ACCforum: Man fires gun in WINZ office - ACCforum

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Man fires gun in WINZ office - Two people dead, one injured.

#41 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostDavid Butler, on 02 September 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

That is the SENSIBLE thing to do Alan.
It does NOT mean an involvement with anyone.
It is you that goes on about presenting threats of danger to the Police if one has information and now you try this tactic of shit stirring
You were not frog marched
YOU WERE INTERVIEWED-Charged with a crime on the evidence that was presented to the ACC Black Op's against you by Kenneth Miller
There was a trial and you were found Guilty of [Planning to blow up the ACC . with a van full of fertilizer-which im sure if it had had gone off according to plan there would have been far more life's lost and harm to others than the recent issues this thread is about.

I would rather read about your trial for planing to Blow Up the ACC as opposed to reading the breaking news that you had Blown up the ACC Building along with the staff and members of the public.
Your reasoning at times on issues as this defy logic Alan
do you want thomas law for you and Police law for others
seems so from your many rhetoric writings.

David.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....sought-MPs-help

July 2011: North Shore beneficiary Alan Thomas was sentenced to 10 months of home detention after planning to explode a van full explosives and nails outside an ACC branch office.

What was the evidence that you, Miller and Weal presented?
Was it anything more than your imagination?

What part of the law makes it okay to convict based on imagination?

#42 User is offline   David Butler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

- The Press

July 2011: North Shore beneficiary Alan Thomas was sentenced to 10 months of home detention after planning to explode a van full explosives and nails outside an ACC branch office.

NEVER PRESENTED A THING Alan
Never knew about the Plot until WEAL CAME OUT WITH IT
it was KENNETH MILLER that sent the Plot to the acc
YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL 'HE GAVE THE EVIDENCE AGAINST YOU
CONFIRMING
IT WAS SOLEY HIMSELF THAT SENT THE BOMB PLOT DETAILS TO THE ACC
As much as i dont like Miller and he lied about issues and they BOTH =WEAL and MILLER PERVERTED JUSTICE along the way to salt the story in general about you --Kenneth Miller must been right about the Plot as you were found Guilty as charged, as the link you republished shows.
dave

#43 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostDavid Butler, on 02 September 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

CONFIRMING
As much as i dont like Miller and he lied about issues and they BOTH =WEAL and MILLER PERVERTED JUSTICE along the way to salt the story in general about you --Kenneth Miller must been right about the Plot as you were found Guilty as charged, as the link you republished shows.
dave

You spoke to Sue North on the phone about what was being imagined.
You emailed Sue North about what was being imagined.
Miller spoke to Sue North on the phone about what was being imagined.
Miller emailed Sue North about what was being imagined by Weal.

Imagination is not evidence!

What have you Miller and Weal done to undo the wrong against me?

#44 User is offline   David Butler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

YES About the PETROL TANKER
YES About the Petrol Tanker ands that you were a bloody radical asshole
go quietly check up on the man
Cant have another pike issue going on within the house can we now alan?
which turns out we REALLY did have an issue going on in our house eh Alan?

YES I HAVE CONFIRMATION OF THAT from North AlanPosted Image
Seems the imaginations were correct Thomas

'The evidence was not imaginations
YOU WERE FOUND GUILTY ON THE EVIDENCE YOU NOW SAY WAS IMAGINATIONS
DID YO TELL THE COURT YOURSELF IT WAS ALL IMAGINATIONS?

FUCK ALL TO UNDO alan
Nothing done wrong by me
MILLER
Now a different kettle of fish there so Hes yours to sort out

#45 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Ashburton shooting: Man charged with murders
JOELLE DALLY, BLAIR ENSOR
Last updated 08:58 02/09/2014

A man alleged to have killed two people and seriously injured another at the Ashburton Work and Income office yesterday will appear in court today on charges of murder and attempted murder.

Police said they had laid charges overnight against Russel John Tully, 48, who was arrested yesterday afternoon following the shooting in central Ashburton.

Tully will appear in the Christchurch District Court this morning on two charges on murder and one charge of attempted murder.

Detective Inspector Tom Fitzgerald said police had formed a picture of what happened yesterday, but were appealing for more information and sightings.

