ACCforum: crps type 1 and chronic pain syndrome as well as FBBS - ACCforum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

crps type 1 and chronic pain syndrome as well as FBBS crps type 1 and chronic pain syndrome as well as FBBS

#1 User is offline   justin16 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hello i have been told by three different specailists reports that i have crps type 1 and chronic pain syndrome as well as FBSS known as failed back syndrome what i would like to know do they come under the same thing or are they 3 different claims any help would be great thanks

#2 User is offline   He who pays the piper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hi JUSTIN.

I thought someone here would've been able to help you. Obviously not.

From my limited experience dealing with ACC, they [their CASE MANAGERS] will try to slimline your claim and limit the scope of your injury whilst the investigation is ongoing.

If it occurred from the one accident then I'm guessing that you must direct one claim but make sure that the findings of your injury so far are well encompassed.

The mongrels for my ex employers [AEP Case Manager] did exactly that and when it was later found that the injury was much more widespread they then tried to argue that I had no cover even though I visited my employers physio prior to a forced resignation where he concluded [and recorded] widespread damage.

So watch this when you make your claim.

Cheers

PIPER.

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

View Postjustin16, on 16 November 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hello i have been told by three different specailists reports that i have crps type 1 and chronic pain syndrome as well as FBSS known as failed back syndrome what i would like to know do they come under the same thing or are they 3 different claims any help would be great thanks

Sadly any time I get involved with anyone's questions there will end up a barrage of attacks by what we have called the "tagteam" who are in cahoots with several other sites that do with ACC matters who do not get any Internet traffic. It seems they are trying to destroy this site to improve their own circumstances.

In answer to your question:

Obviously if you are suffering from CIPS you will have suffered at least an injury and perhaps multiple injuries.
I have considerable experience with tthe diagnosis of both chronic pain syndromes And long-term acute pain. The issue of pain, is diagnosis and its labels is very complex and very poorly understood not just by the ACC but even the medical profession. ACC will use this confusion to their own advantage and simply acquire reports from those they think will have the most force when it comes to a judicial battle with the focus being on clearing their caseload rather than promoting rehabilitation when it is apparent that the claimant is going to be long term, which by definition CIPS your cases in the secondary and risk category.

For ACC legislation purposes when you are making reference to injury claims the answer is extremely simple. Each accident event is required to have its own unique accident claim submitted in order to acquire separate claim numbers. This is the case even though each accident event may be to the same part of the body thus having overlaying injuries. this of course confuse the hell out of the ACC but none-the-less legislation is the legislation.

In the event that you are referring to numerous diagnoses ffor the same singular accident event which has simply got worse or changed over the years and/or hhas numerous different medical reports then of course you only need one case number. Given that injury such as yours are going to vary from time to time it is important that you ensure anyone who produces a report reflects in their report the nature of these changes as the ACC will simply select a report where you are at your best and disregard all of the others.. For accident claim criteria the ACC are required to have proper account for all of the reports and have proper perspective in regards to those reports. This means for purposes of employment the worst case scenario must be ttaken into account and particularly to the employer if that is the case. Your ability to be employed and to have a capacity to earn (it is the capacity to earn it is insured) in the minds eye of the employer is the worst case scenario. While you are employed they are not your doctor and cannot be expected to have any form of medical supervision overview in order to maintain your and other people's safety on site and as such they can only make a decision based on the worst-case scenario. Any withholding information of the sort from an employer or even the ACC occupational assessor, would be considered an act of fraud and if it is commonplace and potentially expected to end up in a judicial hearing the moment any false information is processed there would also be perjury even though there is no active court case at that particular moment.

If I have got off point please let me know. If you need any more detailed information or see further clarity please ask as numerous members on the site are very willing to provide the unqualified yet best assistance with their limited capacity.

#4 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

Mr Thomas ; if you wish for your medical/legal knowledge to be
taken creditably , please use correct "CRPS" .

What causes CRPS?
Doctors aren’t sure what causes some individuals to develop CRPS while others with similar trauma do not. In more than 90 percent of cases, the condition is triggered by a clear history of trauma or injury. The most common triggers are fractures, sprains/strains, soft tissue injury (such as burns, cuts, or bruises), limb immobilization (such as being in a cast), or surgical or medical procedures (such as needlestick). CRPS represents an abnormal response that magnifies the effects of the injury. In this respect it is like an allergy. Some people respond excessively to a trigger that causes no problem for other people.

