ACCforum: vocationalindependance assessment process - ACCforum

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

vocationalindependance assessment process

#41 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostMINI, on 31 January 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

It is all quite obvious really.

I will give you an example.

I have never worked as a typist, but I was trained as one and have always used typing in the jobs I have done.

One of the jobs picked for me in ioa was being a typist.

I rang the local placement people and asked what the typing speed was to be a typist and the input speed to be a data clerk. Which was another job suggested I could do. The Director of the outfit said what the speeds were for both, but for the typist one in particular it was 50 - 60 words per minute. I used to be 60 words per minute until my accident in 1992 and when I paid to have myself tested I was 29 words a minute, so the accident took away half of my speed for being a typist. The Director said that he could not place me as a typist with such a low speed rate.

Of course both had to be chopped off the list.

No one told me to do this and find out this information, it was simply commonsence. If no work placement organisation would even put me on their books, then clearly it shouldn't be on what I can do for a job.

This is what works wonderfully with ACC. You have the onus of proof and if you prove that you cant do it that's that. It will surely whittle down your list of jobs you can do.

They should never be on the list in the first place as it is purely commonsence and your injury that are needed to show that you cannot do it. No biggie really.

BUT This is how you prepare yourself before you go.

AS I said earlier.

Good Luck.

Mini

For others this info is important .You post "Of course both had to be chopped off the list"

Who changed your IOA document and removed those occupations selected. When did this occur regarding the
time frame of attending the VIA assessment .?

Many have tried to have their own IOA reports amended to reflect a more common sense work capacity , but
have failed.
0

#42 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Will mini please explain how mini got these 2 employments removed from her IOA.?.
0

#43 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View Postgreg, on 02 February 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

Will mini please explain how mini got these 2 employments removed from her IOA.?.


I already explaned it Gregg. They may have got removed from the list by ACC. I centainly would have corned them about it as soon as I have the IOA report.

I also had a letter from the employment agency saying as much.

As far as the taxi driving was concerned, they were well aware from my IA that I couldn't lift heavy things and the IMA would have shown the same thing.

This is all done in a very fluent manner, ie as soon as you get the information you at on it. You don't wait 20 years to do something about it. fighting ACC is like have a full time job in its self.

If someone has got to this stage without having an IA, they need to have one instantly. Even put their ioA on hold until the IA has been done if you can.

Who are you collecting data for Gregg/

Mini
0

#44 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

fuck me whose doing who acc or the lawyers.
both bloody mongrels
just been told by 1 he's $350 hr
I think I just give up and let acc do whatever.
you 80% of ya pay and heres another lawyer tryn to get more than I make
0

#45 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

Thanz mini for moving your post.
You say 'They may have got removed from the list by ACC'.
the document IOA., was edited by ACC. or a letter added to the report?.
0

#46 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostBARON VON OIL, on 03 February 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

fuck me whose doing who acc or the lawyers.
both bloody mongrels
just been told by 1 he's $350 hr
I think I just give up and let acc do whatever.
you 80% of ya pay and heres another lawyer tryn to get more than I make

What is the total potential earnings you will receive until 65 years if
this Lawyer wins you case. Also factor in ACC. will re-attack you , approx. every 2 years
and add this into any future earnings against present legal costs.
0

#47 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

View Postgreg, on 03 February 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

Thanz mini for moving your post.
You say 'They may have got removed from the list by ACC'.
the document IOA., was edited by ACC. or a letter added to the report?.


Gregg

I cannot go through that documentation to find where the or who actually changed the list of jobs I could do. It is in the jumble here somewhere, but with a recently broken arm, I can not go through it all to find the answers for you and this person needs the information fast by the sounds of it. However, it is true. I never got as far as the VIMA, and it was because I was attacking the IOA, as soon as I got it and the fact that I had My IA which was only a couple of years old and said precisely what my Range of Motion and that the IA did not include what weight or loss of strength I had, so really if it is your upper body, back, spinal or neck that has a measurement of Whole Person Impairment, it must play a part in what jobs you can do and for how long. Like part time etc. These injuries measured are permanent and stable and will be so for the rest of your life.

I have been told already that the upper breakage of my arm is nothing to do with my injury 1992 which My WPI is measured on, and this extra injury will cause a greater WPI already!! By the Orthopaedic surgeon, that is because they know already the time of break will never leave me completely fixed up, even if it knits without surgery. This is on top of the WPI % I had from the previous injury. Thank god they are not connected in any way, although both injuries are upper torso.

You see I know already that I will be taking action if need be to get extra WPI %, therefore extra money for my IA as they all have to be added together.

