ACCforum: It was very frightening' - Christine Rankin's emotional revelation - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It was very frightening' - Christine Rankin's emotional revelation

#1 User is offline   anonymousey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

It was very frightening' - Christine Rankin's emotional revelation

Christine Rankin has opened up about her terrifying ordeal as the chief executive of WINZ, revealing for the first time she had her own police protection squad.

"They believed that my life really was in danger," she told The AM Show on Thursday.
She claims the "ruthless" 1999 Labour-led government helped make her "public enemy number one", emotionally opening up on the show about the toll it took on her life.

"I got bullets with my name on them. I got endless threats of death.
"I had a button under my desk that I could press, as the receptionist did, who had to press it one day as someone had come to kill me."

Under her leadership, WINZ spent of millions on commercials and rebranding, and $165,000 on a chartered plane for staff, which was slammed as excessive by critics.

Ms Rankin says the rebrand was under budget and the plane was a result of being misled by a junior staff member.
But her decision not to front the media, one she says she now regrets, was the tipping point.

"It was a terrible time and [the police] used to tell me what I had to watch for. I would be taken into the stairwell if they thought someone was coming with their gun, and which did happen once. It was very, very frightening.

Ms Rankin told Duncan Garner she never told anyone about the police protection squad at the time because "more people think about what they're going to do to you".

"It was hell for my family. It went on every day for two years. I led the news day after day after day in the most negative ways.

"Even now the media will put a photo of me in the paper and I'm always scowling. Because they want everyone to believe I'm a b----."

Garner, who worked as a political reporter at the time, stopped her there to apologise for his part in the situation.

"I was one of those journalists that chased you around the building and everything," he said.
"I feel partly responsible in many ways."
But Ms Rankin says Garner was one of the good ones.
"You were never cruel to me. A lot of them were just disgusting. I had effigies of me burned in the streets for goodness sake.

"How many other New Zealanders has that happened to? I think it was a disgraceful time in our history.
"That Labour government were ruthless in what they did to me."

Her police protection squad trained her to look in her rear vision mirror to make sure she wasn't being followed, and open her back car doors to make sure no one was inside.

Later in the show Garner reflected back on her story, calling her "incredibly brave".

"I was reporting some of these issues back in the parliamentary press gallery when she was head of WINZ.
"I was one of the journalists working with TVNZ at the time and we did target her."

Garner says he did an extended interview with Ms Rankin where she made allegations against the Labour government's personal treatment of her.
"And the bosses said to me at the time, no that's not going in the story.
"I fought it for a little bit… didn't get it in the story.
"I wish I'd fought harder for that. It should've been in the story, her allegations about the targeting of her by the government."
Ms Rankin now works as a consultant.

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartandhp

I have grappled with posting this article into this forum ....

NB I also deplore the recent taunting of a member to reveal their real name ...

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

No wonder she was fired.
She disregarded the political will and did her own thing.
She used the organisation managed as a plaything.
She taunted her male colleagues and others. What person in their right mind makes reference to earrings as being the testicles of her conquest's?
But perhaps most of all she failed to recognise that she was doing bad rather than good.and could not possibly survive in her position simply because cause of the power that she wielded.

Given that she was causing so much harm and placing herself in harm's way it was obvious that she should not continue in her job.

She may think that she has some reason for special privilege concerning the threats against her but she did effectively rise up against the people.
While I do not condone anyone making any threats against anyone, especially when I am being the one threatened, in this situation her employer had to repair the problem with the first thing that should have been done a lot earlier which was to remove her from the position.

#3 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 25 January 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

No wonder she was fired.
She disregarded the political will and did her own thing.
She used the organisation managed as a plaything.
She taunted her male colleagues and others. What person in their right mind makes reference to earrings as being the testicles of her conquest's?
But perhaps most of all she failed to recognise that she was doing bad rather than good.and could not possibly survive in her position simply because cause of the power that she wielded.

Given that she was causing so much harm and placing herself in harm's way it was obvious that she should not continue in her job.

She may think that she has some reason for special privilege concerning the threats against her but she did effectively rise up against the people.
While I do not condone anyone making any threats against anyone, especially when I am being the one threatened, in this situation her employer had to repair the problem with the first thing that should have been done a lot earlier which was to remove her from the position.

What an appalling publication by Thomas.
You have condoned such behaviour Thomas proven by your convictions for behaviour as Christine described.
You are not fit to be a member or communicate to others in this or any other site/forum used by vulnerable ones and should not be allowed to write of your leanings /ways of your own activity as to radicalism in a public place such as this.

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostHemi, on 27 January 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

What an appalling publication by Thomas.
You have condoned such behaviour Thomas proven by your convictions for behaviour as Christine described.
You are not fit to be a member or communicate to others in this or any other site/forum used by vulnerable ones and should not be allowed to write of your leanings /ways of your own activity as to radicalism in a public place such as this.

Rational sane people do not reach irrational conclusions.
You have even gone further to add non-existent information.
There is absolutely no basis for your assertion and as such you are engaging in further harassment against me.