Peripheral nerve abnormalities found in individuals with CRPS usually involve the small unmyelinated and thinly myelinated nerve fibers (axons) that carry pain messages and signals to blood vessels. (Myelin is a mixture of proteins and fat-like substances that surround and insulate some nerve fibers.) Because small fibers in the nerves communicate with blood vessels, small nerve fiber injuries may trigger the many different symptoms of CRPS. Molecules secreted from the ends of hyperactive injured small nerve fibers are thought to contribute to inflammation and blood vessel abnormalities. These peripheral nerve abnormalities in turn trigger abnormal neurological function in the spinal cord and brain, leading in some cases to complex disorders of higher cortical function.
http://www.ninds.nih...c_dystrophy.htm

#5 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

View Postjustin16, on 16 November 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Failed back Surgery Syndrome ; Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (or FBSS) refers to patients with persistent or
new pain after spinal surgery for back or leg pain. The spine surgery may have
involved removing bone (laminectomy or foraminotomy) or disc material
(discectomy) or a fusion of the spinal segment or segments (instrumented or
bony fusion, sometimes referred to as a PLIF or posterior lumbar interbody
fusion or as an ALIF or anterior lumbar interbody fusion).
The pain condition does not have to be worse after surgery to attract the term
FBSS, it can be reduced but still present and qualify for this term. The term
does not imply that something has gone wrong with surgery or that it is
somehow the surgeon’s fault that pain has not completely gone or that pain
gets worse over time. It merely refers to a subset of patients (as some do very
well indeed with surgery) who have persistent pain symptoms after spine
surgery.
http://www.neuromodu..._sheet_fbss.pdf

Who wrote the FBSS report ?. eg [Surgeon. MD. ACC. branch medical.etc.]

#6 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

your last paragraph allan as in posting 4 would in my opinion , would be an important paragraph , as in seeking advice

#7 User is offline   He who pays the piper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:55 PM

As long as the advice comes from a credible source TOMMY.

I've had bad advice from LAWYERs, Government officials and all sorts of people who should've known better.

In the same way that JUSTIN would need to consider an "above board" ACC ADVOCATE rather than be drawn in by someone who does it mainly to line their pockets or has some oddball fetish.

The best part of ALAN's advice [as I see it] is to ensure that the likelihood of a changing condition [often resulting from trauma] is covered in the initial recordings of the claim.

Don't let them narrow it down too much because that is what they will try to do.

For example, after I had my most urgent surgery [under PUBLIC HEALTH while I was fighting my mongrel ex employers] it then gave way to recognising the full extent of the bone & nerve injuries elsewhere in the arm & shoulder.

In other words, severe pain in one body area will disguise pain [body damage] in another.

#8 User is offline   He who pays the piper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:12 PM

In particular, avoid these dodgy backyard outfits like CASSANDRA COMPLEX.

You'll end up with more than you bargained for.

#9 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

butt out piper.....

your pathetic insane jealousy and unreasonable behaviour is NOT helping anyone

it just shows how much of an abusive bastid you actually are...

AND YOUR TYPE IS WHY THE FORUM IS MUNTED.....

#10 User is offline   He who pays the piper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

Your stated intent to close this FORUM down with the help of your fruitcake mates has been an utter failure.

Speaking of butting out, if you don't like the contributions from our sane community why don't you pick up your toys and go to somewhere that is more tolerant towards nutters.

Where you will have more in common.

#11 User is offline   He who pays the piper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:42 PM

Do you live on fruit & nuts BRUCEY?

If so, that might explain the repetitive nature of your simpleton postings.

#12 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostHe who pays the piper, on 17 November 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

As long as the advice comes from a credible source TOMMY.

I've had bad advice from LAWYERs, Government officials and all sorts of people who should've known better.

In the same way that JUSTIN would need to consider an "above board" ACC ADVOCATE rather than be drawn in by someone who does it mainly to line their pockets or has some oddball fetish.

The best part of ALAN's advice [as I see it] is to ensure that the likelihood of a changing condition [often resulting from trauma] is covered in the initial recordings of the claim.

Don't let them narrow it down too much because that is what they will try to do.

For example, after I had my most urgent surgery [under PUBLIC HEALTH while I was fighting my mongrel ex employers] it then gave way to recognising the full extent of the bone & nerve injuries elsewhere in the arm & shoulder.

In other words, severe pain in one body area will disguise pain [body damage] in another.

Please explain how can any advice from a poster who does not even name the injury type correctly
have any credibility.
This includes you as you agree with Mr Thomas. "Obviously if you are suffering from CIPS"

#13 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

OMG

seriously cracking up

Thomas is BANNED BY ANY JUDGE FROM GIVING A SLEWED ACCOUNT OF THE WORLD

AND NOW PIPER THINKS PAIN CAN BE DISGUISED.....!!!

NO WONDER THESE 2 CANT GET ANY OF THEIR SCHEMING PAST ACC....

BOTH NEED PSYCH EVALUATION.....AND PERMANENT DETENTION BEFORE ANY MORE FANTASY PLANS ARE HATCHED....

AND THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF EXACTLY WHY THE FORUM IS MUNTED.....

