ACCforum: vocationalindependance assessment process - ACCforum

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

vocationalindependance assessment process

#21 User is offline   RedFox 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 248
  • Joined: 11-March 13
  • LocationNorth of Christchurch

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 20 January 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

I have never had any assessments.
But I have asked for them and they know I am well armed.

Baron don't go to a gun fight with a knife

so in reality you have no idea how the VI process works.

Well armed or not I don't believe you are qualified to comment on the VI process
0

#22 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostRedFox, on 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

so in reality you have no idea how the VI process works.

Well armed or not I don't believe you are qualified to comment on the VI process


Now I am extremely experienced. I have been involved with a very large number of VIs including preparing documentation, speaking with occupational and medical professionals together with sitting in on them.

You are certainly not equipped or qualified to comment on my intellectual prowess, knowledgebase or experience. Who the hell are you? The least my name is up there with nothing to be ashamed of in most certainly do not scuttle about in the shadows trying to influence the ACC by manipulation and persuasion.
0

#23 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1963
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

to have preperations of answers to the whom is imporant , the jobs suggested have no relevance , as in you to intervene , the importancy is for you to give logical answers as in written . to the assessor and also the corporation . beforehand and also rquest and obtain all inofo sent to the assessor
0

#24 User is offline   RedFox 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 248
  • Joined: 11-March 13
  • LocationNorth of Christchurch

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

View Posttommy, on 20 January 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

to have preperations of answers to the whom is imporant , the jobs suggested have no relevance , as in you to intervene , the importancy is for you to give logical answers as in written . to the assessor and also the corporation . beforehand and also rquest and obtain all inofo sent to the assessor

In plain English please
0

#25 User is offline   RedFox 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 248
  • Joined: 11-March 13
  • LocationNorth of Christchurch

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

My comments in blue (Clearly identified)

View PostAlan Thomas, on 20 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Now I am extremely experienced. I have been involved with a very large number of VIs including preparing documentation, speaking with occupational and medical professionals together with sitting in on them.

You are certainly not equipped or qualified to comment on my intellectual prowess, knowledgebase or experience. Who the hell are you? The least my name is up there with nothing to be ashamed of in most certainly do not scuttle about in the shadows trying to influence the ACC by manipulation and persuasion.

You claim great experience in preparing documentation, speaking with occupational and medical professionals and sitting on them.

What documentation is required?

Sitting on occupational and medical assessors? IMHO not a good way to conduct yourself.


0

#26 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostRedFox, on 20 January 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

In plain English please

Simple ; prepare for any assessment.
0

#27 User is offline   greg 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1159
  • Joined: 15-September 03

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Rather than just saying others are wrong , offer your experience to help this claimant
and has REDFOX every gone through the this VI. system and still today get weekly
income ERC. eg from ACC , ?.
0

#28 User is offline   RedFox 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 248
  • Joined: 11-March 13
  • LocationNorth of Christchurch

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

View Postgreg, on 20 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Rather than just saying others are wrong , offer your experience to help this claimant
and has REDFOX every gone through the this VI. system and still today get weekly
income ERC. eg from ACC , ?.

Yes redfox still gets make-up pay
0

#29 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostRedFox, on 20 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Have you been through the VI process?

yes
0

#30 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

yes ive been thru vi been seen by occupational assessor, done retraining ie fork lift and traffic management. as I been told I cant go back to mining
is there anything I need to do before I see the quack in chch, im not sure on what to ask but I am going to show 2 pictures 1 of the truck I used to drive the other the roller he recommended I should work as, then going to say whats the difference.
my doctor said he would have no hesitation in signing me up for invalids benefit as he no's im not gonna be able to wrk again.

shit I spent 20 yrs on a benefit then decided to do polytech passed all licences top student got a job then have 2 head injuries within 6 months
go on acc and hey u have to retrain again but the recommendations r so bloody funny I should go to the paper again.
there top 3 recommendations now r
performing arts technician (only cause I helped at the theatre with a show for my flatmate he was the manager of shows)
courier driver (I couldn't drive my truck 12 hrs aday what makes them think I can do this 12hr a day job)
roller drive (ilmfao)

shit I cant even walk down town without pain.
then someone else tells me I got the dragon lady as my cm wtf.
no wonder ppl commit suicide on acc

my accident was on 21 june 2012
im not sure what im going to say at my appointment
0

#31 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

I understand that you had your original injury under the 1982 legislation and have cover under that legislation.

