Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acc under pay Why would ACC make this decision

#1 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:04 PM

The bit of information you refer to on ACC’s website “The new gross minimum rate of weekly compensation payable to a full-time earner will be $528.00 (equal to 80% of the adult minimum wage of $660.00 for a forty-hour week)”. The minimum amount payable to a full time earner only came in new legislation in 1992 (ACC Act 1992) and is only applied to claims from this time onwards and does not apply to Section 60 Permanent I'm on ACC for head injuries I have been on ACC from 1982 can someone please help me understand why I would only get $306 a week I have a family of five miles boys 10 my youngest baby is in Christchurch prenatal unit as she was born 11 weeks early I have a two year old boy I have a three year old girl and a six year old boy why would I not receiving 80% of the wage I was on at the time of my accident I was employed for more than a year I worked as a fish splitter and a fish and chip shop if anyone could help you understand why how and if I can go forward and understanding this as my case manager I have only just met and all ACC could say was we apologize for you slipping through the net 420 years I had a case manager back in the 90s last when I think was in 1992 and then heard nothing from ACC only got a weekly payment if anybody out there can help me I would be ever so grateful thank you for reading this and look forward to any comments thanks again

#2 User is online   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 05 April 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

The bit of information you refer to on ACC’s website “The new gross minimum rate of weekly compensation payable to a full-time earner will be $528.00 (equal to 80% of the adult minimum wage of $660.00 for a forty-hour week)”. The minimum amount payable to a full time earner only came in new legislation in 1992 (ACC Act 1992) and is only applied to claims from this time onwards and does not apply to Section 60 Permanent I'm on ACC for head injuries I have been on ACC from 1982 can someone please help me understand why I would only get $306 a week I have a family of five miles boys 10 my youngest baby is in Christchurch prenatal unit as she was born 11 weeks early I have a two year old boy I have a three year old girl and a six year old boy why would I not receiving 80% of the wage I was on at the time of my accident I was employed for more than a year I worked as a fish splitter and a fish and chip shop if anyone could help you understand why how and if I can go forward and understanding this as my case manager I have only just met and all ACC could say was we apologize for you slipping through the net 420 years I had a case manager back in the 90s last when I think was in 1992 and then heard nothing from ACC only got a weekly payment if anybody out there can help me I would be ever so grateful thank you for reading this and look forward to any comments thanks again

As I stated in a previous post recently, ACC staff at the front line are not of a very high intelligence which is made worse by the ACC not providing any meaningful training nor ensuring that there was adequate quality control of such decisions. Of course the more mistakes insurance staff make the more profit insurance company makes.

Okay so what is the status now? Have they recognised the problem, offered backpay with interest along with another payment to support the apology for the harm that they have done to your life all these years?

#3 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• Pip

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

Hi in one word no just a sorry you slipped off our system 420 + years I won correction I get $386 a week now ACC want me to go to a place called reconnect which don't help pay the bills and believe me when you have five children under the age of 10 you have a lot of bills thank you for your reply very much appreciated I have a severe head injury and find things hard to understand ACC would know this and are using it to their advantage also from the 1982 accident I suffered too broke and Famous broken pelvis massive scar into the face and head ACC just don't give a damn all they told me is I have 22 claims I have no understanding what they're on about ACC just leave you to suffer and endure the dehumanisation forced upon you and your family by some unknown person with an ACC I thank you and appreciate your reply

#4 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

if it over a year since you have any of those injuries they would be due for and entitlement of Individual Accessment or Lump sum payment if not fully healed. it is best you get an advocate or lawyer who knows ACC law.

Sounds like you have both physical and metal ie brain injury problems. This IA or Lump Sum can make a great difference towards paying your bills. Please see a advocate in whatever area you are in.

Mini

#5 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• Pip

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Hi what anybody know a good Advocate any assistance will be greatly appreciated thank you

#6 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 06 April 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

Hi what anybody know a good Advocate any assistance will be greatly appreciated thank you

What part of the country?

#7 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 06 April 2019 - 02:23 AM, said:

Hi in one word no just a sorry you slipped off our system 420 + years I won correction I get $386 a week now ACC want me to go to a place called reconnect which don't help pay the bills and believe me when you have five children under the age of 10 you have a lot of bills thank you for your reply very much appreciated I have a severe head injury and find things hard to understand ACC would know this and are using it to their advantage also from the 1982 accident I suffered too broke and Famous broken pelvis massive scar into the face and head ACC just don't give a damn all they told me is I have 22 claims I have no understanding what they're on about ACC just leave you to suffer and endure the dehumanisation forced upon you and your family by some unknown person with an ACC I thank you and appreciate your reply

a good advocate , is a rarity these days , and if not achievable ,,, it can be surprising what a lawyer can give as in asking and explaining your case to them , as in deciding if the costs and worthiness of your case is worth persuing ,,, ie hazel armstrong law can be a starting point ,, a phone call is simple ,, if not you have already been down this road ,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

#8 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

Hi thank you very much for your information we will give them a call thanks again

#9 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

View PostKiwi j Jones, on 09 April 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hi thank you very much for your information we will give them a call thanks again

Oh and don't forget you may be entitled to some interest, if ACC were not paying you the correct amount of ACC Weekly compensation.

mini

#10 User is offline   Kiwi j Jones 

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

Hi thanks I don't get 80 percent of mim wage because as above so I think acc are just out to save money so govt people can live like kings thank you again

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users