ACCforum: Slater's 'journalist' protection fails - ACCforum

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slater's 'journalist' protection fails That man nottingham he's in everthing.

#1 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

http://www.nzherald....jectid=11548070

Slater's 'journalist' protection fails

5:09 PM Thursday Nov 19, 2015

An attempt by the blogger Cameron Slater to use a journalist's legal protection for sources has failed.

The case came after the High Court told the Whaleoil blogger he qualified as a "journalist" but couldn't hide sources for a series of blog posts about a businessman using a journalist's legal protection because of the nature of the posts.

The case involves defamation proceedings taken by business Matthew Blomfield over blog posts made by Slater in 2012. High Court Justice Raynor Asher had ruled there was a "public interest" in the sources being identified as there was no public interest in coverage of Blomfield's affairs and because of the "extreme and vindictive" nature of the disclosures. He also found the claim for journalistic source protection weakened because "the documents disclosed by the sources appeared to have been obtained illegitimately".

The Court of Appeal has now rejected arguments by Slater that new evidence should overturn Justice Asher's ruling and allow him to engage source protection rules for journalists in the Evidence Act.

Slater argued he had new evidence showing his informants were at risk from Blomfield, also arguing the hard drive from which he had drawn source material was not gained illegally.

While some of Slater's new evidence was ruled out as hearsay, the judges heard other evidence including that of a phone call made to Blomfield by a former business association who was now known to Slater.

A transcript of the phonecall had been produced by Slater, saying it showed "veiled threats" from Blomfield. When the appeal judges asked for examples, Slater selected a sample including one comment in which Blomfield was quoted saying: "All I wanted to do was make it clear to you that I am not going to do anything mean to you." The Court of Appeal judges said they did not believe the comments were threatening.

The judgment revealed the phone conversation had been made by Blomfield's former business colleague to Blomfield, and recorded without his knowledge by self-styled justice campaigner Dermot Nottingham, an "associate" of Slater.

The judges also dismissed Slater's claim Blomfield had acted in an intimidating way against one of those believed to have supplied information for the blog posts. The judgment said Blomfield had successfully sought the restraining order against businessman Marc Spring over a series of "aggressive and abusive" text messages he had been sent.

Slater said Blomfield seeking a restraining order on text messages which pre-dated Justice Asher's decision was contrary to an assurance Blomfield had given saying "no witness was at risk". The appeal judges dismissed the claim as unconvincing.

On the issue of the hard drive, Slater had attempted to put into evidence a letter from the Independent Police Conduct Authority which stated the hard drive had been found "to have never been stolen" The judges ruled it as inadmissible hearsay.

Slater was ordered to pay Blomfield costs.

#2 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:36 AM

Thanks for posting that Angryman.

#3 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

http://yournz.org/20...osite/#comments

#4 User is offline   Kewl 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

View Postgreg, on 20 November 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Greg,
many years when i met you and your wife in person i was left with a good energetic impression andknowlede i do currently share with the next generations.

one is turn off the news.

two, what makes you feel good. tune into that

cheers

#5 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

http://yournz.org/

Lauda Finem and associates

Lauda Finem have targeted many people, including myself. I think it’s fair and reasonable for peoeple to know who is behind and associated with Lauda Finem. Some details cannot be published for legal reasons, but what is known, verifiable and reasonably deduced can and should be known.

Lauda Finem and associates have been active for years. Some of what they have done may be seen as laudable, but much of what they have done has been malicious, despicable and has often been illegal.

They have attacked, defamed, harrassed, threatened, lied about and intimidated many people. The victims of their attention probably number in the hundreds.

They claim they have impunity because they have structured themselves offshore and deny anyone from ‘Team LF’ are from New Zealand, but facts say otherwise.

I can name the following people as being associated with Lauda Finem, each other, and related activities.
◾Antony Nottingham
◾Marc Spring
◾Cameron Slater
◾Dermot Nottingham
◾Stephen Cook
◾Earle McKinney
◾Phillip Nottingham

Lauda Finem’s online presence:
◾Website: laudafinem.com (first post 4 July 2010)
◾Twitter: @Laudafinem (joined October 2012)
◾Facebook: Lauda Finem

Where does the name Lauda Finem come from? Latin lovers may explain what it might mean, but one of the few online references shows that it is the school motto of Nottingham High School in the UK, ‘Praise to the end’ – one of many ironies in the LF story.

Lauda Finem make confused, conflicting and false claims about their whereabouts.

Twitter says thay are based in Australia and are “Australian anti-corruption and injustice watch-dogs”.

Facebook says “Lives in Amsterdam, Netherlands”.

