• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Please Labour Election Campaign 2014

#1 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Would anybody happen to have, or able to link me to, Labours election campaign promises for ACC for the 2014 election campaign ????

I have the 2017 one but trying to get hold of the 2014 information.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostHuggy, on 24 April 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Would anybody happen to have, or able to link me to, Labours election campaign promises for ACC for the 2014 election campaign ????

I have the 2017 one but trying to get hold of the 2014 information.

Thanks.

Hope this helps Posted Image I clicked the link on this page tfor a look at the full Acc policy promise document and got an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps doesn't exist.

https://www.labour.o...c_for_all_kiwis

Labour promises a fairer ACC for all Kiwis

Posted by David Hawkins on August 08, 2014

Accident compensation for loss of potential earnings will rise under a Labour Government, while people not earning at the time of their accident will also be eligible for compensation, Labour’s ACC spokesperson Iain Lees-Galloway says.

Releasing Labour’s ACC policy today he said Labour believes everyone should get a fair deal from ACC.

“That means those who are entitled to cover will get it. At the moment some groups are disproportionally disadvantaged.

“Currently claimants injured before they have the opportunity to begin earning are eligible for support equal to 80 per cent of the higher of the minimum weekly wage or 125 per cent of the invalid’s benefit.

“We will increase compensation for loss of potential earnings to 80 per cent of the median wage. We don’t think it’s right to assume that a person who is injured at an early age would have earned only the minimum wage had the injury not occurred.

“An unfair anomaly that means people who were not earning at the time they had an accident but are working when they become incapacitated do not receive weekly compensation, will also be scrapped under a Labour government.

“We will also investigate the introduction of a flat levy on all employers to fund occupational disease claims.

“While National has justified massive levy increases with its claims that ACC was in crisis, ACC recorded a surplus in 2012/13 of $4.9 billion, far in excess of what it needs. Despite advice from MBIE and ACC to cut levies, the Government has kept them unnecessarily high to achieve surplus.

“Labour will review levies to ensure they are not higher than needed to meet real costs of entitlements, and cut them if affordable.

“ACC has a proven track record. A Labour Government will ensure it is maintained as a publicly-owned social insurance scheme for all New Zealanders, with an increased focus on rehabilitation and long-term injury prevention,” Iain Lees-Galloway said.

#3 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

https://www.labour.o...s_fix_not_glitz

ACC’s reputation needs fix, not glitz

Posted by Iain Lees-Galloway on October 29, 2014

Restoring public trust and confidence in ACC will take a lot more than a new communications strategy or social media blitz, says Labour’s ACC spokesperson Iain Lees-Galloway.
“Under National, ACC has come to be perceived as insensitive, difficult to deal with, constantly breaching privacy, overly litigious and inclined to use every tactic in the book to avoid paying out for treatment and compensation.

“Today Minister Nikki Kaye admitted that ACC has no idea how much it is losing to fraudulent claims and that its data is completely out of date.

“On top of all that, the Government is using the Corporation as a cash cow to prop up a budget surplus that doesn’t really exist.

“Nikki Kaye was expected to be a breath of fresh air after Judith Collins was sacked as ACC Minister, but there was nothing fresh about her thinking today. In fact she denied something that Judith Collins was quite honest about – that ACC levies are being kept artificially high to help the Government reach that fictitious surplus.

“National has destroyed the reputation of a New Zealand treasure that we should all be immensely proud of.
All Kiwis want is for ACC to provide fair treatment and fair compensation in return for a fair levy. Is that too much to ask Nikki?”

#4 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

Labour will: election campaign

https://d3n8a8pro7vh....pdf?1504586584

#5 User is offline   Bravd 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

As some one who is on LOPE.

Anyone know if it will change from 80% minimal wages, to 80% median wages?

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostBravd, on 14 June 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

As some one who is on LOPE.

Anyone know if it will change from 80% minimal wages, to 80% median wages?

Bravd

Give less Galloway office a ring and find out. Please let us know eh??

Mini

#7 User is offline   magnacarta 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

It is quite disturbing that current ACC Minister, Iain Lees-Galloway continues to described ACC as "social insurance" - That is totally wrong and misleading.

ACC is a "social contract" - there is a huge difference.

IMPORTANT - See the latest Court of Appeal judgment McGougan v Depuy International Limited [2018] NZCA 91 (13 April 2018) - paragraph's [25] to [40] on the social contract.

When dealing with the Minister, the ACC and its CEO you all need to scrutinise this judgment and understand what is, and has been, happening.

#8 User is offline   Bravd 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostMINI, on 14 June 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Bravd

Give less Galloway office a ring and find out. Please let us know eh??

Mini

Hi Mini, I sent the office an email, I'll give them a ring next week when I have not herd back form them.

#9 User is offline   Bravd 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

As of 23rd of June, NZ herald don't think anything has been changed.

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12069913

#10 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostBravd, on 27 June 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

As of 23rd of June, NZ herald don't think anything has been changed.

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12069913

Bravd

Thanks for the read. It is very disconcerting, how ACC are treating people who have no control over when they have their further medical needs.

There have been major changes to ACC 2001 Act. Only most of the changes are set up in an addendum/amendments Act - some have yet to be incorporated so they say. This means that any law you read must take the changes that have taken place into consideration as well. It is a huge amount of reading and trying to understand how it is all put together. Now I read they are thinking of putting another 2001 amendment Act into being.

My bottom half has developed problems because I have been sitting so long typing. over the years. I hope to god it is covered by ACC as it has cost mega bucks just to find out what was causing it. Hopefully we are on the right trail now.

Lets know when you follow up and hear from ACC.

Mini

#11 User is offline   Bravd 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

Hi Mini,

I have received a response from Hon Iain Lees-Galloway.

He says, "I am considering the policy options and officials at the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment are currently preparing advice on the options. I aim to ensure LOPE provisions strikes the right balance between supporting people who have experienced severe injuries fairly and considering, and maintaining the financial sustainability of the scheme."

#12 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostBravd, on 10 July 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hi Mini,

I have received a response from Hon Iain Lees-Galloway.

He says, "I am considering the policy options and officials at the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment are currently preparing advice on the options. I aim to ensure LOPE provisions strikes the right balance between supporting people who have experienced severe injuries fairly and considering, and maintaining the financial sustainability of the scheme."

Thank you Bravd,

You have given some wonderful insight here and tied in with my other information it is proving very valuable.

Mr Lees Galloway is having some one to one with the officials at the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment. Do you think it is worthwhile finding out if they have a select committee working on it and what the name and number of the committee is so you and others can send in a submission to tell your side of it and how you think it should be amended.

I have one here concerning the 'overtaxing of the lump sum payments of backdated weekly compensation' through no fault of our own. The IRD are now saying 'it would develop around addressing fairness concerns with taxation of lump sum payments'.

the submission close off is 13/8/2018 so we have got time to get our thoughts down on paper and post it to:

The Secrcerat ?? (check spelling)
The Finance & Expenditure Committee Bill Number 72/1
Parliament Building
WELLINGTON

I can let you see my papers when I have them ready and would appreciate your getting the word out to as many as you can.

Thank you for your assistance to get us this far, it may be a blessing in descuise!!

Cheers
Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users