A large section of Ashburton's CBD remains off limits this morning as police and forensic staff in white boiler suits carry out a scene examination at the site of yesterday's shooting.

Members of the public have begun to mark the tragedy, placing flowers at the edge of the cordon.

Police particularly wanted to hear from anyone who was in Ashburton between 8am and 5pm yesterday and saw a man wearing dark-coloured clothing, a rolled-up balaclave and a dark backpack and who was riding or pushing a dark mountain bike.

Fitzgerald said a man fitting that description was seen near Ashburton New World supermarket and police wanted anyone with similar sightings to come forward.

Police were also searching for two runners who were believed to have come into contact with the man on the Ashburton River Track yesterday morning.

Anyone with information should contact police in Ashburton on 03 307 8411 or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

VICTIM 'LIVED FOR HER JOB'

Two Work and Income staff made a desperate dash for the back door of their Ashburton office when the shooting started.

Lindy Curtis was last night in a stable condition in Christchurch Hospital with leg injuries. Peg Noble, 67, was on reception when a gunman walked into the office and shot her in the chest. A second woman was also killed.

Noble was 10 minutes from her tea break when she was shot at close range.

Yesterday, friend Elizabeth Rees said Noble was a second mother to her daughter, Kim, who worked in the same office.

Kim was due to relieve Noble on reception and had a narrow escape.

''She's been crying and crying. She came home, saw her kids and it hit her,'' Rees said.

Her daughter and another staff member had run for their lives to the back door of the office and then out to the street, Rees said.

''She [Kim] said as she was running out of the building her body felt 10 times its weight. It felt like running in slow motion.''

Noble had worked for Work and Income for 20 years and was supposed to retire years ago but loved her job.

''She lived for her job,'' Rees said. ''She had a heart of gold and would do anything for you.''

Noble was a regular at the Ashburton RSA along with her longtime partner, Donald. She became an associate member in 2011.

"She was heaps of fun to be around. Always had a smile on her face," RSA staff member Brenda Costello said this
morning.

"She had a lot of friends in the club. Every Thursday night she was here for happy hour.

"We're all finding it pretty hard."

A moment's silence would be held at the club as a mark of respect to Noble on Thursday night.

"She was a great girl. Very loyal. It's going to take a whole for the town to get over it," RSA president Maurice Baker said.

Sheep and cropping farmer Dan White, 33, was in his ute on his way to move a mob of sheep when he saw a man walking toward him through a paddock about 100 metres away about 2.45pm.

''I just carried on as if I didn't know what was going on, called the police straight away and was talking to them as I drove off down the road.''

White's wife and three children were not home at the time. Police cordoned the area and arrested a man, Tully, about 5.30pm.

''I'm still s......g bricks,'' he said.

White said that he was ''relieved'' to hear an arrest had been made.

''It makes you feel pretty sick,'' he said of the shootings in Ashburton yesterday morning.

''I think they [the police] have done a good job but they were in the dark for most of it though.''

Police had thanked him for contacting them.

TOWN STUNNED AFTER SHOOTINGS

A massive manhunt ended in Ashburton yesterday after police arrested the homeless beneficiary.

About 100 police, including special tactics group and armed offenders squad staff, spent eight hours hunting Tully, finding him on a rural property in Terrace Rd, 15 kilometres south of Ashburton, near Lake Hood about 6pm.

Police refused to talk about the arrest but said Tully was taken for a medical examination and treatment for dog bites.

They continued looking for a firearm last night.

Two Work and Income staff were fatally shot about 10am yesterday by a man wearing a black balaclava and a green army jacket. A third person was flown to Christchurch Hospital and is in a stable condition.

At the time of the shooting, the office had six staff and some clients present.

The shooter ran from the office and made off on a pushbike, leaving his helmet in the street and going east along Moore St towards the Ashburton River.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....ed-with-murders

#46 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Copied from the list post above. My response in green

YES About the PETROL TANKER
Apparently my telling Miller about a dream I had of a petrol tanker chasing me down Queen Street had been reconfigured by Miller's imagination, told to you from which you and your own imaginary enhancements of which Weal enhanced with his imagination which you told told the ACC which sparked a full-scale police alert. Quite some collective imagination.

