taking vitamin D supplements as it will take many thousands of years to adapt to the northern or southern hemispheres.

Depending on our personal make up vitamin D will improve our chances between 20% and 70%. Certainly worth looking into and relatively inexpensive. I found my local supermarket was offering a fairly good special so I bought up about six months worth for the coming emergency.

https://www.youtube....h?v=W5yVGmfivAk

#27 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:02 PM

Basic statistics thus far

114,297 confirmed cases of Covid 19

All those infected are infectious for a very long time. From first contact after a day to they are infectious for up to a month or more. For the first two weeks they may not even have any symptoms and therefore or more probably than not be spreading the disease around to all and sundry before they are aware they need to take very special precautions.

80% will only suffer a mild illness but will still be infectious But must quarantine themselves or they will be responsible for up to 4% of those that acquire the disease from them. Of this group 20% will have no symptoms whatsoever. this makes this disease truly dangerous and uncontrollable which means extraordinary protocols must be in place. We therefore must be proactive rather than reactive to this disease. This means closing the schools, change in the way that employment exists in New Zealand and such like for the duration of the emergency. this 80% and in particular that special 20% group will infect on average 2.6 individuals but may turn out to be super carriers infecting significant numbers such as 20 or 30 individuals which means they will have been directly responsible for killing somebody. Therefore our behaviour should be such that we consider ourselves possible carriers and/or confronting other people that may be carriers.

63835 or 55% have already recovered from the above number. More are yet to recover.

15% will suffer a significant illness and will be very aware that they are at risk resulting in significant medical treatment ranging from a moderate level up to hospitalisation at an intensive level such as being supported by oxygen support and kept in isolation so as not to acquire any bacterial infection that could cause pneumonia and such like.

5% will become critically ill of which perhaps most will die.4034 already dead as a portion of the above number of which others are yet to die from that number meaning that the 5% may be exceeded.
China has gone to extraordinary lengths to build more hospitals and take over numerous stadiums and hotels to provide medical facilities to the above 20%. Crematoria are very overloaded.

At what level will the New Zealand health services not be able to cope in as much as there being no medical facilities, medical staff, medical supplies and such like to intervene with these 20% most significantly affected victims of Covid 19? That will depend on how successful New Zealand controls its borders and every single individual New Zealand isolates themselves at least to some degree from others ranging from ceasing all collective activities such as sports gatherings, political rallies for the coming election, church services, hobby groups and wait for it, not forgetting the workplace. Constant washing hands, no shaking hands, kisses of the cheek, hugs and suchlike being a new way of life for the duration of the emergency are critical to our safety.

If we all accept and adhere to the suggestions in the above paragraph it still will not stop the majority of New Zealanders succumbing to Covid 19 but it will slow it down to the extent that our medical services will be able to cope and provide life-saving treatments to the more vulnerable in our community, the above-described 20%. Failure to adhere to the above paragraph demonstrates a callous disregard to the lives and well-being of those of us who are more vulnerable.

Be on the lookout for even a very mild dry cough, fever starting in about 1.5°C above normal, upset tummy diarrhoea and such like, aching muscles, fatigue et cetera. This does not appear to be a head cold but is more dominant in the bronchial tubes and deeper regions of the lungs. The contents of a cough and any droplets or vapours primarily expelled from the mouth and nose contain hijacked cells from the bronchial tubes containing very large numbers of virus material looking to inhabit a new home, rinse and repeat.

I am keeping a written record so as to identify all who I encounter to assist the medical authorities tracked down either carriers that have infected me or those who I might affect without knowing it. I'm very surprised that no one has suggested this yet given the characteristics of this virus!

https://www.youtube....h?v=4SZBuHFzYlw

Please contribute thoughts on the New Zealand situation.

While China had the most infections they are well and truly on track in the long march to gaining control of Covid 19. Over the last week the contraction rate can be described as very moderate with the recovery rate now exceeding the total infection rate. it could have been catastrophic. Well done China!

The rest of the world now has more than 50% of all infections and if we deduct the number of those who have recovered in China now have more infections throughout the world than in China itself. Why hasn't the rest of the world learned from China? Is there a reason for disregarding these valuable lessons?

America have carried out a total diagnostic rate over the whole time there've had the disease in their country than South Korea does in half a day. Shame shame shame on America for being so stupid. Are the American still having to pay for their tests for Covid 19? is that still around $700 US per person with no family discount. I'm quite sure that is going to advance the progress of Covid 19 numbers. Stupid stupid stupid. Get your act together North America.

New Zealand has only just acquired testing kits but they still seem to be rationed. Shame shame shame New Zealand.New Zealand still has not banned large-scale gatherings. Shame shame shame New Zealand.The Minister of health proudly announced how many masks are in stock. If we use masks at the same rate per person that are used in Third World countries we don't even have enough to last a day. Shame shame shame New Zealand. It goes without saying I do not rely on those that have been employed from my tax dollar to manage my safety. I have just landed a number of cartridges for my full face respiration gear and of course have full hazmat suits ready for the zombie apocalypse to come.

