• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ian I not a human to acc because I have a bad TBI help to understand please

#61 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

Hi I will take my phone and hit record button when conversation starts do I have to get ACC people know that I'm recording the meeting

#62 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

[quote name='Kiwi j Jones' timestamp='1557732306' post='263620']
I would like to thank all the people who have commented I'm a bit lost information overload I've got an appointment at 10 community law this Thursday I hope to get some answers but first I have to work out what I want to ask them ACC don't make it easy they just forgot about me for 25 + years all ACC was put money in my bank I know I had been working for over a year before we got hit by drunk driver hi bich is life carried on as normal my life total change I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful woman who is a bit of me 5 beautiful children all I'm asking ACC for is what the law says I'm entitled to it's not easy living in a world that is very confusing to me it was somewhat ok when there was just me but now I have five human beings that I more than life it's self ACC need to treat people like human beings and not act like gods what's the power of the Stroke of the pen to dehumanising and give you the feeling that they just want you to go away went away what did I do wrong is it a crime to be a passenger in a car that goes for a green light and get hit by drunk driver you wake up 4 months later and your whole world's changed you can't really remember what your old world was like people tell you what it was like I get to the point of are they my memories or someone else's memories of you I will never forget how ACC let me made me lay on my lounge floor 4/8 weeks before supplying me the walk aid after I smashed my knee cap I will never forget being stabbed just for being a customer in op shop buying milk I will never forget when a car lost control you came up on the footpath and waking up in hospital to broken legs and all the operations I had so I could finally walk again ACC is not responsible for other people's actions ACCC is responsible for their actions I'm just a human being suffering from a traumatic brain injury who finds all of this totally confusing again I would like to say all the people have tried to help me and have given me advice I thank you all from the bottom of my heart Google speak Google Talk has enabled me to communicate my thinking ACC want to meet me after reconnect this Wednesday I know what happened they will use words I don't understand they will inflict overload upon me demonize me make me feel like it's my fault for not understanding like I've said in the previous post all I asked ACC was why was I not getting 80% of the minimum wage what happened to ladies came to my home and said sorry you slept through the cracks I still don't understand what you mean by that ACC new about me because I keep putting money in my bank is weak if I had one wish it would have been not to have been in the car when the drunk driver hit us they should have just let me die in hospital my saved my life was it to put me through hell but I am the luckiest person in this world I have five beautiful children the only good thing about having a tbi if there is anything good about having a tbi is you forget very quickly but you also forget the good very quickly as well I have a few friends who say to me be happy that you're still alive really is my answer to them they've never walked in my shoes love my experiences felt my frustrations my sensor disconnected from the community feeling totally confused we all have our own journey in life this is the journey that's been handed to me and my 5 beautiful children and a wonderful wife who does what he can to help thank you all so very much and trying to understand what section 60 means I still don't know
[/quote s60 is a claim awarded to very few claimants ,,, and such as in your case if it was you would of . or another party applied on your behalf ,,, and such seek a file report to as in your infos to this claim ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i believe it would be very difficult to achieve a result of s60 to date without a person being able to source all available infos , docos ,, etc and as in allan has provided previous comments to this s60 claim ,,,,

#63 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 14 May 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hi I will take my phone and hit record button when conversation starts do I have to get ACC people know that I'm recording the meeting

NO, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INFORM THEM

you can just quietly push record, pop the phone back in your pocket, or even place it on the table

It is legal to record

Just dont place your phone next to acc's recorder it causes a bit of interference

#64 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

Hi thanks for that now acc won't be able to say we be we say that and make me feel like I'm going nuts thank again

#65 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 14 May 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

youn are no different from many as in their case being overlooked and it appears on the acc radar to be reinvestigated ,,, and do such to the basics as in if you choose to have a sit in person ,,, recorder etc ,,, the point tommy is making it will be then decided where your claim is at as then the corporation then deciding if medical updates are needed to determine your way forward as in either vocati :rolleyes:/> onal social , rehab is required ,,, which is part of acc legislastive requirements towards a clamant

#66 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

I can remember going for brain test and my parents had some kind of lawyer deal with the matter both parents have passed and I would have no idea who the lawyer was I did an official information request and got a really really big box of papers was well over 1000 pieces of paper that I don't understand I will be taking the box of papers with me when I see community law this coming Thursday thank you for your help

#67 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 14 May 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I can remember going for brain test and my parents had some kind of lawyer deal with the matter both parents have passed and I would have no idea who the lawyer was I did an official information request and got a really really big box of papers was well over 1000 pieces of paper that I don't understand I will be taking the box of papers with me when I see community law this coming Thursday thank you for your help

it does help if you can have a support person with you , if you do have a difficulty in presenting infos to the meeting ,,,,,,,,,,,and such the recording device then is a tool for the meetings dialogues to be re surfaced , verbally .............if needed ,,, and all in such ,,, keep your cool ,,, and see what happens ,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

#68 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

View Posttommy, on 13 May 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

that appears to an element of archived infos and then whom is responsible for lost or time lapsed infos to support your claimn as if the corporation has no evidence of a claimants lost files etc ,,, which raises the point as in a claimamt retainining all paper work etc relating to their claim ,,, in regards of digital v,s physical ,,,,,,,,,,,, which many believed the corporation retained ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,allan :rolleyes:/>/>

Alan Thomas

This claimant says he has a box of documents that he cannot understand. Therefore you are expecting too much of him to understand when you speak in your tongue.

To give people advice you have to come to a level they can understand, and obviously you are not doing that so await the outcome of his Community Service appointment, to see what those lawyers have to say.

Mini

#69 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

Hi had meeting with ACC today I have been appointed a case manager and a life coach ACC told me the coach is there to help me with any problems I have I didn't really understand what that meant or what a life coach is but am willing to give it a try ACC did not want to talk about section 60 advised me to go and see an advocate so should I wait till tomorrow to see what community law says I thank you all for your replies and advice it has been very much appreciated thank you

#70 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

Excellent result mate

A life coach will guide you through the things that still confuse you, or are complex to understand

They should be able to find ways to explain stuff to you that you will understand and it will stick with you

This should have been done years ago, but at least you are getting somewhere

Good luck for tomorrow

Write a list of things you want to ask, and refer back to here to take notes from

Things like recording
What does section 60 really mean
What assistance are acc Obliged to give me.

All the best for your meeting

#71 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Hi thank you for your information and I will take your advice on board the best way for me to remember is just send myself an email as what I want to ask thank you

#72 User is offline   Tish 

• PipPip

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Good luck tomorrow :-)

Ask questions, ask for them to write things down in plain English as well as record the conversation. Sometimes a piece of paper is easier to follow than a recording. A clued up support person is so much help so use whatever and whoever you can to make it easier for you to cope.

Most of all, take deep breaths and remember you got this far, you can manage more with help.

#73 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• PipPip

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hi thanks very much appreciated

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users