Antony Nottingham lived in Australia but may have moved to Amsterdam. Data that suggests this may be correct – for example this morning this site has had significantly more hits from the Netherlands than from any other country beyond New Zealand, including from the usual leaders, Australia and the US.

It can be assumed that a return to New Zealand could be legally problematic for this Mr Nottingham, and it has been suggested (unverified) that the same could apply to Australia.

The Lauda Finem website home page has no obvious identification of location or who is involved but they have made claims in posts, like this in August 2015:

We will say it once more, for the last time! Lauda Finem is a foreign based blog, it is not and never has been based in New Zealand or any of it’s territories.

That is technically correct. Your NZ is also a foreign hosted blog, it is not and never has been hosted in New Zealand or any of it’s territories. Your NZ is hosted by WordPress in the US. Lauda Finem was hosted by WordPress in the US until August 2015, and then they moved to Go Daddy in Singapore.

The reason is again simple, being foreign media neither of us are subject to New Zealand law.

Everything LF publishes we do so quite legally, no different to any other foreign news source. Moreover LF is NOT a party to any legal proceeding in New Zealand whatsoever, nor is any member of team LF, again all members live outside New Zealand, always have, always will. Nor will we be the subject of defamation proceedings in the future as absolutely everything published on LF is the TRUTH, as distasteful as that may be to those who have featured on LF

I guess it could depend on how one might define “LF” and “member of team LF” but this is blatantly misleading, if not outright lies.

Despite Lauda Finem’s Australian and Netherlands claims their posts are overwhelmingly New Zealand orientated, particularly targeted at Auckland business, legal and online interests.

By coincidence Dermot Nottingham has been involved in ACC issues for many years.

Apart from Antony from Amsterdam there are proven and circumstantial links that suggest “Team LF” is largely a New Zealand focussed and based gang of goons.

Marc Spring

Marc Spring (@MarcSpring) openly associates with @Laudafinem on Twitter. They have done tag team attacks against me, and Spring often ‘likes’ @Laudafinem tweets, doing little else on twitter beyond LF.

Spring is the registrant for the inactive laudafinem.co.nz (see WhoIs).

A number of posts on Lauda Finem have attacked Matthew Blomfield, an ex business associate of Spring who he has been feuding with for years. Spring has attacked Blomfield via a variety of means. This Court of Appeal judgment (November 2015) shows that Blomfield has a restraining order against Spring, but Lauda Finem posts have continued to attack Blomfield.

On his facebook profile Spring describes himself as a “Justice Campaigner”.

Cameron Slater

The above Court of Appeal judgment is in a defamation action that Blomfield has taken against Cameron Slater. Court documents (see also this one and this one) show that Spring is closely associated with Slater. Blomfield claims that Slater defamed him in a series of posts on the Whale Oil blog.

The Whale Oil and Lauda Finem blogs have posted on a number of common topics for which the sources appear to be the same or similar.

In a recent post at Public Address Keith Ng states:

I now have definitive proof of how those photos got into the hands of that blog.

The upshot is that the photos which appeared on that blog are photos of Slater’s Blackphone, showing the conversation where Ben sent those photos to Slater

This refers to photos of a journalist that were posted on Lauda Finem earlier this year and Ng claims his evidence shows these were given to ‘Lauda Finem’ by Slater.

Dermot Nottingham

This Nottingham appears to have a close association with Spring. There is evidence that they work together on ‘investigations’ and legal matters.

There is also a legal relationshiop between Dermot Nottingham and Slater. The above court document states:

Instead, he telephoned Mr Slater to seek his advice. Mr Slater was unavailable, but an associate, Mr Nottingham, advised him to take the next call from Mr Blomfield and to record it. It was then arranged that instead Mr Mattu would telephone Mr Blomfield while Mr Nottingham remained on the line and both would record what was said. That then ensued, the discussion lasting for some 26 minutes. A little over an hour later, Mr Mattu again telephoned Mr Blomfield while Mr Nottingham was on the line.

In the phone call Blomfield claims:

I’ve matched it up with the previous stuff that [Mr Slater] and [Mr Nottingham] have written. Those guys wrote this affidavit for you…

Both Spring and Nottingham have accompanied Slater to court appearances.

Nottingham D is often presented as a ‘justice campaigner’ as this shows back in 2007:NottinghamDJusticeCampaigner

Nottingham has often been referred to as a “justice campaigner” and “justice crusader” on the Lauda Finem website.

Stephen Cook

Cook is a journalist who has authored material and has posted at Whale Oil at least as far back as the Len Brown story two years ago. He self describes as “a multi award winning journalist and former news editor and assistant editor of the Herald on Sunday” but that is dated, he lost his job at the Herald in 2009 due to drug issues (and he appeared in court again recently on drug charges).