One thing I can't understand is why would New Zealanders be fighting over Toilet paper, bottled water and other irrelevancies in the shops. Don't they know zombies don't need toilet paper? and as for bottled water don't they know zombies drink blood?

#28 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:47 PM

Should we wait for something to happen in New Zealand and then be reactive?

Or

Should we observe the scientific and historical data observed in other countries and be proactive?

The epicentre of these two viruses, Covid 19 S & Covid 19L started in a city of over 11 million in China. They then had a gathering of 40,000 people, announced the outbreak and 5 million people fled to all parts of China. Only after these viruses took hold did the Chinese government react to the fact that they had promoted an epidemic which would then go on to be a pandemic.

In New Zealand, after the Covid 19 diseases got underway did we decide to continue on with one gathering of 100,000 people in Auckland and another gathering which has been moved indoors which will undoubtedly have tens of thousands. This is in spite of the awareness that this is not very wise but rather outrageously ridiculous. It seems that the majority of New Zealanders are being lulled into a false sense of security by those who want to ensure that the stock market is not overly affected by this virus with the result being that most are burying their heads in the sand.

The Minister of health seem to be congratulating himself and his colleagues for the lack of any more Covid 19 cases seemingly suggesting that this was proof of them doing their job right. it would be better that the New Zealand public be educated about what is yet to come by Ensuring that it is the medical information that is provided in a clear And easy way devoid of any kind of self-promotion, Trolls, nutcases and suchlike.

Then standing back and looking at what the experts have predicted followed by what is happening we see that the scientific evidence, when evidence has been available, has been correct and the way in which politicians have carried out their duties has resulted in stark differences directly linked to the actions of those who should have known better, i.e. relied on the experts. After making mistakes in the beginning China has quite clearly relied upon the scientific expert guidance then acted correctly and decisively saving thousands upon thousands of lives and reducing the impact upon the planet. still a great pity about the first couple of weeks.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and noticed that all the staff were putting a lot of the products on special. Everybody was wearing gloves and one of them told me that they had received special training concerning the Covid 19 which included such precautions as keeping their distance from the customers. The fruit shop I visited had all of their products wrapped in Clingwrap to prevent anybody actually touching the Food together with the fact that they all wore gloves and had cleaning products which they were constantly using. It was a Chinese owned establishment with all Chinese staff, yet not a Chinese person to be seen with a total change of staff to Indians. no doubt there will be interesting times ahead.

Sadly the majority of New Zealanders prefer to remain willfully ignorant. These are the killers that walk among us.

As most of the ACC frontline staff work in a cubicle type environment (gopher patch) with the same air circulating through ineffective air-conditioner filtration equipment they will have a lot more to worry about their legionnaires disease. For example someone who was not aware that they are infected with Covid 19 has been proven to be capable of infecting others not just a meter away but more like 5 to 10 m away. This means that the virus is airborne capable of travelling through the air-conditioner system into entirely different sections of the building lickety-split and infecting the whole building. Will this mean that ACC staff contracting Covid 19 will be collecting earnings compensation as they have been injured by a communicable disease in the workplace? Of course they will be entitled as that is the criteria of the legislation.

#29 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:27 PM

Coronavirus Update with Stefan Molyneux!

Tell us what you think

https://www.youtube....h?v=iwMyd2QJSWs

#30 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:53 AM

W.H.O declares coronavirus 'pandemic'

To little to late?

This is now officially a pandemic, the World Health Organisation confirmed today - although they declared it was not too late for countries to act, saying they were ringing the alarm bell "loud and clear".

Will New Zealand continue to act re-actively??? I hope not!!!
or

Will New Zealand start to act proactively??? I hope so!!!

Why is our government so confused and dithering when the evidence is so clear???????????????????
'Incompetence Kills'

#31 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

Most people are likely to contract Coronavirus (60-70%)

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has warned that up to 70 per cent of the German population could contract the coronavirus. As Germany reported its third death from the virus, Merkel said the country must do everything possible to slow the virus's spread and prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. She also said she was open to scrapping her country's strict spending rules to help the government fight the spread of the virus. Merkel called on people to show solidarity with the elderly and people suffering underlying illnesses, who are likely to be most severely affected.

#32 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:48 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 11 March 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

Coronavirus Update with Stefan Molyneux!

Tell us what you think

https://www.youtube....h?v=iwMyd2QJSWs

Just do what Donald did today.

Shut the doors to NZ. ;)

#33 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

President Trump's address to the nation on coronavirus pandemic

As a result of disregarding all of the expert scientific advice America had been doing almost nothing as if they were invincible. Hardly any tests, insufficient medical facilities available and no plan.

It seems that America might be starting to mobilise itself. Quite obviously they are not going to catch up as quickly as the Chinese did and are not going to be able to close their borders down as successfully as China but at least they are doing something now.

https://www.youtube....h?v=xrPZBTNjX_o

What about New Zealand, do we have a plan?

