• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Medical Assessment

#1 User is offline   sugar_86 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Can someone please let me know, why ACC would review a medical assessment? I have just received an email from case manager saying this... and in all my years on ACC (16) my medical assessments, have never gone to review... so a little confused...

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

View Postsugar_86, on 30 April 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

Can someone please let me know, why ACC would review a medical assessment? I have just received an email from case manager saying this... and in all my years on ACC (16) my medical assessments, have never gone to review... so a little confused...

Before the legislation permits the ACC to challenge the medical assessment they would need to have a proper reason. Have they given you that reason? If not write to them asking for the information and rationale for them to be challenging the medical assessment.

In the ACC staff training manual they are instructed to challenge decisions so long as there might be some kind of legal argument. The problem as the staff are not given any training in the meaning of the ACC legislation but rather rely upon peer discussions which means that your files would have been subject to a group review meeting in the office where one other staff member might have advised how they have got rid of a claimant based on some process rather that was not challenged by the claimant and that perhaps they could do the same in your case. In other words there is a very high chance that they are just trying it on and what you to process the matter through review hearing at which stage most claimants will certainly give up while those who do go to review hearing only have something less than 30% chance of success and if not successful still only another 30% chance that the district court level. So by way of attrition this method that you are going through now is one of the biggest mechanisms by which the ACC make their profit. Is the process honest, of course not!

So if I was in your position I would immediately make an appointment with my doctor or whoever is been providing you with medical certificates and take with you the medical assessment that the ACC are seeking to challenge and ask for your doctor to give their opinion. If their opinion is to the effect that there is unexplained anomaly or that the ACC position is blatantly wrong then ask your doctor to write a letter to the ACC asking them to explain why your doctor has been challenged and whether or not the person making the challenge as any medical qualification. If the ACC staff member does have a medical qualification then it would be appropriate to make a complaint to the medical authority providing them with the qualification that the ACC are relying upon. While this is going on also asked ACC under the privacy act for the information that I have described above and remind them that they have 20 days to provide that information.

I think nine times out of 10 you will find that the ACC are simply running a bluff or something that is sufficient to confuse and ACC / Fairway Resolution Ltd trained reviewer.

#3 User is offline   sugar_86 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

Thank you for this Alan :)

View PostAlan Thomas, on 30 April 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Before the legislation permits the ACC to challenge the medical assessment they would need to have a proper reason. Have they given you that reason? If not write to them asking for the information and rationale for them to be challenging the medical assessment.

In the ACC staff training manual they are instructed to challenge decisions so long as there might be some kind of legal argument. The problem as the staff are not given any training in the meaning of the ACC legislation but rather rely upon peer discussions which means that your files would have been subject to a group review meeting in the office where one other staff member might have advised how they have got rid of a claimant based on some process rather that was not challenged by the claimant and that perhaps they could do the same in your case. In other words there is a very high chance that they are just trying it on and what you to process the matter through review hearing at which stage most claimants will certainly give up while those who do go to review hearing only have something less than 30% chance of success and if not successful still only another 30% chance that the district court level. So by way of attrition this method that you are going through now is one of the biggest mechanisms by which the ACC make their profit. Is the process honest, of course not!

So if I was in your position I would immediately make an appointment with my doctor or whoever is been providing you with medical certificates and take with you the medical assessment that the ACC are seeking to challenge and ask for your doctor to give their opinion. If their opinion is to the effect that there is unexplained anomaly or that the ACC position is blatantly wrong then ask your doctor to write a letter to the ACC asking them to explain why your doctor has been challenged and whether or not the person making the challenge as any medical qualification. If the ACC staff member does have a medical qualification then it would be appropriate to make a complaint to the medical authority providing them with the qualification that the ACC are relying upon. While this is going on also asked ACC under the privacy act for the information that I have described above and remind them that they have 20 days to provide that information.

I think nine times out of 10 you will find that the ACC are simply running a bluff or something that is sufficient to confuse and ACC / Fairway Resolution Ltd trained reviewer.

#4 User is offline   sugar_86 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

Whoops sorry, I mean support needs assessment. They are reviewing the support needs... I'm just tired....
What do they mean by they are reviewing that? I've already had the assessment!

View PostAlan Thomas, on 30 April 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

#5 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:17 AM

IT"S there way of looking to see if they can Screw you on cover.

They pin prick assessment to be satisfied any due entitlement is 100 percent your covered injury related :

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostINTER, on 01 May 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

IT"S there way of looking to see if they can Screw you on cover.

They pin prick assessment to be satisfied any due entitlement is 100 percent your covered injury related :

Surger

alan was right in the first place and maybe should have left it there.

ACC have made a new decision by the sound of it and it is the law and their obligation to tell you why your one assessment is getting so much attention from them.

Have you got the outcome of the assessment yet?

If so, or Not, you first step in my opinion is to put on paper and ask why they haven't given you a proper decision, could they please follow the law and enlighten you.

The law will be under the Part Who has a Right to Review. They have some dead brick heads in there that don't even know the law. So take this opportunity to get their side of the story straight. They have probably made a error in process that would not get past a Judge. So ask them the relevant questions now. In writing.

Im sorry busy on my own stuff so cannot walk you thru it step by step.

Good Luck.

Mini

#7 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postsugar_86, on 30 April 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Whoops sorry, I mean support needs assessment. They are reviewing the support needs... I'm just tired....
What do they mean by they are reviewing that? I've already had the assessment!

sugar_86

from what you have said it may be that the medical and or needs assessment showed a need for support of some-kind and they are reviewing that report as to what that support may or not be/in other words looking at the needs you may have and merely in house reviewing the situation as a whole on that basis to/of support issues.
from experience in similar to what you have shown there may or not be a further assessment by an occupational therapist or the likes re any support needed, and what and how much.
ive had similar wordings received in a letter as to > in house case manager reviewing issues within a report re making sure support needs entitlements are correctly applied and given /or not.
alans description whilst applicable in some case issues ,with the comment of the 9 out of 10 , i have shown the 10th one not spoken of by alan.
hemi

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users