There has been material in common in Cook’s Whale Oil posts and Lauda Finem posts.

A recent Cook post targeting a businessman was allegedly (unverified) on behalf of Dermot Nottingham to pressure a resolution. The post was removed from Whale Oil later on the same day it was posted.

There are unverified reports that Spring and Cook, and also Slater, spend quite a bit of time at Dermot Nottingham’s residence in Auckland. It has also been claimed Spring and Cook may be virtually living there.

Earle McKinney

McKinney is the director of a company called Advantage Advocacy Limited. Information is dated and no one is named on the company website but the company was still in operation at least until recently.

McKinney is known to work with Dermot Nottingham on legal matters. Nottingham has been named as an employee of McKinney’s.

The registered office address and service address for the company appears to be Nottingham’s residence in Auckland.

Phillip Nottingham

The third Nottingham brother seems on the surface at least to have a less direct association but Phillip has accompanied Dermot to court and has been seen taking photos of people outside court.

The Lauda Finem website is a prolific user of photos in court related matters but there is no evidence available that links Phillip to direcdt supply of material.

Dermot and his brother Phillip have worked together on legal matters in an ongoing case. See Businessman tries to involve MPs in High Court case.

A real estate company owner in a dispute with an agent over use of a brand name has tried to have two Members of Parliament give evidence in the case.

The dispute arose after Mr Nottingham’s company Property Bank Realtor Limited bought a Remax franchise in 2009 previously operated by Mr Honey.

Mr Nottingham claimed that Mr Honey continued to operate a website with Remax branding after the sale.

After he made complaint to the authority, Mr Honey made his own complaint about Mr Nottingham’s conduct.

That prompted a complaint from Mr Nottingham, his brother Phillip Nottingham, and Property Bank Realtor director Robert McKinney, that Mr Honey’s complaint was false and dishonest.

Posts on this case have appeared a number of times at both Whale Oil and Lauda Finem. They are highly critical of Mr Honey. The latest post on this at Lauda Finem shows how interwined things appear to be:

Earlier today Kiwi blog Whale Oil ran a new story on New Zealand’s Real Estate Agents Authority. In essence the story is a continuation on a theme, a theme started by team LF back in 201o when we were first handed evidence of serious criminal fraud that had been committed over a sustained period by one of New Zealand’s Ray White franchisee’s Martin Honey and his partner Rohan Thompson, aka Pure Reality Limited, aka Martin Honey Ray White and Ray White Kelston.

LF have reported extensively on these clowns and there often criminal antics, we’ve also provided our readers with extensive evidence of this mobs offending and the role played by the New Zealand authority responsible for policing the behaviour of agents in attempting to cover-up that criminal offending in the past.

This mornings article by Whale Oil investigative journo Stephen Cook expose…

This gives an overview of Lauda Finem and those who seem to be most clsely associated with their activities.It shows a number of people in common and actions in common and targets in common.

I have good reasons to believe I became a target because of a grudge held against me by Slater, and because @Laudafinem took exception to me challenging factless claims on Twitter.

What has happened since has been totally over the top, unwarranted and at times despicable. That’s normal for ‘Team LF’.

This only scratches the surface of a longstanding festering sore. They have tried to discredit, defame and harm many people and businesses, and police officers and court officials and judges, and Members of Parliament. And obscure bloggers who decided not to roll over and give in to their attacks and intimidation and threats.

Most of the information included here is backed by evidence. Some is as told by others, Some is honest opinion.

If anyone has any corrections or additions please contact me.

A right of reply is available (as long as it is in a reasonable manner) to any of those named.

If anyone believes they are being harrassed and attacked in any way by any of this group and want information or support feel free to contact me.

They accuse others of harrassing them and they often threaten legal action. I know this from personal and public experience.

They often complain of conspiracies acting against them. There are no conspiracies, just a lot of people with a common complaint – their inappropriate behaviour and actions.

There is a growing network of people who are determined to stand up to these bullies and thugs (they even comment under names like TYRANT). We are determined to expose what has been happening and is still happening and is likely to happen in response to this post.

Some of us have nothing much to lose by doing this under our own identities because there’s not much more they could try to do against us. Once you have received dozens of threats another few is immaterial.

Some wish to remain anonymous to avoid atttracting further unwelcome attention from them. Given the damage they have caused and tried to cause this is understandable.

They try to appear as if they are large in number by using many online identities and sometimes flooding froums with comments under different names. It is usually only one or two at a time.

There is a small number of them. There are many of us.

