ACCforum: Weekly Comp, payments process once accepted. - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly Comp, payments process once accepted. How long does it take to receive first payments?

#1 User is offline   hayz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

My claim was offically accepted and sent to the payments team to process on Thursday. (Only took a year and a half.)
My question is, how long does it normally take to process this payment? I am told 2 weeks max, but I am placing an offer on a house, and am well aware that sometimes ACC can take longer than expected.

I will be paid "current and ongoing" payments, backdated from March last year, as well as backpay to Dec 2017. I understand that the backpay portion is processed slower.

How much I will be paid, I am not sure. I worked 3 jobs within the year before I left work, and some ACC officials claim that I will only be paid based off my main job, whereas others state that I will simply be paid my total income for the year prior. (Minus 20% and tax of course.)

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Would love to make my offer as attractive as possible and long finance conditions are a drag. 😁

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

View Posthayz, on 14 July 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

My claim was offically accepted and sent to the payments team to process on Thursday. (Only took a year and a half.)
My question is, how long does it normally take to process this payment? I am told 2 weeks max, but I am placing an offer on a house, and am well aware that sometimes ACC can take longer than expected.

I will be paid "current and ongoing" payments, backdated from March last year, as well as backpay to Dec 2017. I understand that the backpay portion is processed slower.

How much I will be paid, I am not sure. I worked 3 jobs within the year before I left work, and some ACC officials claim that I will only be paid based off my main job, whereas others state that I will simply be paid my total income for the year prior. (Minus 20% and tax of course.)

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Would love to make my offer as attractive as possible and long finance conditions are a drag. 😁

When ACC was managed by state insurance all of these things only took a matter of a few weeks, not years. This is my personal experience.The timing that you are referring to is not inconsistent with my experience with the ACC as well when the ACC have managed.

With regards to your multiple employment situation I was only paid on the basis of one occupation and even then they neglected to pay the various fringe benefits and bonus payments while disregarding the other earnings which form the greater amount. I have got it in writing that the ACC claim that they are yet to calculate the balance but despite my continued reminding since 1989 until the present all that I get is empty responses and then in more recent times claiming that they have already addressed these issues despite the fact that I still don't have 80% of the balance of my earning streams.

This issue is about a matter of legislated criteria so rather than rely upon the word of an ACC officer, who has not been trained by the ACC, we should be relying upon what the legislation has to say. Perhaps someone could clarify what the ACC legislation says on the matter.

As the ACC staff tend to use stand over tactics/negotiate with claimants I certainly would not tell them that you are facing a matter of urgency as that will only induce them to delay all the more.

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 15 July 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Please explain yourself

Thomas

You are totally off topic when you use this thread to have your own say on your own happening which have nothing to do to help the enquirer with their problem. You go so far as to ask others.

You are totally off topic to try the swing the enquirer into your messed up situation. Nothing to do with their problem. Shut your face if you have nothing to say to assist this person.

You are totally off subject as Brucie says.

Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users