ACCforum: Assisted Recovery team emails - ACCforum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assisted Recovery team emails

#1 User is offline   Tish 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-September 15

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:41 AM

Having recently been required to engage with this team, so far I have found their staff to be snippy, lazy, lacking competence and some are just outright stupid. Their emails are being delivered to gmail spam folders, not any other ACC emails that I am aware of, just this assisted recovery team's mail.

If you are in communication with them and feel you should have received mail to a gmail account and didn't, check your spam folder online. Their system logs all outgoing comms and will show you were sent one even if you never received it and they can prove it. Don't jeopardise your paper trail by not checking or following up mail you expected and didn't receive.

They know they have an email problem, they called me to tell me why their reply never got to me when I contacted them to tell them I hadn't received their follow up confirmation email.

Once more, ACC can't manage the simple things.
2

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10624
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostTish, on 28 November 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Having recently been required to engage with this team, so far I have found their staff to be snippy, lazy, lacking competence and some are just outright stupid. Their emails are being delivered to gmail spam folders, not any other ACC emails that I am aware of, just this assisted recovery team's mail.

If you are in communication with them and feel you should have received mail to a gmail account and didn't, check your spam folder online. Their system logs all outgoing comms and will show you were sent one even if you never received it and they can prove it. Don't jeopardise your paper trail by not checking or following up mail you expected and didn't receive.

They know they have an email problem, they called me to tell me why their reply never got to me when I contacted them to tell them I hadn't received their follow up confirmation email.

Once more, ACC can't manage the simple things.


What is the legal basis for this "team".

If there is a legal basis for this team to exist it must have legislated criteria for the way in which it functions and processes its duties.

If there is a failure, such as as you have described, then they should be exposed to a complaints process.

If there is no legal basis for the so-called team then no amount of complaining is going to work as they are acting outside of the law and will simply muck you about.

-1

#3 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1929
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 28 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostTish, on 28 November 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Having recently been required to engage with this team, so far I have found their staff to be snippy, lazy, lacking competence and some are just outright stupid. Their emails are being delivered to gmail spam folders, not any other ACC emails that I am aware of, just this assisted recovery team's mail.

If you are in communication with them and feel you should have received mail to a gmail account and didn't, check your spam folder online. Their system logs all outgoing comms and will show you were sent one even if you never received it and they can prove it. Don't jeopardise your paper trail by not checking or following up mail you expected and didn't receive.

They know they have an email problem, they called me to tell me why their reply never got to me when I contacted them to tell them I hadn't received their follow up confirmation email.

Once more, ACC can't manage the simple things.

have you requested snail mail ie written communications as opposed to emails or , request both of such ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to the corporation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as a claimant one has to be pro active …………..
2

#4 User is offline   Tish 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-September 15

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

Alan, ACC do all sorts of things in all sorts of ways as part of their internal claim processes with ongoing accepted claims.

Currently they choose to turn ongoing accepted claims over to their Assisted Recovery team. That's because that's how ACC chooses to manage an onging claimant, just as they would with a case manager or any other person performing a role within their little empire.

It's not about what they can, should or would do, it just is. They don't need any "legal basis" to utilise their staff in the way they choose to manage an ongoing claimamt.

My post was nothing more or less than exactly what it appeared to be - to help make those with an accepted claim under ACC who may have management of the focus their claim shifted from their case worker to a team aware of this gmail account email problem and perhaps avoid issues later on if they have missed important communicatione because ACC allows THIS team to have an ongoing issue with how their internal ACC emails are processed by gmail servers when being received.

Maybe you don't have an accepted claim for it to be an issue, but we do and others might too, if not now then later on down the line as they roll them over.
2

#5 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1929
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:57 PM

[quote name='Tish' timestamp='1574921221' post='265302']
Alan, ACC do all sorts of things in all sorts of ways as part of their internal claim processes with ongoing accepted claims.

Currently they choose to turn ongoing accepted claims over to their Assisted Recovery team. That's because that's how ACC chooses to manage an onging claimant, just as they would with a case manager or any other person performing a role within their little empire.

It's not about what they can, should or would do, it just is. They don't need any "legal basis" to utilise their staff in the way they choose to manage an ongoing claimamt.

My post was nothing more or less than exactly what it appeared to be - to help make those with an accepted claim under ACC who may have management of the focus their claim shifted from their case worker to a team aware of this gmail account email problem and perhaps avoid issues later on if they have missed important communicatione because ACC allows THIS team to have an ongoing issue with how their internal ACC emails are processed by gmail servers when being received.

Maybe you don't have an accepted claim for it to be an issue, but we do and others might too, if not now then later on down the line as they roll them over.
[/which raises the question . as in if a claim is valid or not how does one communicate successfully with the corporation ……. :rolleyes:
2

#6 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1929
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostTish, on 28 November 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Alan, ACC do all sorts of things in all sorts of ways as part of their internal claim processes with ongoing accepted claims.

Currently they choose to turn ongoing accepted claims over to their Assisted Recovery team. That's because that's how ACC chooses to manage an onging claimant, just as they would with a case manager or any other person performing a role within their little empire.

It's not about what they can, should or would do, it just is. They don't need any "legal basis" to utilise their staff in the way they choose to manage an ongoing claimamt.

My post was nothing more or less than exactly what it appeared to be - to help make those with an accepted claim under ACC who may have management of the focus their claim shifted from their case worker to a team aware of this gmail account email problem and perhaps avoid issues later on if they have missed important communicatione because ACC allows THIS team to have an ongoing issue with how their internal ACC emails are processed by gmail servers when being received.

Maybe you don't have an accepted claim for it to be an issue, but we do and others might too, if not now then later on down the line as they roll them over.

BTW is your claim longstanding ……………..towards the corporation as in such matters :rolleyes:/>and such what act do you become under
2

#7 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1929
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

View Posttommy, on 28 November 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

BTW is your claim longstanding ……………..towards the corporation as in such matters :rolleyes:/>/>and such what act do you become under

nothing has changed ,tish as in the corporation , creating new departments ,,,ie LTCU etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the point you are making is how correspondence is appropriate to both parties ,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:
3

#8 User is offline   Tish 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-September 15

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:43 PM

View Posttommy, on 28 November 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

BTW is your claim longstanding ……………..towards the corporation as in such matters :rolleyes:/>/>/>and such what act do you become under



View Posttommy, on 28 November 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

nothing has changed ,tish as in the corporation , creating new departments ,,,ie LTCU etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the point you are making is how correspondence is appropriate to both parties ,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:/>/>



The claim is a Schedule 2 and not particularly long standing, only as of late 2014, it just took a until this year for them to come to heel.

The issue of missing emails is potentially relevant to anyone dealing with an internal department at ACC, in our case it is the assisted recovery team who have described their team as new, but every claimant should make sure their emails are followed up as appropriate. ACC love a loop hole to slither through any chance they get and if they can show they sent it, they won't care down the track whether a claimant got it or not.
2

#9 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1929
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

View PostTish, on 28 November 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

The claim is a Schedule 2 and not particularly long standing, only as of late 2014, it just took a until this year for them to come to heel.

The issue of missing emails is potentially relevant to anyone dealing with an internal department at ACC, in our case it is the assisted recovery team who have described their team as new, but every claimant should make sure their emails are followed up as appropriate. ACC love a loop hole to slither through any chance they get and if they can show they sent it, they won't care down the track whether a claimant got it or not.

and yes to then the letterheads as in snail mail , does help as conjunction with e mails if one does do so with the corporation :rolleyes:/> .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
2

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users