• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Awful Taxi Service - Employer Must Pay?

#1 User is offline   jnresco 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:27 PM

Hello

I am having problem with my taxi service which is consistently late - in excess on an hour most days. Average 1-1hr 30 each day.

I have explained to ACC that this lost time should not be my employers responsibility. My employer is paying for me to wait for taxis which never arrive on time.

ACC insist that once they have booked the taxi, they are no longer responsible for lost time. To my surprise they suggested that I work longer hours. I underwent major surgery 4 weeks ago so this is not an option.

Can anyone point me towards anything useful in this case? I would like at least to charge ACC back for the lost time so that my employer does not have to foot the bill.

Many thanks

#2 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

View Postjnresco, on 08 March 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hello

I am having problem with my taxi service which is consistently late - in excess on an hour most days. Average 1-1hr 30 each day.

I have explained to ACC that this lost time should not be my employers responsibility. My employer is paying for me to wait for taxis which never arrive on time.

ACC insist that once they have booked the taxi, they are no longer responsible for lost time. To my surprise they suggested that I work longer hours. I underwent major surgery 4 weeks ago so this is not an option.

Can anyone point me towards anything useful in this case? I would like at least to charge ACC back for the lost time so that my employer does not have to foot the bill.

Many thanks

You could find a Taxi service that gives better service,

book your own Taxi's, get a receipt, and ACC will reimburse you.

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostBrucey, on 08 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

You could find a Taxi service that gives better service,

book your own Taxi's, get a receipt, and ACC will reimburse you.

What about driving Miss Daisy. This company is used by ACC and known for its reliability. One of them out there would like a regular, who is being taken same route every day. You don't have to stay with one you don't like.

What if the driver was gross, they wouldn't let him/her take you. There is nothing wrong with having a preference.

Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users