• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Holiday pay while on acc

#1 User is offline   cookie281 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

I just found this online tegarding holiday pay
"The time an employee is on either unpaid sick leave or on ACC counts as continuous service. The employee still becomes entitled to annual leave and sick leave on their respective entitlement dates". My question is am i entitled to holiday pay and sick pay while acc erc which ive been on for just over 4 years.
Cheers

#2 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

cookie281, on 04 November 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

I just found this online tegarding holiday pay
"The time an employee is on either unpaid sick leave or on ACC counts as continuous service. The employee still becomes entitled to annual leave and sick leave on their respective entitlement dates". My question is am i entitled to holiday pay and sick pay while acc erc which ive been on for just over 4 years.
Cheers

Can you tell me where you found this and I may be able to help you out. If you are shy about giving the exact place you found it, you could send it to my private messenger.

Thanks a lot

Mini

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

The amount that you receive as Holiday pay is in the amount that you receive as wages. You have received ACC for the last 4 years. What was your earnings as an employee?

To know the exact amount check out the holidays Act or your employment contract. ACC is paid 52 weeks per year so the holidays Act is not in question except when the the holiday pay does not meet the relative earnings.

Sick pay is for when you get sick in that employment not for when you get sick on ACC. If you get sick on ACC and still have an covered incapacity you do not receive any sick pay. You just keep receiving compensation.

#4 User is offline   cookie281 

• Pip

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:27 AM

Here is the link https://www.google.c...KGvocFA5mbc2MpY

#5 User is offline   cookie281 

• Pip

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Im also under an accredited employer run by wellnz so am technically still employed.

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for that Cookie.

It is an ACC document, so one would think that it is correct in its legal status. Although I have been treated totally opposite the continuous service bit.

I will have to get the correct understanding and if it covers my issue.

Now I will try to get straight what your problem is.

Looks like your Question would be cookie is are you still an employee, ie when you are no longer working ie with the same employer as in that you have never been dismissed or retired or sent a letter as saying as much then from reading this documentation you have here.

If unsure I would write and ask them. Resigning is usually such a formal thing that you would know if they had retired you.

I hope my words help a little

I wonder if the four year you have had on ACC would be looked at as continued 'incapacity if you have tried to go back to work, but it has been unsuccessful?

Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users