What could cause a person such as yourself to Act so inappropriately with so much hatred. What is it that you are trying to achieve? More false allegations manufactured from your imagination? Are you trying to groom the the completely and absolutely stupid individuals amongst us into joining your lynch mob as yet another member of the tagteam?

You need to examine the political criticism against Ms Rankin and her outrageous behaviour along with the disapproval of a significant portion of the New Zealand population. Myself along with the majority of the New Zealand population does not in any way or form indicate that we would condone irrational behaviour such as yours or any individual that might threaten harm.

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

View Postanonymousey, on 25 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

I have grappled with posting this article into this forum ....

NB I also deplore the recent taunting of a member to reveal their real name ...

One can only conclude that Ms Rankin is trying to place the blame of persons mental injuries caused by her policies back on to the Labour goverment at the time.

Her Gaslighting policies did not give cover under the Accident Compensation Corporation Act. she was in a position to know how to cause Gaslighting as it was part of her knowledge in obtaining that position on how staff in power can very easily cause a mental injury to others.

Because there is no physical injury then there is a right to sue. This is in a number of court decisions and as Christine Rankin was giving the orders she was just as responcible as if she was doing the harm.

#6 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 27 January 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Rational sane people do not reach irrational conclusions.
You have even gone further to add non-existent information.
There is absolutely no basis for your assertion and as such you are engaging in further harassment against me.

What could cause a person such as yourself to Act so inappropriately with so much hatred. What is it that you are trying to achieve? More false allegations manufactured from your imagination? Are you trying to groom the the completely and absolutely stupid individuals amongst us into joining your lynch mob as yet another member of the tagteam?

You need to examine the political criticism against Ms Rankin and her outrageous behaviour along with the disapproval of a significant portion of the New Zealand population. Myself along with the majority of the New Zealand population does not in any way or form indicate that we would condone irrational behaviour such as yours or any individual that might threaten harm.

The policital issues were not referred to Thomas.
The comments were in respect to the issues of the lunatic brigade such as you who appear to condone the behaviour Christine was the recipient of.
No matter what the policitcal issue are there is no excuse for you to promote condone such behaviour in a forum like this.
Rational people do not do as you have done.

#7 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostHemi, on 27 January 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

The political issues were not referred to Thomas.
The comments were in respect to the issues of the lunatic brigade such as you who appear to condone the behavior Christine was the recipient of.
No matter what the political issue are there is no excuse for you to promote condone such behavior in a forum like this.
Rational people do not do as you have done.

Don't kid yourself. She was fired because the state servants don't want her sort.
She claimed that it was the Labour party that was behind her fear. I don't even agree with their policies but I hardly thing what she claimed re political based violence is likely to be true. Really??
I don't have an opinion, political or other wise, about what she claimed. Did the police ever investigate anything?

#8 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 27 January 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Don't kid yourself. She was fired because the state servants don't want her sort.
She claimed that it was the Labour party that was behind her fear. I don't even agree with their policies but I hardly thing what she claimed re political based violence is likely to be true. Really??
I don't have an opinion, political or other wise, about what she claimed. Did the police ever investigate anything?

My comments on the issue were directed soley as to the ones such as YOURSELF Thomas who take the law into thier own hands with acticity such as you were convicted of
wordsmith round the issue all you like
dosent hide that fact you ''ARE'' one of similar behaviour as Christine described and as such you should be commented apon, on your '' appalling content/ writings .so you are kept up in the top 10 list on the of those who watch pricks like you

#9 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostHemi, on 29 January 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

My comments on the issue were directed soley as to the ones such as YOURSELF Thomas who take the law into thier own hands with acticity such as you were convicted of
wordsmith round the issue all you like
dosent hide that fact you ''ARE'' one of similar behaviour as Christine described and as such you should be commented apon, on your '' appalling content/ writings .so you are kept up in the top 10 list on the of those who watch pricks like you

I have never once been accused of anything remotely connected to this thread.

You speak of contents/writings. What on earth are you talking about. What content/writings coming from me can you possibly imagine as any connection with Christine Rankin claims of threats against her?

We do of course freely acknowledge that they are members in our community such as Douglas weal, Kenneth Miller and David Butler who cry wolf by all manner of claims that only exist in their minds perhaps based on their own personal feelings of inadequacy and anger against the system. You will see that there is a distinct difference between people like myself and these people who are otherwise known as members of the tagteam in as much as they are angry people while I am a person who is stricken with grief which is that the opposite end of the spectrum.

#10 User is offline   Hemi 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 29 January 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

I have never once been accused of anything remotely connected to this thread.

You speak of contents/writings. What on earth are you talking about. What content/writings coming from me can you possibly imagine as any connection with Christine Rankin claims of threats against her?

We do of course freely acknowledge that they are members in our community such as Douglas weal, Kenneth Miller and David Butler who cry wolf by all manner of claims that only exist in their minds perhaps based on their own personal feelings of inadequacy and anger against the system. You will see that there is a distinct difference between people like myself and these people who are otherwise known as members of the tagteam in as much as they are angry people while I am a person who is stricken with grief which is that the opposite end of the spectrum.

Please yourself.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users