From what you now say it appears that there was no possibility you can return to your preinjury occupation.

This means that there should be an ACC decision of s60 permanent incapacity on your file.

People who have a permanent incapacity decision from the ACC Not permitted vocational rehabilitation into a new occupation. It is an abuse of the use of ACC funding and your rights to permanent retirement.

When someone is permanently retired on s60 permanent incapacity they are free to work at whatever they like whenever they like with the only stipulation being that they report their earnings to the ACC for purposes of abatement of earnings so as to avoid double dipping. If you only earned a small amount such as 50 or hundred dollars per week in all likelihood your ERC would remain exactly the same but if you became successful in a new occupation full-time and earned more than your preinjury occupation you are still be entitled to your ERC but there would be 100% abatement in the ACCs favour. If any reason you are unable to continue in that occupation your earnings compensation would continue again immediately.


It seems to me the first thing you should be doing is writing to the ACC asking for a copy of the permanent incapacity decision the ACC made under the 1982 legislation and that they had not made the decision asked to make it. There is a significant number of cases where the ACC has neglected to make a decision between temporary and permanent incapacity resulting in a financial advantage to themselves and being required to make the decision for decades after the change in legislation. This is about the only section in the transition between the 1982 and 1992 legislation that continues in its original form.

As for the vocational assessment procedures that you are under now under the current legislation that you are not entitled to participate in write to the ACC asking assessment procedure to be put on hold until they make the decision between temporary and permanent incapacity. If they do not comply way forward is to go immediately through the judicial review High Court procedures for an enforcement order stopping ACC proceeding with the decision-making process altogether until they address the temporary/permanent incapacity issue.

If the ACC made a temporary incapacity decision you would then have to challenge that decision in the usual way and then comply with the current procedure while the capacity issue is being considered. Of
0

#32 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 21 January 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I understand that you had your original injury under the 1982 legislation and have cover under that legislation.

From what you now say it appears that there was no possibility you can return to your preinjury occupation.

This means that there should be an ACC decision of s60 permanent incapacity on your file.

People who have a permanent incapacity decision from the ACC Not permitted vocational rehabilitation into a new occupation. It is an abuse of the use of ACC funding and your rights to permanent retirement.

When someone is permanently retired on s60 permanent incapacity they are free to work at whatever they like whenever they like with the only stipulation being that they report their earnings to the ACC for purposes of abatement of earnings so as to avoid double dipping. If you only earned a small amount such as 50 or hundred dollars per week in all likelihood your ERC would remain exactly the same but if you became successful in a new occupation full-time and earned more than your preinjury occupation you are still be entitled to your ERC but there would be 100% abatement in the ACCs favour. If any reason you are unable to continue in that occupation your earnings compensation would continue again immediately.


It seems to me the first thing you should be doing is writing to the ACC asking for a copy of the permanent incapacity decision the ACC made under the 1982 legislation and that they had not made the decision asked to make it. There is a significant number of cases where the ACC has neglected to make a decision between temporary and permanent incapacity resulting in a financial advantage to themselves and being required to make the decision for decades after the change in legislation. This is about the only section in the transition between the 1982 and 1992 legislation that continues in its original form.

As for the vocational assessment procedures that you are under now under the current legislation that you are not entitled to participate in write to the ACC asking assessment procedure to be put on hold until they make the decision between temporary and permanent incapacity. If they do not comply way forward is to go immediately through the judicial review High Court procedures for an enforcement order stopping ACC proceeding with the decision-making process altogether until they address the temporary/permanent incapacity issue.