YES About the Petrol Tanker ands that you were a bloody radical asshole
go quietly check up on the man
Cant have another pike issue going on within the house can we now alan?
which turns out we REALLY did have an issue going on in our house eh Alan?

Why do you think ACC would check up based on the tag team's collective imagination?
How on earth can a dream of a petrol tanker chasing down Queen Street be reconfigured into something resembling the Pike murder?
To make the imagination real by any chance did you take a vote or did you all work yourself up until frothy frenzy?
Was this "high-value information" that the ACC so desperately wanted to believe to justify the terrible things that they had done to me?
Were you aware at the time that Weal was using you?

YES I HAVE CONFIRMATION OF THAT from North Alan
Did it occur to you that the tagteam and the ACC Were not just reaching my privacy but were actively engaged in a conspiracy to defame my name?

Seems the imaginations were correct Thomas
What Are you imagining makes imagination correct, was it Miller is psychological analysis or your super duper magical skills or perhaps ACC's blessings combined with a memorandum of understanding with the police?Obviously by the time everything got to court the issue of perjury comes up. Imagination of this type in this case is most certainly perjury.

'The evidence was not imaginations
YOU WERE FOUND GUILTY ON THE EVIDENCE YOU NOW SAY WAS IMAGINATIONS
DID YO TELL THE COURT YOURSELF IT WAS ALL IMAGINATIONS?

The evidence was imagination! Primarily from someone in my home who was drunk at the time who imagines that I was agreeing to what he said that he based on the imagination of the likes of your selves, the tagteam.
Imagination of this type in this case is most certainly perjury.
There is no defence against Imagination based perjury. How could I possibly have any kind of alibi against your collective imaginations?

FUCK ALL TO UNDO alan
Nothing done wrong by me
MILLER
Now a different kettle of fish there so Hes yours to sort out

It is not my imagination it needs to be sorted out.
Based on my name being on the newspaper in connection with the Ashburton incident I find myself still being defamed by your collective imaginations.

#47 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

- The Press

The Judge didnt find what you say above to be true. He found what the witnesses said to be fact.

That is why you got covicted and sentenced.

You did not bother to try to defend yourself or to bring a case of appeal to trial, as everyone has a right too.

So don't take out on us members of ACCforum, your own mistakes of doing nothing about your predicament.

I bet you the gunman from Ashburton will have a defence, even if it is insanity.

Watch this space Alan Thomas and learn something.

Mini

#48 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostDavid Butler, on 02 September 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

CONFIRMING
dave

Golly gosh and gumboots, you have about faced David Butler.

Mini

#49 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

Alan Thomas

You know what David Butler has done for you to undo whatever he considers to be wrong done against you. I consider he actually went "dirty politics" to assist you, but it back fired. Neither of you has the tenacity or the strength of character to stand up for what you make out you truely believe in.

Mini

#50 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostTomcat, on 02 September 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

... LIAR PERVERT FRAUDSTER

There were several instances when you ooozed your version of the tanker issue... some with others present...

You did not say to me that it was a DREAM...

It only came across as another of your schemes to get at ACC or damage property... the rantings of a psycho...

You oooozed on about claimants "with nothing left to lose who would do the suicide bomber thing"... MANY TIMES...
Most times, I changed subject / terminated call / or hung up... I did not want to hear that crap...

It only re enforced my opinion that your were / are a dangerous FOOL... which is also the "OFFICIAL OPINION"
AND of most forum members...

The 1999 dream is part of the PTSD claim information of which the reports are in the ACC possession well before I even met you.How could you imagine something different to what you are told unless you had been influenced by an ulterior motivation.

I have only ever spoken of challenging the ACC through the judicial system and have even helped others who have actually threatened harm to approach their issues in the proper way, including yourself and weal. Weal did not accept my advice that being a director is not a job. This seems to have turned his mind against me because he thought he could basis claim with the ACC on the ACC previous assertion that being a director was a job. Miller it seems that you do not realise when you are being used, or Perhaps you do.

There is no such thing as an "official opinion". Officials do not have opinions. Officials are only entitled to take action based on fact. Repeating the same thing over and over does not create a fact.

