• Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:59 PM

#2 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

They're discriminating against disabled by demanding attendance at the WINZ office, well aware the beneficiary has no wheelchair transport and no way to get to the office.

View Postanonymousey, on 12 July 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Very frightening to see a report suggesting that over 20,000 single parents and their children had their benefits sanctioned or stopped during the 14 months noted by the CCSS

I am inclined to think too that if there were official records kept by WINZ or other government agencies these figures concerning sanctions and income uncertainty would be much much higher sadly......

For example, I am aware that various pressures exist concerning the drive to push single parents into the workforce. Once the magic number of 20 hours per week is reached then tax credits appear for these families on minimum wages etc Unfortunately what is sometimes not seen in the small print when parents sign up to IRD processes is that distant decisions can be made to modify the tax credits to reduce the possibility of end of year tax owing etc

This is fine being such proactive budget management controlling for families but nobody mentions that in addition to the sudden same week income change here which they may backdate - there may now even be several weeks where there is also NO family tax credit being paid either!! Therefore the family lose access to this money same time! Therefore the family have to find immediate financial support somewhere else while they must wait for their taxcredit packages to resume ie pay your rent but starve now so you or your children dont owe IRD money at end of year

Unfortunately I am also uncertain if this weekly tax credit for children udner 18yo is properly adjusted back into the parents bank at year end. Sad to say it feels to me like money was/is taken away from children and specifically a weekly entitlement that is never stopped or sanctioned in other countries AFAIK.....

ps There is another small anomaly imho which relates to the 'inwork tax credit' - and again unless the vulnerable family working part-time happens to have sophisticated tax advisers on hand - I would expect many parents who have returned to the workforce may have missed out on this lawful entitlement of $60 pw too for each qualifying week!! TBH it astonishes me how the governmental computers are obviously making such negative adjustments to remove money from vulnerable families and somehow the very same time they seem unable to keep the lawful entitlements intact and paid out? Certainly I am told that WINZ are forever adjusting weekly income with parttime employees every week with their insistence on wagesheets or be sanctioned even - so not sure why IRD cannot do the same come credit time - especially when it could be at a minimum of $92pw per child and then $60pw for a one child family with variable hours! Yup sadly thats also possibly equivalent to an adult sickness benefit entitlement disappearing from IRD somewhere too all the whilst some family poverty times continue sadly

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users