ACCforum: What is happening and what should I do? - ACCforum

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is happening and what should I do?

#1 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

A visit to my doctor last week resulted in him seeking a multidisciplinary assessment from the hospital of my various injuries.
*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD

The hospital has arranged for a chest x-ray when previously it had been determined that only a CT scan will see what they are looking for and a visit to the pain clinic has also been organised. Despite having no pain of note the hospital has booked me in to be seen by the pain clinic.

In 1993 a diagnostic procedure resulted in a blood clot going into the brain causing a stroke and unconsciousness form which I awoke with slurred speech, right sided numbness, vision disturbances such as not being able to see the right side of a sentence, lack of coordination and fatigue. While I greatly recovered over the first three months and then further recovery over the following year the symptoms have been persistent in varying degrees until the present. this ranges from barely noticeable through to to such a degree where third parties have called an ambulance with triage placing me in hospital for the night and even up to 3 days. The last hospital stay over was last year.


Spontaneously and particularly in times of stress the symptoms quite quickly return in varying degrees.

Yesterday I was attempting to fix my toilet which involved climbing around underneath on my back and is tight space, some effort perhaps beyond my capacity causing me to be completely out of breath for long periods of time and taking excessive amounts of time to regain a normal breathing pattern which of course is quite exhausting.

At this moment I'm experiencing the following symptoms.
*yesterday slightly euphoric*last night I felt a little bit off so took a 500 mg aspirin and a large drink before bed
*for no particular reason seem to have used a bottle instead of the toilet over the night
* Numbness to my right soul of my foot
*weak right leg together with a loss of balance.
*Strong tingling in the palm of my right hand.*Weak right wrist with feelings that I have overloaded the joint despite not doing much over the last few days*weak right arm
* while writing this I received a telephone call and found myself unable to understand everything that was being said to me
*aluminium taste in my mouth
* numb tongue
* numb right cheek and ear
* a pupil would normally dilate but not this time
*right sided vision does not seem to be affected which with these cluster of symptoms would normally be the case.
*no visual or auditory aurora this time
* no headache which is usually minor and hardly noticeable
* tired and lethargic
*I went to look for my neighbour that could not remember his name
* abnormally I am feeling a little impatient and even agitated
*Typing this Posting was far more difficult then usual with the computers voice software failing to understand what I am saying causing a large number of corrections. I think I am still able to detect mistakes.
These symptoms will last several days and render me very demotivated and tired


It is often difficult to distinguish between a TIA and migraine. The symptoms have only occurred subsequent to the stroke


I have symptoms such as above in clusters of up to 3 or four a week for several weeks then nothing for maybe a month or two.


Obviously when I am in this condition it is far too dangerous to drive.

Activities don't seem to alter the situation for better or worse except make me more tired. Although it is difficult to do things and if I try to work I make mistakes which even have resulted in physical injuries in this regard I don't seem to be a very good decision-maker as to what it is safe to do. I can't seem to get any information or guidance from anybody, not even driving except for me to judge these matters myself.


ACC have accepted the claim for cover but have not actually done anything beyond that despite being directed to by numerous review hearings.


As I am unsupported and have no one in my life naturally these experiences are not just disturbing but really become frightening particularly when I find myself waking up in this condition. TIA lowers life expectancy.
-3

#2 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

A visit to my doctor last week resulted in him seeking a multidisciplinary assessment from the hospital of my various injuries.
*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD

The hospital has arranged for a chest x-ray when previously it had been determined that only a CT scan will see what they are looking for and a visit to the pain clinic has also been organised. Despite having no pain of note the hospital has booked me in to be seen by the pain clinic.

In 1993 a diagnostic procedure resulted in a blood clot going into the brain causing a stroke and unconsciousness form which I awoke with slurred speech, right sided numbness, vision disturbances such as not being able to see the right side of a sentence, lack of coordination and fatigue. While I greatly recovered over the first three months and then further recovery over the following year the symptoms have been persistent in varying degrees until the present. this ranges from barely noticeable through to to such a degree where third parties have called an ambulance with triage placing me in hospital for the night and even up to 3 days. The last hospital stay over was last year.


Spontaneously and particularly in times of stress the symptoms quite quickly return in varying degrees.


Yesterday I was attempting to fix my toilet which involved climbing around underneath on my back and is tight space, some effort perhaps beyond my capacity causing me to be completely out of breath for long periods of time and taking excessive amounts of time to regain a normal breathing pattern which of course is quite exhausting.