#51 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostMINI, on 02 September 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

The Judge didnt find what you say above to be true. He found what the witnesses said to be fact.

That is why you got covicted and sentenced.

You did not bother to try to defend yourself or to bring a case of appeal to trial, as everyone has a right too.

So don't take out on us members of ACCforum, your own mistakes of doing nothing about your predicament.

I bet you the gunman from Ashburton will have a defence, even if it is insanity.

Watch this space Alan Thomas and learn something.

Mini

Mini I did not give evidence because there is no evidence against someone's imagination. All you can do with perjury of that type is attempt to challenge the integrity of the imagination. ACC refused to disclose the reports concerning the petrol tanker that was in their possession so I could use that information is evidence for example. The ACC also had possession of something that has been called the "Fitzy report" but also did not surrender that document either which would have been useful in determining the integrity of the primary accuser Douglas weal.

Likewise many you heard a variety of information but did not come forward which prevented me from any form of defence. It is difficult for me to understand the likes of yourself who here information and do not come forward. If you did not believe me to be dangerous and on balance your able to distinguish the difference and integrity between Douglas weal, David Butler and Kenneth Miller, as compared with myself who only ever asks questions and makes reference to facts then you have no capacity for investigation as you claim.

I make no mistake, I was simply an innocent member of this Internet site whom others have taken it upon themselves to attack. The attack was sustained for several years which culminated in perjury. Even yourself is under attack In relation to what you claim to be false allegations. How do you distinguish the difference between you and myself in regards to the attacks on this site and the nature of help prejudice develops through the social engineering of some of these members?

You cannot compare me to the Ashburton gunman. How dare you.

#52 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

View PostMINI, on 02 September 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Alan Thomas

You know what David Butler has done for you to undo whatever he considers to be wrong done against you. I consider he actually went "dirty politics" to assist you, but it back fired. Neither of you has the tenacity or the strength of character to stand up for what you make out you truely believe in.

Mini

Mini I only express myself when I am on solid ground. As you can appreciate David Butler is a very wibbly wobbly fellow which means I'm unable to move forward in reliance upon him.

#53 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Let us not forget that this thread is about WINZ murders by a man in Ashburton. This thread is not about me!

#54 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

The 1999 dream is part of the PTSD claim information of which the reports are in the ACC possession well before I even met you.How could you imagine something different to what you are told unless you had been influenced by an ulterior motivation.

I have only ever spoken of challenging the ACC through the judicial system and have even helped others who have actually threatened harm to approach their issues in the proper way, including yourself and weal. Weal did not accept my advice that being a director is not a job. This seems to have turned his mind against me because he thought he could basis claim with the ACC on the ACC previous assertion that being a director was a job. Miller it seems that you do not realise when you are being used, or Perhaps you do.

There is no such thing as an "official opinion". Officials do not have opinions. Officials are only entitled to take action based on fact.
Repeating the same thing over and over does not create a fact.

Posted Image/>... LIAR FRAUDSTER PERVERT...

As stated in court, this is my only motivation re you FOOL...
.........................................................................................

Spacecadet, on 24 December 2007 - 03:30 PM, said: Easyrider

(1) You can easily find out who I am, and I have even PM you; and NO I do no receive a cent from ACC.

(2) Yes I am a gentleman as female posters on this site can confirm (unlike Mr Thomas who has taken advantage of female members of this forum in desperate need of help - other forum members can confirm this)

(3) No - I don't have a site - but I get invited to contribute to other sites because of the research I do on legal topics that concern me.

(4) and I am not on medication.

Go and get a life!

#55 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Ashburton shooting: Family and friends speak
JOELLE DALLY, BLAIR ENSOR
Last updated 08:58 02/09/2014

One victim of the Ashburton Work and Income office shooting "loved her job" while another moved to the town following the Christchurch earthquakes, according to family and friends.

More details about the victims emerged today as the accused Russell John Tully, 48, made his first appearance in court following his arrest yesterday.

He appeared in the Christchurch District Court this morning charged with murdering Ashburton women Susan Leigh Cleveland and Peggy (Peg) Turuhira Noble and attempting to murder Lindy Louise Curtis. He was remanded to the High Court on September 23. Bail was not sought.

