Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Loss of potential earnings Sensitive Claims

#1 User is offline   Lee12 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:22 PM

Looking at loss of potential earnings through ACC Sensitive Claims path. 20 + years in a highly regarded profession, got blindsided by change in job description which triggered a landslide of ptsd problems. To say I went to the lowest of low is an understatement but now I am unable to do what I used to do and have lost just about everything. I have received an independence allowance following an assessment which works out to be 35cents per week. I am wondering about my loss of potential earnings and if or how do I approach ACC or should I just forget it? I could be stirring up PTSD too much and compromise my health too much.

#2 User is offline   keentohelp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

LOPE is well worth seeking if you are out of work or have been over any of the possibly covered period. It is paid at 80% of the minimum wage so is much better than most Work and Income rates. Stops at 65.

As with any ACC entitlement you can always just ask and see what happens - if you don't get it or it is not worth anything to you you can reconsider your position then.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users