ACCforum: PAIN CARE - ACCforum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PAIN CARE

#1 User is offline   80 grand arm 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 10-November 18
  • Locationauckland

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:02 AM

HI ever one finally got to a pain doctor . been going once a week since February and also having physio on my shoulder and neck . some bull .... from acc that the hand clinic only do the wrist and elbow . the cost a week is about $600 a week in acc. was to be back at wwork in march but not so .having all the nervis and ligarments completely gone . a lot ove repairs to be done
0

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9732
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

 80 grand arm, on 06 March 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

HI ever one finally got to a pain doctor . been going once a week since February and also having physio on my shoulder and neck . some bull .... from acc that the hand clinic only do the wrist and elbow . the cost a week is about $600 a week in acc. was to be back at wwork in march but not so .having all the nervis and ligarments completely gone . a lot ove repairs to be done


Quite obviously you need surgical treatment before anybody develops any kind of notion that you are going to return to work. M
0

#3 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7725
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 06 March 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Reported for personal attack.

The legislation has criteria and it is the criteria I refer to.


Thomas

You can get sent thru to the hand clinic by your provider and the hand clinic, can give you all over, fingers and all, relief from pain and stiffness after being in a caste. No that it works all the time as I cannot make a complete fist, but that doesn't mean to say they will operate. The little I have left is enough to wash and dry myself and do the dishes etc. So I will keep that rather than be operated on thank you very much. Can only just read my own handwriting, but not every one is like you and needs so much attention. Hope you can take the Reported for personal attack off Brucey.

Mini
0

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9732
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostMINI, on 07 March 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

Thomas

You can get sent thru to the hand clinic by your provider and the hand clinic, can give you all over, fingers and all, relief from pain and stiffness after being in a caste. No that it works all the time as I cannot make a complete fist, but that doesn't mean to say they will operate. The little I have left is enough to wash and dry myself and do the dishes etc. So I will keep that rather than be operated on thank you very much. Can only just read my own handwriting, but not every one is like you and needs so much attention. Hope you can take the Reported for personal attack off Brucey.

Mini


The purpose of this site is to help one another with what we know. We are all perfectly well aware that in all probability none of us are doctors or lawyers and can only speak from our personal experience or observations. In my situation my condition was so serious that it was necessary to amputate career structures with my hand and replace those parts with artificial components. This greatly relieved the pain that I was an and provided me with at least some capacity to use my right dominant hand where before I had no capacity to work whatsoever. You have not actually said what the nature of your injury actually is apart from that one stage it was broken. The nature of injury and recovery varies from person to person quite a lot. For example if a person has medical treatment to their hand and then never uses their hand of course it will atrophy and not be useful for anything despite the surgery. My surgeon was very angry that ACC would not pay for either the surgery or post surgery physiotherapy which meant that I had to learn a lot about my condition myself in order to formulate my own solutions.
With regards to dishes, I use a dishwasher. With regards to writing, I use voice software. With regards to pain I had been on the maximum dose of opioids and sleeping medication to cope with the pain.
With regards to Brucey we need to understand that there are large number of claimants from all walks of life with all manner of different types of problems. It is commonplace for someone who uses their real name to be the branch of such peoples frustrations and anger. Once one person becomes a target for such a person it is also commonplace for others to follow.

Back to your injuries and remedies. You should work out your strategy and treatment plan with your doctor who will recommend you to the appropriate specialists. If the the ACC does not pay for the medical treatment, despite the judiciary instructing the ACC to pay, then you must find the funds from someone else. I was able to raise $40,000 for one treatment and $22,000 for another treatment. The good news is that I am well on the way towards building a workshop with various lifting equipment and user-friendly attributes to accommodate my needs in order that I might utilise my pre-existing skills and qualifications to generate earnings. Sadly even though I am nearing retirement age I am not going to be able to afford to retire, perhaps not forever.

-2

#5 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9732
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

View Post80 grand arm, on 06 March 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

HI ever one finally got to a pain doctor . been going once a week since February and also having physio on my shoulder and neck . some bull .... from acc that the hand clinic only do the wrist and elbow . the cost a week is about $600 a week in acc. was to be back at wwork in march but not so .having all the nervis and ligarments completely gone . a lot ove repairs to be done


What happens if you don't get the necessary repairs?
0

#6 User is offline   Brucey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8832
  • Joined: 26-January 07
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 07 March 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

What happens if you don't get the necessary repairs?


They send you back to work, as they did with me , twice.
2

#7 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1529
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

View PostBrucey, on 07 March 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

No it is not me that is confused, your words not mine. I am not interested in talking shit with you, and I am not discussing my personal stuff, or yours. I was just simply answering your question.

The point is ACC can and do send people back to work with injuries, and cut their ERC. As you well know.

good point , brucey ,, which raises the question why , does the corporation employ this tactic , as in to the claimant.and in most cases the claimant is financially strapped , and hence does not know the legislation , as in being rehabed if that be the case ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
0

#8 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1529
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

View Posttommy, on 07 March 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

good point , brucey ,, which raises the question why , does the corporation employ this tactic , as in to the claimant.and in most cases the claimant is finacially strapped , and hence does not know the legislation , as in being rehabed if that be the case ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and hence where does rehab begin when the claimant has returned to their pre injury occupation or otherwise without the proposed agreement of the claimant and the corporation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:/>/>/>
0

#9 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9732
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

View Posttommy, on 07 March 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

and hence where does rehab begin when the claimant has returned to their pre injury occupation or otherwise without the proposed agreement of the claimant and the corporation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Posted Image/>/>/>


As I previously stated the legislation requires all parties, including the ACC, to submit to the authority of the medical profession. It is the medical profession that decides whether or not it is safe to return to the preinjury occupation or engage in any other occupation. Only an idiot goes back to work while they are still injured. It is all too common for the ACC to rely upon the submissiveness of idiots to make massive profits themselves.
-2