At this moment I'm experiencing the following symptoms.
*yesterday slightly euphoric*last night I felt a little bit off so took a 500 mg aspirin and a large drink before bed
*for no particular reason seem to have used a bottle instead of the toilet over the night
* Numbness to my right soul of my foot
*weak right leg together with a loss of balance.
*Strong tingling in the palm of my right hand.*Weak right wrist with feelings that I have overloaded the joint despite not doing much over the last few days*weak right arm
* while writing this I received a telephone call and found myself unable to understand everything that was being said to me
*aluminium taste in my mouth
* numb tongue
* numb right cheek and ear
* a pupil would normally dilate but not this time
*right sided vision does not seem to be affected which with these cluster of symptoms would normally be the case.
*no visual or auditory aurora this time
* no headache which is usually minor and hardly noticeable
* tired and lethargic
*I went to look for my neighbour that could not remember his name
* abnormally I am feeling a little impatient and even agitated
*Typing this Posting was far more difficult then usual with the computers voice software failing to understand what I am saying causing a large number of corrections. I think I am still able to detect mistakes.
These symptoms will last several days and render me very demotivated and tired


It is often difficult to distinguish between a TIA and migraine. The symptoms have only occurred subsequent to the stroke


I have symptoms such as above in clusters of up to 3 or four a week for several weeks then nothing for maybe a month or two.


Obviously when I am in this condition it is far too dangerous to drive.

Activities don't seem to alter the situation for better or worse except make me more tired. Although it is difficult to do things and if I try to work I make mistakes which even have resulted in physical injuries in this regard I don't seem to be a very good decision-maker as to what it is safe to do. I can't seem to get any information or guidance from anybody, not even driving except for me to judge these matters myself.


ACC have accepted the claim for cover but have not actually done anything beyond that despite being directed to by numerous review hearings.


As I am unsupported and have no one in my life naturally these experiences are not just disturbing but really become frightening particularly when I find myself waking up in this condition. TIA lowers life expectancy.

What are the injuries as a result of an accident have acc given cover for ?
0

#3 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1964
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

A visit to my doctor last week resulted in him seeking a multidisciplinary assessment from the hospital of my various injuries.
*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD

The hospital has arranged for a chest x-ray when previously it had been determined that only a CT scan will see what they are looking for and a visit to the pain clinic has also been organised. Despite having no pain of note the hospital has booked me in to be seen by the pain clinic.

In 1993 a diagnostic procedure resulted in a blood clot going into the brain causing a stroke and unconsciousness form which I awoke with slurred speech, right sided numbness, vision disturbances such as not being able to see the right side of a sentence, lack of coordination and fatigue. While I greatly recovered over the first three months and then further recovery over the following year the symptoms have been persistent in varying degrees until the present. this ranges from barely noticeable through to to such a degree where third parties have called an ambulance with triage placing me in hospital for the night and even up to 3 days. The last hospital stay over was last year.


Spontaneously and particularly in times of stress the symptoms quite quickly return in varying degrees.

Yesterday I was attempting to fix my toilet which involved climbing around underneath on my back and is tight space, some effort perhaps beyond my capacity causing me to be completely out of breath for long periods of time and taking excessive amounts of time to regain a normal breathing pattern which of course is quite exhausting.

At this moment I'm experiencing the following symptoms.
*yesterday slightly euphoric*last night I felt a little bit off so took a 500 mg aspirin and a large drink before bed
*for no particular reason seem to have used a bottle instead of the toilet over the night
* Numbness to my right soul of my foot
*weak right leg together with a loss of balance.
*Strong tingling in the palm of my right hand.*Weak right wrist with feelings that I have overloaded the joint despite not doing much over the last few days*weak right arm
* while writing this I received a telephone call and found myself unable to understand everything that was being said to me
*aluminium taste in my mouth
* numb tongue
* numb right cheek and ear
* a pupil would normally dilate but not this time
*right sided vision does not seem to be affected which with these cluster of symptoms would normally be the case.
*no visual or auditory aurora this time
* no headache which is usually minor and hardly noticeable
* tired and lethargic
*I went to look for my neighbour that could not remember his name
* abnormally I am feeling a little impatient and even agitated
*Typing this Posting was far more difficult then usual with the computers voice software failing to understand what I am saying causing a large number of corrections. I think I am still able to detect mistakes.
These symptoms will last several days and render me very demotivated and tired


It is often difficult to distinguish between a TIA and migraine. The symptoms have only occurred subsequent to the stroke


I have symptoms such as above in clusters of up to 3 or four a week for several weeks then nothing for maybe a month or two.