#34 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

What Actually Happens If You Get Coronavirus?

https://www.youtube....h?v=OTYfke545vI

#35 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

What Happens If There Is A Pandemic? | CORONAVIRUS

This is everything you need to know for when a virus becomes a pandemic.
https://www.youtube....h?v=oqtfqVsFaqc

#36 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2020 - 09:05 AM

How pandemics spread

Dig into the history of pandemics to learn how viruses and disease spreads and what we can do to stop future outbreaks. -- In our increasingly globalized world, a single infected person can board a plane and spread a virus across continents. Mark Honigsbaum describes the history of pandemics and how that knowledge can help halt future outbreaks.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UG8YbNbdaco

#37 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:15 PM

Coronavirus outbreak: Don’t attend Christchurch memorials if you feel unwell, Ardern says

Good grief how irrational/stupid/ignorant are Ardern's medical advisors?

Ardern should be providing rational and decisive leadership for the duration of this emergency. Dismiss your ridiculous medical advisors as they are a danger to us all.

How many Moslems need to die as a result of the total disregard to the most superior medical/science-based evidence in the world?

A suggestion to the Muslim mosque is to at the very least restrict the memorial attendance to their own immediate community. For goodness sake eliminate everybody else from personal attendances. Of course there would be no problem in all of these other people attending by video conference.

Ardern ontinues to repeat the same "fatal" belief systems that are contrary to the medical/scientific advice. In particular she has the viewpoint that seemed to be based on the notion that the Convid 19 disease is only communicable after it has been detected. This is the mistake that has been made all over the world to the cost of many people's lives and the overwhelming of medical facilities that continue to cost even more lives.

An example that confirms the gross incompetence of this magnitude is in the belief that the people who attended a concert along with someone else that did not know that they were infected were not at risk and that because no one has yet presented themselves as being infected from that concert that therefore her decision-making processes can be rationalised in direct opposition to the international medical advice. Ardern 's New Zealand advisers simply must be fired immediately as they present a clear and present danger to all New Zealanders. How many people need to die as a result of those who are too arrogant to listen to the medical/scientific evidence?

https://www.youtube....h?v=4woPPDeT8us

We have proven that one each and every occasion those that have been discovered to be carrying the Covid 19 Pandemic disease into this country had been here for some time with proven cases whereby they had infected others in this country. So how canArdernand her medical advisors claim that because we don't have any new cases being diagnosed that it is now safe. This irrational thinking is not just the height of stupidity but grounds for instant dismissal of those medical advisors concerned and the standing down of Ardern who is more internationally aware of the seriousness of our predicament in this country.

As we do not have a very large Income generation to fund a full-scale outbreak such as we are seeing in other countries it is a given that we will not be able to afford to provide necessary medical care of those who need such care from Covid 19 and as such is imperative that we take the cheaper option by either closing or restricting our borders so as only those who have proven themselves to be without the virus are allowed in followed by urgent protocols that isolate one from another to reduce the progress of this disease to a level which our current medical facilities can cope. The epicentre of the Chinese outbreak was a city with a population a little over twice the size of New Zealand. even though 5 million fled the city 10,000 critical care beds were needed and supplied to the extent that China gain control of the outbreak to a manageable level. we are proactive ahead of time New Zealand might be able to manage this emergency within our capacity to act. Do nothing and large numbers of people die.

All large group gatherings need to be stopped immediately. from this point on people should be working from home where possible and schools should be preparing to close and switch over to Internet learning. All sports events, cultural events and such like must be stopped immediately. Funeral services should be held over the Internet from this point on. We must do everything we can now in a proactive way rather than react to the situation after it is too late. Forget reactivity as that is an irrelevant strategy to the situation.. We must act proactively which means acting ahead of time.

#38 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:00 AM

View PostHemi, on 12 March 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

Just do what Donald did today.

Shut the doors to NZ. Posted Image

To little to late

Its already in and though out the USA an NZ

You don't need to shut the city gates when the enemy is already inside the walls and multiplying. That just dumb.

#39 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2020 - 09:59 AM

Scientific Approach to Avoid Coronavirus COVID-19

methods to minimize the risk of infection during the spread of the Coronavirus.

Finally a video with the engineer’s mindset. Know enough but don’t swamp your brain. Put things in perspective. Don’t overdo things. Consider existing solutions. Get the orders of magnitude right. Consider cost/benefit. Understand probability. Solve the problem. Move on.

https://www.youtube....h?v=I0Ae0mjMljs

#40 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2020 - 10:00 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 14 March 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

To little to late

Its already in and though out the USA an NZ

You don't need to shut the city gates when the enemy is already inside and multiplying. That just dumb.

You do better then Thomas seeing as ya such a know all expert on virus containment.
What’s your plan Tankman?
Same as your beloved China where it came from in the first place
If Anyone’s a dumb ass then it’s you as you qualify for that title with your long term record of dumb activity.
Pp
Let me know and I’ll come and weld ya doors shut like China did if ya so worried. :D/>

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

13 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users