Curtis remains in a stable condition in Christchurch Hospital with leg injuries.

VICTIM 'LIVED FOR HER JOB'

Noble, 67, was on reception yesterday morning.

She was 10 minutes from her tea break at the time of the alleged attack.

Friend Elizabeth Rees said Noble was a second mother to her daughter, Kim, who worked in the same office.

Kim was due to relieve Noble on reception and had a narrow escape.

''She's been crying and crying. She came home, saw her kids and it hit her,'' Rees said.

Her daughter and another staff member had run for their lives to the back door of the office and then out to the street, Rees said.

''She [Kim] said as she was running out of the building her body felt 10 times its weight. It felt like running in slow motion.''

Noble had worked for Work and Income for 20 years and was supposed to retire years ago but loved her job.

''She lived for her job,'' Rees said. ''She had a heart of gold and would do anything for you.''

Noble was a regular at the Ashburton RSA along with her longtime partner, Donald. She became an associate member in 2011.

"She was heaps of fun to be around. Always had a smile on her face," RSA staff member Brenda Costello said this
morning.

"She had a lot of friends in the club. Every Thursday night she was here for happy hour.

"We're all finding it pretty hard."

A moment's silence would be held at the club as a mark of respect to Noble on Thursday night.

"She was a great girl. Very loyal. It's going to take a whole for the town to get over it," RSA president Maurice Baker said.

Cleveland, 55, had asked to be transferred to Ashburton's Work and Income office after the Christchurch earthquakes.

"She found the earthquakes a bit much," mum Kathleen Cleveland said today.

Kathleen Cleveland said her daughter, who was known as Leigh, had always been a happy person and she was shocked by her death.

"I heard it on the radio at 12 o'clock [yesterday] and I rang her cellphone. I thought I hadn't heard from her for some time and I knew things weren't good."

Leigh Cleveland had never married or had children, but loved horses and dogs. She grew up in Alexandra and moved to Fairlie to work with horses when she was a teenager.

She later joined the New Zealand Army as a civilian to work with the army band and had been working for Work and Income for more than 10 years.

She was an active member of the local South Island Rottweiler Club and had two rottweiler dogs.

"That's quite a big part of her life," her mother said. "Her dogs, they were her children."

POLICE SEEK MORE INFO

Detective Inspector Tom Fitzgerald said police had formed a picture of what happened yesterday, but were appealing for more information and sightings.

A large section of Ashburton's CBD remains off limits this morning as police and forensic staff in white boiler suits carry out a scene examination at the site of yesterday's shooting.

Members of the public have begun to mark the tragedy, placing flowers at the edge of the cordon.

A hearse earlier arrived at the scene of yesterday's shooting on Cass St as police prepared to remove the body of a victim.

Police particularly wanted to hear from anyone who was in Ashburton between 8am and 5pm yesterday and saw a man wearing dark-coloured clothing, a rolled-up balaclave and a dark backpack and who was riding or pushing a dark mountain bike.

Fitzgerald said a man fitting that description was seen near Ashburton New World supermarket and police wanted anyone with similar sightings to come forward.

Police were also searching for two runners who were believed to have come into contact with the man on the Ashburton River Track yesterday morning.

Anyone with information should contact police in Ashburton on 03 307 8411 or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....d-friends-speak

#56 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View Postanonymousey, on 01 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

My condolences to the families and all the victims and witnesses from this terrible shocking crime. As this tragic incident is still unfolding and it is possible the murderer may have had other reasons for their killing attacks - however it also reminds me of past grim scary times within benefit offices:(

TBH I absolutely hate the open plan floor that WINZ currently follow and believe offices & individual casemanagers should have videocameras and bullet proof glass cubicles [much like banks] and private rooms etc There must be sophisticated security cameras as these would be tools to ensure accountability and consistency of treatment of claimants as well as hopefully discourage verbal &or criminal outbursts etc

Sadly I have also seen reports overseas where badguys will demand law enforcement & ambulances to attend as chosen secondary targets too etc Therefore I now consider there should be specific policies in place by benefit providers for managing exconvicts with history of violence via remote specialised units as needed etc Obviously this may not prevent cases of deadly domestic violence in the workplace imho though but the more security obstacles that a madman has to overcome might help prevent future tragedies etc I know though this wont necessarily help with badmen determined to attack innocents - so additional protection strategies and proper training of security guards may be helpful there perhaps?