#10 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7725
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 07 March 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

The purpose of this site is to help one another with what we know. We are all perfectly well aware that in all probability none of us are doctors or lawyers and can only speak from our personal experience or observations. In my situation my condition was so serious that it was necessary to amputate career structures with my hand and replace those parts with artificial components. This greatly relieved the pain that I was an and provided me with at least some capacity to use my right dominant hand where before I had no capacity to work whatsoever. You have not actually said what the nature of your injury actually is apart from that one stage it was broken. The nature of injury and recovery varies from person to person quite a lot. For example if a person has medical treatment to their hand and then never uses their hand of course it will atrophy and not be useful for anything despite the surgery. My surgeon was very angry that ACC would not pay for either the surgery or post surgery physiotherapy which meant that I had to learn a lot about my condition myself in order to formulate my own solutions.
With regards to dishes, I use a dishwasher. With regards to writing, I use voice software. With regards to pain I had been on the maximum dose of opioids and sleeping medication to cope with the pain.
With regards to Brucey we need to understand that there are large number of claimants from all walks of life with all manner of different types of problems. It is commonplace for someone who uses their real name to be the branch of such peoples frustrations and anger. Once one person becomes a target for such a person it is also commonplace for others to follow.

Back to your injuries and remedies. You should work out your strategy and treatment plan with your doctor who will recommend you to the appropriate specialists. If the the ACC does not pay for the medical treatment, despite the judiciary instructing the ACC to pay, then you must find the funds from someone else. I was able to raise $40,000 for one treatment and $22,000 for another treatment. The good news is that I am well on the way towards building a workshop with various lifting equipment and user-friendly attributes to accommodate my needs in order that I might utilise my pre-existing skills and qualifications to generate earnings. Sadly even though I am nearing retirement age I am not going to be able to afford to retire, perhaps not forever.


Thomas

If you prefer to work in your old age, that is up to you. The pension allows you to do this. But you can only make up to a certain amount before you lose all your Injury and sickness cover ie for what you cant do. So like any other other benefit there are rules, if you think you cannot make life livable on a pension, then you have set your own bar too high. I have a perfectly good life without having to resort to working to make more money. Mind you I have been savvy enough to hold onto my own home thru the rough times, therefore no rent to pay. This makes all the difference.

Mind you I am a fighter, so the rough times only made me more determined to hold onto what I had genuinely paid for, so it was just a matter of arranging my life to allow me the luxurey of having a decent enough life after ACC.

My hand was broken, it never healed in a caste, and was probably never meant to be in one, as it remained static and never has been able to make a fist since. It is still broken, but ACC hate to admit that but I have had more than one Dr tell me so. I do not intend to have any operation on it, just to get a fist back again. I just have to be more careful using knives etc and cannot hold small items like pins and needles and sewing impliments. I have not tried my sewing machine yet. But will get around it one day as it was something I have used for many years. My whole upper body is now been through two shoulder operations a hand and humerous break which are due to have an assessment done on them.

You of course are not interested in how I coupe with my injuries, I know that, but I feel I should point out that without the use of all your upper limbs is a bit more debilitating than one hand that you have had two or three operations on, should be becoming pain free if nothing else.

It is good you have an interest ie your work, than being on here all the time. The work will keep you busy and up to date on what is needed in that particular line of work.

Mini
1

#11 User is offline   Brucey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8832
  • Joined: 26-January 07
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 07 March 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

The purpose of this site is to help one another with what we know. We are all perfectly well aware that in all probability none of us are doctors or lawyers and can only speak from our personal experience or observations. In my situation my condition was so serious that it was necessary to amputate career structures with my hand and replace those parts with artificial components. This greatly relieved the pain that I was an and provided me with at least some capacity to use my right dominant hand where before I had no capacity to work whatsoever. You have not actually said what the nature of your injury actually is apart from that one stage it was broken. The nature of injury and recovery varies from person to person quite a lot. For example if a person has medical treatment to their hand and then never uses their hand of course it will atrophy and not be useful for anything despite the surgery. My surgeon was very angry that ACC would not pay for either the surgery or post surgery physiotherapy which meant that I had to learn a lot about my condition myself in order to formulate my own solutions.
With regards to dishes, I use a dishwasher. With regards to writing, I use voice software. With regards to pain I had been on the maximum dose of opioids and sleeping medication to cope with the pain.
With regards to Brucey we need to understand that there are large number of claimants from all walks of life with all manner of different types of problems. It is commonplace for someone who uses their real name to be the branch of such peoples frustrations and anger. Once one person becomes a target for such a person it is also commonplace for others to follow.

Back to your injuries and remedies. You should work out your strategy and treatment plan with your doctor who will recommend you to the appropriate specialists. If the the ACC does not pay for the medical treatment, despite the judiciary instructing the ACC to pay, then you must find the funds from someone else. I was able to raise $40,000 for one treatment and $22,000 for another treatment. The good news is that I am well on the way towards building a workshop with various lifting equipment and user-friendly attributes to accommodate my needs in order that I might utilise my pre-existing skills and qualifications to generate earnings. Sadly even though I am nearing retirement age I am not going to be able to afford to retire, perhaps not forever.




OFF TOPIC.

0

#12 User is offline   Brucey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8832
  • Joined: 26-January 07
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 07 March 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

As I previously stated the legislation requires all parties, including the ACC, to submit to the authority of the medical profession. It is the medical profession that decides whether or not it is safe to return to the preinjury occupation or engage in any other occupation. Only an idiot goes back to work while they are still injured. It is all too common for the ACC to rely upon the submissiveness of idiots to make massive profits themselves.


OFF TOPIC
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users