ACCforum: Lump Sum - Impairment Assessment - ACCforum

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lump Sum - Impairment Assessment Dr Ross McCormick

#1 User is offline   jordan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 09-July 07

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hi there,

I applied for this from ACC for two different injuries, so I would have though I'd get the option to choose from a list of assessors - they have not sent me a list but today I receive a text saying:

Dear Miss ******

Dr McCormick here. The ACC has asked me to meet with you for compensation purposes to assess your 2002 syringyomelia, whiplash injury, hygroma, and hydrocephalus, and your 2010 left humerus fracture. I suggest we meet at bla bla bla….

My question is...should I have not been given a list of assessors to choose from?
I have read bad things about this doctor in here so should I refuse?
The two injuries are not even closely related to each other so I am unsure how I can be assessed by one doctor??

Any advice is greatly appreciated
0

#2 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7422
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

 jordan, on 28 June 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hi there,

I applied for this from ACC for two different injuries, so I would have though I'd get the option to choose from a list of assessors - they have not sent me a list but today I receive a text saying:

Dear Miss ******

Dr McCormick here. The ACC has asked me to meet with you for compensation purposes to assess your 2002 syringyomelia, whiplash injury, hygroma, and hydrocephalus, and your 2010 left humerus fracture. I suggest we meet at bla bla bla….

My question is...should I have not been given a list of assessors to choose from?
I have read bad things about this doctor in here so should I refuse?
The two injuries are not even closely related to each other so I am unsure how I can be assessed by one doctor??

Any advice is greatly appreciated


Hi there

Are your injuries under two different era' ie Independence allowance and lump sum?? if so this guy would be the one to have. he has been around for yonks and has acted as a Dr who has just gone thru my last assessment and OK'd it. I am not OKing it because I consider the calculations to be wrong. And the assessor wrong in that he hurt my arm very badly, so it was sore for three days. He was a very ukkky guy. I got about four to choose from so still got it wrong, so I consider it is just a matter of go for it and fix up when it is spewed out the other end, so to speak.

If you have IA and Lump sum to be done in yours I would love to know if the figures are all calculated together to get your Whole Person Impairment. I have had Lump sum done from injuries in the start of the 2002's and I am wondering if they have to add in I/A even though I am getting that now. I would think that the Whole person Impairement must be all the injuries added together, for WPI figure, to get the actual amount of permanent damage, then that figure deducted when getting amount to pay out on if any.

I am not after them money so much as the recognition of my Whole Person Impairment.

As you can see I probably have as many problems as you, but I successfully got my I/A without a lawyer. But you will probably need one by the look of your injurys you have there.

Mini
0

#3 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7422
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

 jordan, on 28 June 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hi there,

I applied for this from ACC for two different injuries, so I would have though I'd get the option to choose from a list of assessors - they have not sent me a list but today I receive a text saying:

Dear Miss ******

Dr McCormick here. The ACC has asked me to meet with you for compensation purposes to assess your 2002 syringyomelia, whiplash injury, hygroma, and hydrocephalus, and your 2010 left humerus fracture. I suggest we meet at bla bla bla….

My question is...should I have not been given a list of assessors to choose from?
I have read bad things about this doctor in here so should I refuse?
The two injuries are not even closely related to each other so I am unsure how I can be assessed by one doctor??

Any advice is greatly appreciated

0

#4 User is offline   INTER 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 239
  • Joined: 19-August 14

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

given a list NO if you want to choose an assessor you may request a list to choose from.

IF it's Ross McCormick he is Fair as he also does acc peer-reviews.
1

#5 User is offline   jordan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 09-July 07

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Okay great, thank you for all the advice.
Do I need to ask specifically to be assessed for physical and mental for the brain stuff ?,or am I best not to?
0

#6 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1144
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

View Postjordan, on 01 July 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

Okay great, thank you for all the advice.
Do I need to ask specifically to be assessed for physical and mental for the brain stuff ?,or am I best not to?


Has ACC supplied you with a 'Schedule of Claimant Injuries' ?
0

#7 User is offline   INTER 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 239
  • Joined: 19-August 14

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

as greg has asked have you got cover for a mental injury on your schedule of injuries

as an assessment is carried out ONLY on injuries you have Accepted cover for.
0

#8 User is offline   jordan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 09-July 07

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

View PostINTER, on 02 July 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

as greg has asked have you got cover for a mental injury on your schedule of injuries

as an assessment is carried out ONLY on injuries you have Accepted cover for.


I'm not sure. I'll have to try and find the schedule again and check. Does it stare it on the schedule?, I thought it just had the date, claim number and description of injury.
My appointment is on Wednesday so if I call the ACC will the be able to tell me if it's on the schedule incase I'm unable to find it?, and if it's not on there do I need to apply?, I'm a bit rusty on knowing this!
0

#9 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7422
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

View Postjordan, on 02 July 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

I'm not sure. I'll have to try and find the schedule again and check. Does it stare it on the schedule?, I thought it just had the date, claim number and description of injury.
My appointment is on Wednesday so if I call the ACC will the be able to tell me if it's on the schedule incase I'm unable to find it?, and if it's not on there do I need to apply?, I'm a bit rusty on knowing this!


Jordon

If you consider your physical injury has caused your mental injury then you must go for cover and if you get cover then you will have an assessment. I know because I have had it done.

Firstly your GP will give you a letter for ACC saying that he thinks you should have a physc examination because of................. Then that will be arranged by ACC, and when that is done depending on the outcome, an assessment for your % of Whole Person Impairment will be done by a person Dr, trained in this mental type of injury. That goes to ACC and they let you know when and how much they are going to pay you if you are over 10% WPI.

So you are off to see Dr MacCormack today. Good Luck. You can ask him while you are there. I think you find he gives you the same advice. One step at a time.

Good Luck

Mini
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users