Obviously when I am in this condition it is far too dangerous to drive.

Activities don't seem to alter the situation for better or worse except make me more tired. Although it is difficult to do things and if I try to work I make mistakes which even have resulted in physical injuries in this regard I don't seem to be a very good decision-maker as to what it is safe to do. I can't seem to get any information or guidance from anybody, not even driving except for me to judge these matters myself.


ACC have accepted the claim for cover but have not actually done anything beyond that despite being directed to by numerous review hearings.


As I am unsupported and have no one in my life naturally these experiences are not just disturbing but really become frightening particularly when I find myself waking up in this condition. TIA lowers life expectancy.

apart from those issues .you appear to be live and well .and such . one will see and await . as in the reports of if these issues are life threatening ,,and will then need medical remedies ..
0

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostHemi, on 12 December 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

What are the injuries as a result of an accident have acc given cover for ?


*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD
0

#5 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD

Yet you have worked and earned with those injuries.
Can’t be all that bad.
0

#6 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

*Right dominant hand injury together with elbows and shoulder
*chemical injuries
*brain injury (stroke)
*PTSD

When we’re the covers given on these injuries?

Dates / Year/s please.
0

#7 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostHemi, on 12 December 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Yet you have worked and earned with those injuries.
Can’t be all that bad.

0

#8 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:55 PM

Worked?

Information I have never worked nor earned has now confirmed by the ACC lawyer in the hi Court
0

#9 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:56 PM

View PostHemi, on 12 December 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

When we’re the covers given on these injuries?

Dates / Year/s please.


"We're"?

You should know when your covers have been granted. In any event we are not talking about your cover, we're talking about Tia and the nature of the disabilities which tie into other claims for a cover that have overlapping symptoms necessitating my doctor to ask the ACC for funding of a multidisciplinary medical team to clarify the degree of incapacity to assist the ACC make good on their liability to fund entitlements
0

#10 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostHemi, on 12 December 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

When we’re the covers given on these injuries?

Dates / Year/s please.


There is no basis for you challenging the Integrity of the cover that ACC have a knowledge. Further the cover numbers have been given on this forum on previous postings so please stop your troublesome query and focus yourself on the issues at hand, the effects of a Tia and what to do about it.

As you are a person who has obviously suffered a brain injury affecting your cognizance you should no better they're being so abusive to someone with a brain injury. Pleased assist from posting on this topic
0

#11 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

Please read the opening post and address the issues raised in the manner of that will enhance my safety while being faced with this dangerous set of circumstances
0

#12 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

There is no basis for you challenging the Integrity of the cover that ACC have a knowledge. Further the cover numbers have been given on this forum on previous postings so please stop your troublesome query and focus yourself on the issues at hand, the effects of a Tia and what to do about it.

As you are a person who has obviously suffered a brain injury affecting your cognizance you should no better they're being so abusive to someone with a brain injury. Pleased assist from posting on this topic

Course there’s a basis
As your 1989 claim has been declined
Why would you receive cover on a claim that doesn’t exist
Having a cover don’t get you accepted ;)/>
0

#13 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

"We're"?

You should know when your covers have been granted. In any event we are not talking about your cover, we're talking about Tia and the nature of the disabilities which tie into other claims for a cover that have overlapping symptoms necessitating my doctor to ask the ACC for funding of a multidisciplinary medical team to clarify the degree of incapacity to assist the ACC make good on their liability to fund entitlements

What a fuken smart ass
A typo on ifone and you pik on that completely avoiding the question
You ever read your own writings that look like a 1 year old wrote them?
That’s why acc won’t deal with you

Your a smart ass with no claim.
0

#14 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Worked?

Information I have never worked nor earned has now confirmed by the ACC lawyer in the hi Court

Bullshit
You been self employed working and an income.
Havnt ya told acc that. ?
0

#15 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

Please read the opening post and address the issues raised in the manner of that will enhance my safety while being faced with this dangerous set of circumstances

I have.
Your well capable of looking after yourself Thomas
Stop bleating
Does ya no good and fucks the forum
As ya see no one uses it whilst you rant in like some hard fine by person
Stand up Like acc human being instead of like you are and stop moaning and do something constructive like we all had to do.
0

#16 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Worked?