If the ACC made a temporary incapacity decision you would then have to challenge that decision in the usual way and then comply with the current procedure while the capacity issue is being considered. Of

0

#33 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

who said im under the 1982 act
my accident was 2012
0

#34 User is offline   tommy 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1963
  • Joined: 21-September 05

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

whoms wasting whoms time here , as in where did mr oil or not mention the 82 act
0

#35 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10801
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostBARON VON OIL, on 21 January 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

who said im under the 1982 act
my accident was 2012


Never mind. Someone else recently was under the 1982 act.

You on the other hand will have all the joys of the current act.

I have recently written on this issue concerning focusing attention on the individual work task activities of your former occupation, what amongst those are transferable qualification, experience and skill to whatever they are suggesting and what the deficit is to achieve the proposed occupation and whether or not the ACC had paid for the rehabilitation to achieve this. Of claimants are disentitled based on theoretical possibility that a person might be able to work in a new occupation without any real evidence. Usually the ACC push you want to the next stage and the next stage and the next stage without validating each stage then suspend you if you don't comply.

I suggest that you write to your case manager asking for a list of each stage of your rehabilitation plan so as you are able to check that each stage has been properly completed. If you don't take control of your rehabilitation program they will have their wicked way.
0

#36 User is offline   BARON VON OIL 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 23-December 12

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

yesterday I got a copy of my case files and what did I find but evidence of a cover up
I found some info that I shouldn't have received
all along acc have stated I have a neck sprain, but a letter from john mac vicar contradicts that
as far as the symptoms on the left are concerned it has now been diagnosed that the source of the pain is the c5-6 zygapophysial joint and it is clear that
he has suffered from more than a sprain which implies an injury to a ligament
all along they new ive had ligament damage not nerve damage and this is mentioned by my cm and there bma
ive now been in contact with a lawyer and come Monday I will be making a formal complaint hopefully with legal help
fukn acc
0

#37 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

View Posttommy, on 24 December 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

if it does as in compensatories , watch the space as in allans case


Off topic Tommy. This thread is not about Alans case, it is for information for another claimant.

Mini
0

#38 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostBARON VON OIL, on 20 January 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

will be off to see alex marshall in chch for my medical assessment on monday


Good Luck.

Mini
0

#39 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 20 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

Now I am extremely experienced. I have been involved with a very large number of VIs including preparing documentation, speaking with occupational and medical professionals together with sitting in on them.

You are certainly not equipped or qualified to comment on my intellectual prowess, knowledgebase or experience. Who the hell are you? The least my name is up there with nothing to be ashamed of in most certainly do not scuttle about in the shadows trying to influence the ACC by manipulation and persuasion.


And you say you cant work Mr Thomas. It sounds as though you are acting on behalf of others therefore you are working.

mini
3

#40 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

View Posttommy, on 20 January 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

to have preperations of answers to the whom is imporant , the jobs suggested have no relevance , as in you to intervene , the importancy is for you to give logical answers as in written . to the assessor and also the corporation . beforehand and also rquest and obtain all inofo sent to the assessor


It is all quite obvious really.

I will give you an example.

I have never worked as a typist, but I was trained as one and have always used typing in the jobs I have done.

One of the jobs picked for me in ioa was being a typist.

I rang the local placement people and asked what the typing speed was to be a typist and the input speed to be a data clerk. Which was another job suggested I could do. The Director of the outfit said what the speeds were for both, but for the typist one in particular it was 50 - 60 words per minute. I used to be 60 words per minute until my accident in 1992 and when I paid to have myself tested I was 29 words a minute, so the accident took away half of my speed for being a typist. The Director said that he could not place me as a typist with such a low speed rate.

Of course both had to be chopped off the list.

No one told me to do this and find out this information, it was simply commonsence. If no work placement organisation would even put me on their books, then clearly it shouldn't be on what I can do for a job.

This is what works wonderfully with ACC. You have the onus of proof and if you prove that you cant do it that's that. It will surely whittle down your list of jobs you can do.

They should never be on the list in the first place as it is purely commonsence and your injury that are needed to show that you cannot do it. No biggie really.

BUT This is how you prepare yourself before you go.

AS I said earlier.

Good Luck.

Mini
2

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users