• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attendant Care

#1 User is offline   sugar_86 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Acc is now cutting my hours for my a/c. Can they even do this when they have not done anything with my rehabilitation, in the last few years? I live with my family, and have a self contained unit within the home, so am classed as "semi independent". I don't want to live here forever, I want to get out of this house, ofcourse when I am able to, but what should ACC be doing, in regards to me, becoming independent?
Thanks in advance x

#2 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:10 PM

allen Gordon Thomas , may be able to address your issues , sugar 86 , cheers tommy

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

sugar_86, on 07 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Acc is now cutting my hours for my a/c. Can they even do this when they have not done anything with my rehabilitation, in the last few years? I live with my family, and have a self contained unit within the home, so am classed as "semi independent". I don't want to live here forever, I want to get out of this house, ofcourse when I am able to, but what should ACC be doing, in regards to me, becoming independent?
Thanks in advance x

With the current decision-making that is going on right now, as the ACC obtained any new information from an independent assessor qualified to make the information or as the ACC simply making a decision because they feel in their bones or by way of their intuition that as time has gone by you deserve less? Ask for a copy of the information that they have relied upon for all decisions and have that information validated against the criteria of the legislation to make sure that they have not given their assessors any wrong information will manipulated the assessors in any way or form.

Ask your doctor to ask the ACC to obtain an assessment report for assisted living and independent living in accordance with your needs. You should not be dependent upon your parents as the ACC legislation is required to fund your needs, not your parents.
Obviously as an adult you have a legitimate expectation to be independent and not need to wait until you are able but the independent right now with ACC funding to achieve that independence. Why do you think we all pay ACC levies if it is not to pay for your needs?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users