#14 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

View Postgreg, on 17 November 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Mr Thomas ; if you wish for your medical/legal knowledge to be
taken creditably , please use correct "CRPS" .

What causes CRPS?
Doctors aren’t sure what causes some individuals to develop CRPS while others with similar trauma do not. In more than 90 percent of cases, the condition is triggered by a clear history of trauma or injury. The most common triggers are fractures, sprains/strains, soft tissue injury (such as burns, cuts, or bruises), limb immobilization (such as being in a cast), or surgical or medical procedures (such as needlestick). CRPS represents an abnormal response that magnifies the effects of the injury. In this respect it is like an allergy. Some people respond excessively to a trigger that causes no problem for other people.

Peripheral nerve abnormalities found in individuals with CRPS usually involve the small unmyelinated and thinly myelinated nerve fibers (axons) that carry pain messages and signals to blood vessels. (Myelin is a mixture of proteins and fat-like substances that surround and insulate some nerve fibers.) Because small fibers in the nerves communicate with blood vessels, small nerve fiber injuries may trigger the many different symptoms of CRPS. Molecules secreted from the ends of hyperactive injured small nerve fibers are thought to contribute to inflammation and blood vessel abnormalities. These peripheral nerve abnormalities in turn trigger abnormal neurological function in the spinal cord and brain, leading in some cases to complex disorders of higher cortical function.
http://www.ninds.nih...c_dystrophy.htm

I agree with your rudimentary description of the nature of pain in is normal state of the able-bodied person even though they may be injured. The natural functioning of the nerves have you have described is perfectly adequate for this discussion.However the nature of what has previously been perceived as some form of hyperactivity has not really been quite accurate as of thinking has been driven largely by psychologists rather than the scientists.. Now that a significant number of those with a relevant science background have examined the nature of the problem with the assistance of extremely high resolution scanning equipment they are able to actually see what is going on. These developments are relatively new and the type of thing you will probably be able to see the relevant experts talking about on TED talks. While what you have described is perfectly accurate there is now significant inroads that has provided even greater understanding at the biological level whereby physical measurements can be taken leaving likes of ACC in absolutely no doubt as to the reality of the situation at an objective fact level rather than the psychologists subjective assumptions. This is where ACC claim is need to be very careful of having their pain determined by way of psychology rather than neurology.

The nature/cause of the development of CRPS and related ailments now appears to be adequately understood by the world leading experts in this field. Like all bodily functions such as muscles the repeated use creates more efficient structures.. The nerve pathways and even the software of the brain therefore becomes far more active and sensitive to the extent that it is not just seen as a perception of pain now but that the level of pain is very real and even increasing in intensity despite there being little or no damage structures that deliver the original pain signals. in general these disorders do not occur when people receive adequate and above adequate pain treatment of the very beginning. in the event that someone is left untreated for a length of time we see these pain pathways strengthen and therefore become more intense as time goes by making it very difficult to treat which in effect necessitates these additional growths of the nerve pathways and the like to atrophy.. Imagine if you will your arm muscles becoming far too big and bulky and strong to the extent that you can no longer play the violin.. The analogy to muscles is much the same as the nerves.. The nerve need to grow back to the way they were so that they deliver the appropriate level of signal and that the signal is appropriately adjusted which is a mechanism that works much the same way as an amplifier for your stereo whereby the little signals received from the microphone can be amplified to any level you want so long as you have sufficient electricity. The brain uses a significant amount of electricity. Of course there is also the leakage from nerve sheathes that have notproperly repaired and are leaking electricity thus providing a whole different set of signals creating quite irrelevant pain signals I forget the exact amount but let's say it is in your case 40 Watts but if you are in a lot of pain your brain would be producing more electricity because of the pain pathways and suchlike dictating such. This of course consumes more energy and therefore causes exhaustion.

Just a comment on the attachment that you have made concerning failed back surgery this is frequently attributable to the failure to have a ccompetent neurological surgeon working in conjunction with the orthopaedic surgeon during back surgery for the purposes of cutting costs. Adequate back surgery is very complex and requires multiple expertise of which the ACC appear to be am willing to pay for resulting in surgeons working in areas well beyond their expertise. While we can feel sorry for the injured person we must spare a thought for the despair that the surgeons must experience when surgery fails due to the failure to receive proper funding to have the appropriate experts do their particular part during the course of that surgery.

#15 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

View Postgreg, on 17 November 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

Failed back Surgery Syndrome ; Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (or FBSS) refers to patients with persistent or
new pain after spinal surgery for back or leg pain. The spine surgery may have
involved removing bone (laminectomy or foraminotomy) or disc material
(discectomy) or a fusion of the spinal segment or segments (instrumented or
bony fusion, sometimes referred to as a PLIF or posterior lumbar interbody
fusion or as an ALIF or anterior lumbar interbody fusion).
The pain condition does not have to be worse after surgery to attract the term
FBSS, it can be reduced but still present and qualify for this term. The term
does not imply that something has gone wrong with surgery or that it is
somehow the surgeon’s fault that pain has not completely gone or that pain
gets worse over time. It merely refers to a subset of patients (as some do very
well indeed with surgery) who have persistent pain symptoms after spine
surgery.
http://www.neuromodu..._sheet_fbss.pdf

Who wrote the FBSS report ?. eg [Surgeon. MD. ACC. branch medical.etc.]