Information I have never worked nor earned has now confirmed by the ACC lawyer in the hi Court

Try another one
That won’t help you in the criminal courts
0

#17 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

There is no basis for you challenging the Integrity of the cover that ACC have a knowledge. Further the cover numbers have been given on this forum on previous postings so please stop your troublesome query and focus yourself on the issues at hand, the effects of a Tia and what to do about it.

As you are a person who has obviously suffered a brain injury affecting your cognizance you should no better they're being so abusive to someone with a brain injury. Pleased assist from posting on this topic

You Thomas have spent many long years abusing threatening harassing telling lies and generally being a nasty bastard about a lot of people in here moreso most of it directed at myself
So don’t come the self pity cry baby crap out here. You after some respect out here then you should have thought about that 30 years ago
Your what’s known as “”the author of your own misfortune”.
As for challenging integrity
I’ll challenge yours anytime as you mislead and lie out here
Should acc relook at your claim it will fall over at December 1989 with the crap you fed them then and the much lack of factual info instead of made up bollocks.
0

#18 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

David Butler ACC have accepted claims for cover for the purposes of determining entitlements. Why do you disagree with the acc's confirmation that my claims have been accepted?

The claims have been accepted because of all the combined effects of the medical professionals involved with my cases have confirmed accident events causing injuries resulting in disability.

Three review hearings have reminded the ACC that they are required to make arrangements for individual assessment by relevantly qualified specialist having expertise in relation to each of the injuries for purposes of determining the degree of disability to assist the ACC calculate their financial liabilities to me in accordance with legislation.

David Butler what causes you to disagree with the ACC and challenge the medical professionals in your attack against me. You have been doing this for well over a decade and it seems to me that you are suffering from some form of compulsive obsessive disorder in regards to this attack. Have you ever seen any Professionals about this problem you are having? If you don't stop I will have to arrange for you to be seen by someone in authority
0

#19 User is offline   Hemi 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2622
  • Joined: 05-January 12

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:37 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 12 December 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

David Butler ACC have accepted claims for cover for the purposes of determining entitlements. Why do you disagree with the acc's confirmation that my claims have been accepted?

The claims have been accepted because of all the combined effects of the medical professionals involved with my cases have confirmed accident events causing injuries resulting in disability.

Three review hearings have reminded the ACC that they are required to make arrangements for individual assessment by relevantly qualified specialist having expertise in relation to each of the injuries for purposes of determining the degree of disability to assist the ACC calculate their financial liabilities to me in accordance with legislation.

David Butler what causes you to disagree with the ACC and challenge the medical professionals in your attack against me. You have been doing this for well over a decade and it seems to me that you are suffering from some form of compulsive obsessive disorder in regards to this attack. Have you ever seen any Professionals about this problem you are having? If you don't stop I will have to arrange for you to be seen by someone in authority

At last you describe what has been asked of you by many re your wordsmithing descriptions if your claims.
Initial standard based cover given pending entitlements.
Which you don’t have entitlement to.
As for your threat of authorities towards me.
Be my guest. Be your loss.
You have showed clearly over the years I’m the last one you want anywhere near your so called authorities.
Nothing compulsive at all
Just like to see things clear correct do you don’t con anyone else to do your bidding /dirty works towards the authorities of this nation.
Public opinion nor acc entitlement is not on your side. Never has been so waste a time continuing on that tact Thomas.
0

#20 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:10 AM

View PostHemi, on 13 December 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

At last you describe what has been asked of you by many re your wordsmithing descriptions if your claims.
Initial standard based cover given pending entitlements.
Which you don’t have entitlement to.
As for your threat of authorities towards me.
Be my guest. Be your loss.
You have showed clearly over the years I’m the last one you want anywhere near your so called authorities.
Nothing compulsive at all
Just like to see things clear correct do you don’t con anyone else to do your bidding /dirty works towards the authorities of this nation.
Public opinion nor acc entitlement is not on your side. Never has been so waste a time continuing on that tact Thomas.


David Butler what causes you to disagree with the ACC and challenge the medical professionals in your attack against me?
1

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users