Re: "TBH I absolutely hate the open plan floor that WINZ currently follow and believe offices & individual casemanagers should have videocameras and bullet proof glass cubicles [much like banks] and private rooms etc There must be sophisticated security cameras as these would be tools to ensure accountability and consistency of treatment of claimants as well as hopefully discourage verbal &or criminal outbursts etc"

I expect they will now be looking at those opinions anonymousey. There's not much else can they do to protect their staff (and clients) apart from having armed security (or Police) at each office!

Metal detectors and x ray machines for scanning bags etc (like at the airports) at each door could also be an option, not only for WINZ but also for ACC!

Re: "proper training of security guards may be helpful there perhaps?"

They need it!

I have, at various times, observed the security man at WINZ reading the newspaper, texting, chatting with staff and on one occasion seen the security guard outside the front door having a smoke and another where he was sitting in his car!

#57 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

As I predicted there is going to be copycats to the bone situation it has just come on the news that there has been another armed defenders callout to a WINZ branch office in Blenheim. That makes three such episodes within 24 hours. The Blenheim office has its staff under lockdown with armed security guards while they locate the individual that threatened the same as what happened in Blenheim.

There seems to be a chasm between claimant expectations based on legislation and what is actually being delivered. The question is whether or not politicians seeking votes over the years has promised to much, created to many entitlements beyond the capacity of the taxpayer to pay with front-line civil servants being asked to engage in covert withholding activities from making good on the entitlements granted by legislation thus placing those front-line staff in harm's way much the same as I had previously suggested in the nature of cannon fodder.

The remedy to the situation is education. If the country is unable to afford to pay what has been promised then the government must face the reality and adjust the legislation accordingly.

In any event these government servants need to be properly educated as to what the entitlements are and ensure that those they serve are being served adequately by way of information so as not to rile up those they serve then rely upon security as a mechanism of enforcement of their ignorance.

On the flipside both WINZ and ACC claimants need to be able to comprehend what their entitlements actually are and learn how to communicate their needs in a meaningful way which also includes judicial enforcement.

Obviously the Ashburton murderer had tried numerous different avenues but there was nothing in the media yet about what he has done from a judicial point of view. Was informed that he could challenge the state servants decisions and position by way of the judicial procedures that are open to all New Zealanders. It would seem that the fellow was at least of reasonable intelligence and would have pursued this course of action had he been properly aware of it. Maybe he did and we just don't know yet.

The primary purpose of this site is to share our knowledge about our entitlements, both ACC and even WINZ, and how to deal with matters properly From the starting point in dealing with front-line civil servants, up through the ranks of these organisations and it necessary through the courts. Sadly we even have lunatics coming on this site who wrongly inform claimants that they should give up which adds to others distress and despair.

#58 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Here is the news story the previous poster has referred to in his post above

Winz office closed after phone threat
ANNA WILLIAMS
Last updated 10:51 02/09/2014

The Work and Income office in Blenheim is in lock-down after a telephone threat was made this morning, police say.

A police spokeswoman confirmed the Alfred St office closed its doors about 10.15am.

An "irate" man called the WINZ call centre about 9.40am and threatened to go into the Blenheim office with a firearm, the spokeswoman said.

Police have linked the cell phone number the call was made from to a Marlborough man, she said.

Armed police are guarding the building and the staff are still inside, she said.

The Armed Offenders Squad have been called in to help find the man, she said.

A number of "disturbing" threats have been made to Work and Income offices following yesterday's shooting in Ashburton.

In a joint statement, Police Deputy Commissioner Viv Rickard and Ministry of Social Development (MSD) chief executive Brendan Boyle said the agencies took all threats against MSD staff seriously.

"While some of these may be idle threats, police are taking action on each threat. In some cases, this includes shutting down sites until we're confident staff are safe."

- The Marlborough Express

http://www.stuff.co....er-phone-threat

#59 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

What an awful thing for any parent to hear on radio.

