Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IMA ASSESSORS Info plz

#1 User is offline   Kiwichick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hi, could I please have any info or opinions on fair assessors to ask for? These are the assessors they have given me to choose from, for my upcoming WPI assessment for PTSD? Russell Meads, Suzanne Wright, Michelle Todd, Rosy Fenwick, John Collier and Jan Reeves. . I have already read about and discounted most of these, except I can't find anything about Russell Meads. Anyway I have read on here how most of these are 'toadys' or 'hatchet Drs' but what would be really helpful is if anyone can suggest ones I CAN enquire about please? Also ones for physical impairment assessments which are coming up but they haven't yet given me a list for. Thanks

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostKiwichick, on 27 November 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hi, could I please have any info or opinions on fair assessors to ask for? These are the assessors they have given me to choose from, for my upcoming WPI assessment for PTSD? Russell Meads, Suzanne Wright, Michelle Todd, Rosy Fenwick, John Collier and Jan Reeves. . I have already read about and discounted most of these, except I can't find anything about Russell Meads. Anyway I have read on here how most of these are 'toadys' or 'hatchet Drs' but what would be really helpful is if anyone can suggest ones I CAN enquire about please? Also ones for physical impairment assessments which are coming up but they haven't yet given me a list for. Thanks

You can be assured that ACC will only have contracts with assessors that assess in accordance with the same criteria. In other words what I'm saying is that it won't make any difference stop

So how to address the problem?

If you are receiving treatment the treatment provider has reached their conclusions and it would not be out of order to ask them for the exact same reports that the ACC are asking for. So prior to going to the ACC assessor asked the ACC for the questions they have put before their assessor and then ask your treatment provider to answer those questions first and then take the subsequent report to the ACC assessor for their consideration. This forces the ACC assessor to determine whether or not your treatment provider is incompetent because if they say something opposite to your assessor that is what they are doing. From that point on you then have the capacity to argue the merits of the diagnosis of each assessors and that becomes the new competition rather than asking an ACC appointed reviewer to distinguish the difference between your own personal opinion and the ACC assessor. Of course you would not go to a review hearing armed with an inferior diagnosis than what is been given by the ACC assessor so that would necessitate going through a third and no doubt more qualified and therefore more expensive assessor to provide a definitive and authoritative opinion that nobody but nobody can argue with.

I make these suggestions on the basis that the issues are essentially medical and not issues that may be determined by ACC staff or reviewers aand even district court judges who are not medically qualified to have any opinions.

#3 User is offline   INTER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Russell Meads IS FINE for an assessment.

i have been shafted & rolled over by acc for over 30 years, BUT in this Time Russell Meads was 1 of the few assessor's who gave an impartial assessment.

In other words he will only cover your assessment on the GROUNDS OF YOUR COVER :

So make sure you no what cover you have for what is covered and what is not :

Also request all information and BMA etc questions the assessor has been asked by acc.

I have also had a very good assessment done by Michelle Todd .

http://www.dmm.org.n...-Principles.pdf

Read and down load the file of Grant-mac https://accforum.org...ams-v-acc-2017/

#4 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

being rolled over or not , is commion practice for a claimant , especially an aged claim , so as if to give clout to the assessor , request all infos in advance which the corporation is providing , and also , provide as in the meeting all infos , medically , ie x, rays ,cts mris , and also all relevant infos to support your claim , nothing haschanged as in assessors , , as it appears they are on the gravy train , so speak , , all one can do their best and still get shafted , not easy

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Branch Medical Advisers have a habit not to know what injuries are covered especially if your Doctors have listed the read codes with out describing the physical injury.

#6 User is offline   Kiwichick 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

thanks, guys - very helpful.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users