• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weekly Entitlements Are you getting the right amount

#1 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:22 PM

I have just been informed that a young claimant is not receiving his correct entitlementin compensation.

It is very clear in the Act what the entitlement is

Schedule 1 Clause 34 (2 ) is very clear and is imposible to read any other way.

This subclause applies to any weekly period of incapacity after the 4 week described in subclause (1). the claimant's weekly earnings for any such weekly period are calculated using the following formula

a
--
b

where -----

'a' is the claimant's earnings as an employee (from employment with that employer) in the 52 weeks innediately before his or her incapacity commenced

'b' is the number of full or oart weeks during which the claimant earned those earnings as an employee.

(3) For the purpose of this clause the following MUST BE DISREGARDED IN CALCULATING WEEKLY EARNINGS:
(a) any period during which the claimant was entitled to weekly compensation; and
(b) any earnings in respect of such period

I have just been told of some one that only is entitled to $7.00 per week for working full time in the forestry. I think that the casemanager can not read the ACt or do arithmetic. this is not the only case out of the Dunedin office. does this happen arround the country.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users