Peter George
027 327 3468
[email protected]

#6 User is offline   Je suis 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationReefton - New Zealand

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

http://www.kiwiblog....ce-v-Slater.pdf

#7 User is offline   RedFox 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNorth of Christchurch

Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

http://yournz.org/20...and-associates/

#8 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

http://yournz.org/20...pliance-notice/

Tonight I was served with a court order notice instructing me to “take down or disable material from the blog Your NZ that mentions or identified [person’s name] or [company name], or any of it’s associated companies directly or indirectly” and “introduce a full time moderator systems so that no comment that is harmful to said person is placed on the blog “Your NZ”.

This should send a chill up the New Zealand blogosphere.

I need a bit of time to work out how to comply with this and how to deal with the ongoing running of this site.

Obviously I am seeking legal advice.

In the meantime as a precaution I have disabled automatic commenting for anyone who is not registered and logged in. If you comment and it doesn’t appear immediately please be patient while i check it and release it.

I think this is a serious assault on online speech that will be legally rectified but that may take a bit of time.

I suspect those involved in taking this action will think they are very clever but I believe this has the potential to spectacularly backfire once the full story comes out.

Cheers

Pete George

The person taking this action has posted a press release here http://yournz.org/20.../#comment-66054 so I presume it’s ok to leave it up with identifying name removed.

#9 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

I have reported the above post as it has nothing whatsoever to do with this site.

#10 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

On the Harmful Digital Communications Act.

http://yournz.org/20...unications-act/

http://yournz.org/20...-press-release/

http://yournz.org/20...e-by-the-court/

http://yournz.org/20...pliance-notice/

#11 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

[quote name='Alan Thomas' timestamp='1449286275' post='208804']
I have reported the above post as it has nothing whatsoever to do with this site.
[/quote

It has everything to do with this site fraudster.

#12 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

the bigger picture

who is connected to who

whom is conning who

and who uses who to instigate criminal harassment

its got EVERYTHING to do with those who were criminally harassed because alan thomas wanted his ird fraud, and bomb plot convictions overturned!

#13 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 05 December 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Brucey's back!

So what is the real reason you don't want this post up fraudster?

why don't you just say, I want this post down, cause it's all getting a bit close to home.

I have to protect my mates at LF.

#14 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

This entire thread, your comments and behaviour has no place on this entire site which is the reason why I have complained.

I have no idea who you are talking about and they certainly don't have anything to do with ACC

#15 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 05 December 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

This entire thread, your comments and behaviour has no place on this entire site which is the reason why I have complained.

Really, so what happened to freedom of speech? if this thread is removed then we all know who is running this show, fraudster.

#16 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

We are talking about the Harmful Digital Communications act which of course has every thing to do with all of us.
what we are talking about is your connection to LF.
What we are talking about is how you got LF to slander certain members of ACC Forum because you are a total broken arse, and delusional bastard.

#17 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

I know you are watching Fraudster, so why are you taking so long to answer????

You jumped on my first post like a frog at a fly eating contest, we are waitning!

#18 User is offline   Brucey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostBrucey, on 05 December 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

I know you are watching Fraudster, so why are you taking so long to answer????

You jumped on my first post like a frog at a fly eating contest, we are waitning!

Still waiting fraudster.

#19 User is offline   Je suis 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationReefton - New Zealand

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 05 December 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

I have no idea who you are talking about and they certainly don't have anything to do with ACC

So why did you allow them to abuse, harass, stalk, defame, and slander various members of this forum that you allege are part of a conspiracy against you?

Its only free speech when Thomas writes it but when others write the truth Thomas wants their posts/threads removed!

You're the admin Thomas so why keep on making out you're not?

You, with the help of David Butler and netcoachnz and LF have destroyed this forum hence the reason accfocus.org and accforum.nz are thriving

#20 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostJe suis, on 06 December 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

So why did you allow them to abuse, harass, stalk, defame, and slander various members of this forum that you allege are part of a conspiracy against you?

Its only free speech when Thomas writes it but when others write the truth Thomas wants their posts/threads removed!

You're the admin Thomas so why keep on making out you're not?

You, with the help of David Butler and netcoachnz and LF have destroyed this forum hence the reason accfocus.org and accforum.nz are thriving

What do you think I could do about all the bad behaviour on this site?
What truth has ever been posted about me?
I certainly have no control over the site!
The actions of Kenneth Miller certainly closed down or control anyone ever had on this site by any site member when the intrusion orchestrated by him caused the lockout.
I have no admin controls whatsoever so why do you keep on claiming I do? What is the evidence that you rely upon to even make that suggestion?

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users