Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sensitive Claims lump sum confusion

#1 User is offline   Rainbow 3 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:56 AM

Hello I'm new here.I will try to keep things simple but need some advice please.
I have had two assessments done,one for cover and one for the lump sum. As have applied for that.
Have been diagnosed with PTSD.
I'm confused as this thing about been in therapy for a year is a must or something to get the lump sum payment.
Please can someone tell me how this works,as had both assessments done and have PTSD in both.. just don't know what happens next,and this must be a year for something..
Much thanks...

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostRainbow 3, on 28 June 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hello I'm new here.I will try to keep things simple but need some advice please.
I have had two assessments done,one for cover and one for the lump sum. As have applied for that.
Have been diagnosed with PTSD.
I'm confused as this thing about been in therapy for a year is a must or something to get the lump sum payment.
Please can someone tell me how this works,as had both assessments done and have PTSD in both.. just don't know what happens next,and this must be a year for something..
Much thanks...

This seems to be some form of confusion here. The amount of treatment, such as treatment for a year, does not form the criteria for determining ACCs liabilities as the length of treatment time does not determine the degree of harm. the degree of harm is an actual measurement as a result of diagnostic principles. This cannot be carried out by an ordinary simple therapist with the minimal amount of qualification.

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:32 AM

Hello

The injury must been stable and permanent and to be that, it is thought that it needs to have had at happened a year or so ago. Hope this helps.

Good luck

MIni

#4 User is offline   Rainbow 3 

• Pip

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

Hello.. thank you
Well it happened to me over a year ago,two years now..I didn't know anything about how ACC worked as been in Australia 25 years,so it happened to me,then I saw my Dr who saw my injuries,and said here you go Sensitive Claim..I had no idea what he even meant,he handed the paper work,and that was it..I didn't know what to do from there,no one contacted me,so I sat alone with that until I asked some one,who told me to contact ACC,as I wanted to see a counselor because I was feeling messed up,so then been seeing him nearly a year now.
When I saw the second assessor she looked confused and said the something about time..I have no idea really still..I asked at the end So do I have that PSTD,as been diagnosed with first assessment as 79percent..and with second assessor..I said So is my PTSD bad,she said yes..that's it..
It's 1am can't sleep as had nightmare and we'll my nerves are frayed...
Why do you think she was concerned about something with time frame..I don't get her..
Sorry took so long to answer but got no notification in my email and couldn't find my post until now....

#5 User is offline   spacefish 

• PipPip

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

Have you emailed your service coordinator? If you don't know who that is phone the ACC sensitive claims 0800 number and give them your name, claim number etc and ask for the name and email for your service coordinator. Ask them what is happening with your claim.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users