Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New WPI when old previous WPI lost/cindered by ACC

#1 User is offline   spacefish 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:52 PM

I just got my file from ACC and found that it is incomplete (it's old) and there are no records of assessments or WPI calculated for LS under 1982 Act. I'm going to put in a new claim with ACC but how are they going to deal with incomplete records like this. They will more than likely know that a WPI has been done and paid out on in the past, but neither they or I have a record of the details.

Has anyone any pearls to share?

Thanks. Posted Image

#2 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

View Postspacefish, on 07 August 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

I just got my file from ACC and found that it is incomplete (it's old) and there are no records of assessments or WPI calculated for LS under 1982 Act. I'm going to put in a new claim with ACC but how are they going to deal with incomplete records like this. They will more than likely know that a WPI has been done and paid out on in the past, but neither they or I have a record of the details.

Has anyone any pearls to share?

Thanks. Posted Image

Any old lump sum paid out will have a % paid out meaning you were paid out of $17000 a % and out of $10000 a Payment of ? under S78 & S79 under 1982 acc act.

if no records or u recall you have never been paid and lump sump , Then you are entitled to a WPI assessment where you must Receive a wpi of 10% or more for a payment.

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

Ask for a transaction report as that will record the lump sum amount along with other information.

#4 User is offline   spacefish 

• PipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Thanks INTER and doppelganger.

When I asked for my records I asked for everything that related to the relevant claims. I thought that would also include financial info relevant to the claim but I think if there are any transaction records it is going to be a bit tricky for the reasons (and case) below.

I had 4 sensitive claims which I recall were merged to one. When I spoke to ACC about this the person I was dealing with thought this was odd, however while on the phone to me she went on to uncover a further claim number and other info related to me which had been separated out as my name (first and last) had been incorrectly spelled at various times. FGS! Posted Image

I may leave off asking about historical financial transactions for now as it may complicate things, however for anyone else coming along wanting similar info, the following case is interesting:
O'Regan v Accident Compensation Corporation (Independence Allowance) [2018] NZACC 9 (31 January 2018)
http://www.nzlii.org...ACC/2018/9.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users