ACCforum: Book 'Coping with Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Book 'Coping with Concussion and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury

#1 User is offline   Chasann 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

It's taking awhile for me to read but this book by Diane Roberts Stoler and Barbara Alders Hill is brilliant. Each chapter stands on its own so you can dip and dive according to your impairments. Knowing what and why and how makes it easier. Even better it covers so many of the impairments we live with on a daily basis and have stopped discussing with folk because we are not believed - that bug that crawls under the skin or that is how it feels - pretty normal for some people with concussion/mild TBI - conventional and alternative treatments discussed for most impairments.
Book well worth a read if you've not done so. It should be essential reading for all ACC case managers dealing with mild TBI.
I particularly like this sentence . . . Brain rehabilitation aims to restore the person with a concussion/mtbi to his or her former levels of functioning . . . ACC refusing a similar sentence for my rehab plan goal.

#2 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

http://www.nzherald....jectid=11490267

#3 User is offline   David Butler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

Chasann.

Thanks for the the book information on TBI .
Taken me a while as well to get thru it, and as you say it is essential reading for those with or involved with those ones with TBI and tbi related issues.

I obtained a few extra copies to pass on to others who were new to the issues of tbi and was of much help there to gain an insight /more understanding in the early stages of tbi rehab , especially the family friends close to the injured so thanks again..

David

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users