Mini
0

#48 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostMINI, on 03 February 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Gregg

I cannot go through that documentation to find where the or who actually changed the list of jobs I could do. It is in the jumble here somewhere, but with a recently broken arm, I can not go through it all to find the answers for you and this person needs the information fast by the sounds of it. However, it is true. I never got as far as the VIMA, and it was because I was attacking the IOA, as soon as I got it and the fact that I had My IA which was only a couple of years old and said precisely what my Range of Motion and that the IA did not include what weight or loss of strength I had, so really if it is your upper body, back, spinal or neck that has a measurement of Whole Person Impairment, it must play a part in what jobs you can do and for how long. Like part time etc. These injuries measured are permanent and stable and will be so for the rest of your life.

I have been told already that the upper breakage of my arm is nothing to do with my injury 1992 which My WPI is measured on, and this extra injury will cause a greater WPI already!! By the Orthopaedic surgeon, that is because they know already the time of break will never leave me completely fixed up, even if it knits without surgery. This is on top of the WPI % I had from the previous injury. Thank god they are not connected in any way, although both injuries are upper torso.

You see I know already that I will be taking action if need be to get extra WPI %, therefore extra money for my IA as they all have to be added together.

Mini

In other words ; simply no document was ever changed .
The only way to change any ACC report is to write a letter to be attached to any ACC report
.
I am trying to help recent ACC Claimants that if you disagree with any ACC document/assessment,
you must put it in writing and then before any assessment request a list of all
documents ACC offers to the assessor including your letters.
Requesting to record is helpful.
0

#49 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

if all fails go thru the legal process as in if a claimant does not do basics , but that does not give results gro old and injured gracefully
0

#50 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

may pay to be a nz citizen to receive the super, and know the requirements , of
0

#51 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

I GIVE UP I SURRENDER
0

#52 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

to give up is what the corporation is wanting , as in an insurer, do the basics , as in being compliant , prepare yourself as providing true and up to date info , medical reports etc , and if one is in a position to get advice help etc that is also a help . box on mr oil
0

#53 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

you mr oil are one of many , in the same category. as i take are a long termed injured , as in wanting rehab , as social ,vocational etc
0

#54 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

stable permanent injury, lawyer who wont work for less than 3 grand
now lets see weigh up the options
invalids benefit or go back to truck driving and tell acc where to stick there thumb.
its not a very fair corporation when u have to go to court to get any treatment
this country sucks im not going to go thru another year of there bull shit even if the money is good
2 suicide attempts cause of them now on anti depressants and other meds
all I can say is S.O.S.D.D
1

#55 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostBARON VON OIL, on 08 February 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

stable permanent injury, lawyer who wont work for less than 3 grand
now lets see weigh up the options
invalids benefit or go back to truck driving and tell acc where to stick there thumb.
its not a very fair corporation when u have to go to court to get any treatment
this country sucks im not going to go thru another year of there bull shit even if the money is good
2 suicide attempts cause of them now on anti depressants and other meds
all I can say is S.O.S.D.D


I would like to know what SOSDD means?

But no matter what it is sad to hear that you are giving up.

$3000 is not expensive for a new injury. And you maybe could get Legal aid. So money should not be a reason to stop taking action against them. I think we all agree it is not fair. But then lots of things in life aren't, so the thing to do is carry on fighting.

If it is your right to have the entitlement, no one should be keeping it from you.

I don't know why it was so important to Gregg to know who actually changed my list of tasks the IOA made up for me before it got to the IMA. It is hardly important, what is important is that for the assessor of IOA to have changed it, she would have been under ACC instructions or agreed because I obviously couldn't do them, then they shouldn't be their, so she changed it of her own accord and sent updated copy to ACC. It is too long ago to remember, who did it and how it actually got done. But the whole argument of my having no ablility of do some of the jobs, in fact most of them, made the IMA write a report to ACC in my favour. That is how far back I started doing research into if I could actually do the jobs they were saying I was skilled in. The IMA is there to find out if you can do them, whether you have the skills or not. It so happened in my case that he agreed with me. I had the skills but not the physical ability.

Mini
0

#56 User is offline   Redsector 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 01-July 07

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

S.O.S.D.D .....just google it Mini.

Sorry to hear of your hassles BVO, might be best to just let it go and get on with life, something a lot on here have trouble doing.
The stress and worry can drag you down and make ACC way too big a part of your life.
0

#57 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

"to go back truck driving" mr oil does give the impression you are in a position to work , as what capacity .?
0

#58 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

allan thomas. as in his case is an extreme as in where you are in a position of challenging the corporation as in vocational past and present
0

#59 User is offline   Huggy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1219
  • Joined: 18-October 05

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Look at it this way.......is 3k really a lot when your weekly compensation is stake which could be 20 to 30k or even more ?????????
0

#60 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1965
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

not really , huggy , unless whom fronts up , as a payement , and then are there assurrance of a win. as in where whom can give that
0

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users