Obviously after remedial surgery to a situation where there is a chronic pain situation it is absolutely essential that the treatment is in conjunction with both a neurologist and a pain specialist so as to reduce the physical size of the neurological structures involved thus reducing the power and amplitude Of the signal and perception of pain being delivered As if this is not done there is no possibility that back surgery is going to fix the nerve problem despite the mechanical elements of the back defects being repaired. This problem is well-known and very basic yet we seem to be up against a bureaucratic obstacle in obtaining successful treatment for people in this predicament.

As to my pain situation I had been one of the lucky ones going from an extraordinary painful situation for several decades now to very little pain after surgery.. Obviously during that time I have become very familiar With the neurological sciences.

#16 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostHe who pays the piper, on 17 November 2016 - 05:55 PM, said:

Indeed.
In fact if you have a severe back pain situation and put an uncomfortably hot penny On another part of your body you will notice that your attention has shifted away from the back pain. What happens at a software level is that the mind well attend to what are perceived to be the most important issue. A new discomfort will take precedence.

Actually distraction is the most effective form of pain treatment that does not necessarily have to be plain. companionship/fellowship is a very important component of coping with pain which is one of the reasons why this site has been set up..

Sadly some of the members take it upon themselves to inflict pain in order to cope with their own pain. This is because injury and pain does cause people to become antisocial which is the reason why I am so tolerant of some of the idiots we see on the site. I think it is quite important that we give some thought to how we may assist some of those amongst us who attack others when they are in pain as this is a complex problem that will need a complex solution. So when these idiots punch us in the face and not rush to the ground for doing good we should still get up and keep on doing good.

#17 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostHe who pays the piper, on 17 November 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

In particular, avoid these dodgy backyard outfits like CASSANDRA COMPLEX.

You'll end up with more than you bargained for.

Yes we must never forget that psychology is not a science.

In general we experience pain because there is something broken and in need of repair and as such we must probably recognise that pain is a mechanism to draw that fact to our attention.

My receipt of treatment for chronic pain syndrome has done more harm than good. In actual fact the correct diagnosis was long-term acute pain similar because I had a broken hand/wrist /arm That had been abandoned by society without a repair causing excruciating pain which means it was acute on the basis that nothing has settled taking away any notion that it had become chronic. This is a very important distinction to make of which the majority of those involved with the medical industry fail to realise as a result of the psychological propaganda that is put out for the purposes of generating business rather than treatment.

#18 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 17 November 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

butt out piper.....

your pathetic insane jealousy and unreasonable behaviour is NOT helping anyone

it just shows how much of an abusive bastid you actually are...

AND YOUR TYPE IS WHY THE FORUM IS MUNTED.....

Actually apart from the tagteam Brigade this discussion is going very well providing much useful information for the injured person seeking it.

#19 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

View Postgreg, on 17 November 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Please explain how can any advice from a poster who does not even name the injury type correctly
have any credibility.
This includes you as you agree with Mr Thomas. "Obviously if you are suffering from CIPS"

Greg No one on the site was themselves forward as an expert. That would be preposterous as this site is not a replacement for proper medical diagnosis and treatment. However when well-meaning people, such as yourself, make their contributions the collective information made available to those seeking that will be of benefit even all the information is wrong to some degree as it forms the basis for further enquiry from those who are expert such as the treatment providers..

What I think we must do is put aside all thoughts of animosity and simply do the best with the now abilities,, limited as they are without ego as providing help is not a competition ..

#20 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:30 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 17 November 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

OMG

seriously cracking up

Thomas is BANNED BY ANY JUDGE FROM GIVING A SLEWED ACCOUNT OF THE WORLD

AND NOW PIPER THINKS PAIN CAN BE DISGUISED.....!!!

NO WONDER THESE 2 CANT GET ANY OF THEIR SCHEMING PAST ACC....

BOTH NEED PSYCH EVALUATION.....AND PERMANENT DETENTION BEFORE ANY MORE FANTASY PLANS ARE HATCHED....

AND THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF EXACTLY WHY THE FORUM IS MUNTED.....

If you don't have any thing technically appropriate to the pain situation expressed by Justin breaks at least you could provide him with a claim be warm family like environment devoid of your hostility, notwithstanding your hostility is absolutely connected to your painful injuries to the extent that it is obviously you suffer a great deal of despair when lashing out against others.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users