Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly comp calculations

#1 User is offline   Kiwichick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

is my winz benefit included in calculating my weekly compensation if i only worked part-time at the date of my injury? nz

#2 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Nope WINZ payments are not included into the calculations.

But what they will do for eg, if you only started working 26 weeks before injury, and you end up on compo for more than a month, they will calculate your ERC by how much you got and then divide it by the number of weeks you worked (26).

Short term compo is calculated on how much you earned in the last 4 weeks then divided by 4 then paid out at at 80%

#3 User is offline   Kiwichick 

• Pip

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

Thank you, I Was working for the full year but only 12-16 hrs each week, so had partial benefit as well each week

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Kiwichick, on 19 July 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Thank you, I Was working for the full year but only 12-16 hrs each week, so had partial benefit as well each week

You will still be entitled to the social welfare benefit and 80% earnings compensation from the ACC. Social welfare will again treat the matter as a top up situation whereby you have a job and your total support reaches a well the same level as you were. Let us hear if social welfare does not top up your income so as you are totally unaffected by your injury.

#5 User is offline   Kiwichick 

• Pip

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

Here's the reply from ACC
"In terms of your Weekly comp amount, yours seems to have been calculated on the fact that at the time you were working around 60 hours in a 4 week period. This puts your Weekly Compensation at a very low amount, under the Weekly Comp threshold as this amount is so low, ACC has topped you up to the minimum."

When my injury happened I was only working 15 hrs a week part-time and getting partial Winz benefit. When I look at my IRD income for that time it has the amount for each, and they have taken 80% of my part time wage only and say they're topping it up to the minimum. After the first surgery I went back to work for 36-40hrs per week for bout 1.5 years before my injury became too bad to work. They didn't take these higher earnings into account and so I've been living on $403 per week since Dec 2015. I read this....
----------------------------------------
How we calculate your payments
In the first four weeks of receiving payments

We calculate how much we'll pay based on your earnings in the four weeks before you were injured.

After the first four weeks of receiving payments

After the first four weeks, we base your payments on your earnings over the past year before you were injured.

For permanent employees: if you weren’t employed for the whole year, we base this on how long you were in permanent employment over that year.
For casual or non-permanent employees: we base our calculation on all PAYE earnings in the last year.
-----------------------

I expected them to pay me 80% of my part-time income + 80% of my winz benefit, as I did pay PAYE tax on both, but have just read the diff between earnings and income on another post, and I guess it's cos no acc levys were paid on the winz income. Just my bad luck I guess, that straight after my op and recovery time I started back full time instead of part time, and got $900 odd per week until I went back on acc again. That sucks! Case manager says there's no potential loss of earnings either

#6 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Kiwichick
By any chance were you under age when injured?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users