Ashburton victim's death leaves 'huge gap'
NICOLE MATHEWSON AND MYLES HUME
Last updated 14:20 02/09/2014

http://www.stuff.co....leaves-huge-gap

THEY WERE HER FAMILY': Ashburton shooting victim Susan Leigh Cleveland with her rottweilers Holly, Zena and Cameo.

Susan Leigh Cleveland moved to Ashburton to escape Christchurch's earthquakes, her grieving mother says.

Cleveland, who was known as Leigh, had asked to be transferred to Ashburton's Work and Income office about two years ago, her mum Kathleen Cleveland said.

"She found the earthquakes a bit much."

The 55-year-old was one of two people shot dead at the Ashburton Work and Income Office yesterday morning.

A small clutch of yellow daffodils was today tied to the gate outside her small brick home on the outskirts of Ashburton.

Russell John Tully, 48, appeared in the Christchurch District Court this morning charged with her murder, the murder of case worker Peggy Noble, and the attempted murder of Lindy Curtis.

Kathleen Cleveland said her daughter had always been a happy person and she was shocked by her death.

"I heard it on the radio at 12pm [yesterday] and I rang her cellphone. I thought I hadn't heard from her for some time and I knew things weren't good. I don't expect things like that."

Leigh Cleveland had never married or had children, but loved horses and dogs.

She grew up in Alexandra and moved to Fairlie to work with horses when she was a teenager.

She later joined the New Zealand Army as a civilian to work with the army band and had been working for Work and Income for about 15 years.

She was an active member of local dog clubs and had two rottweiler dogs.

"That's quite a big part of her life," her mother said. "Her dogs, they were her children."

Friend Debbie Renga said Cleveland's dogs were starting to notice something was wrong.

"They're both getting well loved and cared for at the moment. They were her family."

Cleveland was well-known around New Zealand for love of dogs and had received top awards for obedience training.

Her death had left a "huge gap" in many lives, Renga said.

"She was an inspiration to a lot of people with her knowledge, and her encouragement of that she gave my son, when he started in the dog shows, and me was just amazing."

Renga said Cleveland had loved her home in Ashburton and enjoyed being in the small town, where she felt safe after Christchurch's earthquakes.

She had always put her hand up for extra work and still enjoyed the job after so many years.

"As everyone would know, they have their ups and their downs with the difference ones they deal with, but she did enjoy her job."

Renga said she wondered how someone could be "so mindless to leave such a hole in so many hearts".

"She was just a very very special person. She'll never be forgotten."

PAIR 'ALWAYS GOING THE EXTRA MILE'

Ashburton Work and Income clients say walking into the office where two employees were gunned down yesterday will never be the same.

Many have credited the two women allegedly murdered by homeless man Russell John Tully with getting their lives back on track on a Facebook page created this morning entitled "RIP Peggy Noble and Susan Cleveland".

Another woman, Lindy Curtis, remains in a stable condition in Christchurch Hospital with leg injuries.

Noble was remembered as "a fixture at WINZ" by one client, after spending 20 years in the role.

"Will always remember Peg for the kind way she treated me in tough times she had a tough job but wouldn't be where I am now without her support thoughts go out to her family work mates and friends," Nicky McCormick wrote on the social media page with almost 250 members.

Emily Dodge said the pair must have worked difficult jobs at times, but she commended them for serving the community.

Carlene Harrington said Noble helped her family when they were homeless, even during weekends she was not meant to be working.

"And visiting us at the camping ground and made sure we were getting everything we were entitled to, attended all strengthening families meetings. You were always going the extra mile to help us out," she said.

Other comments offered sympathy to the affected families, while others wished Curtis a speedy recovery.

- The Press

#60 User is offline   David Butler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 02 September 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

This type of comment has no place on a forum such as this.
This type of comment can only bring the site intodisrepute.

Guess Who could you kindly remove the above posting as it is entirely inappropriate.

I do not condone nor approve of that type of posting tomas however
YOU PROMOTE THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AS YOU OWN PHILOSOPHY FOR THIS SITE
yOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW IT WOULD SEEM
AND YOU DO HELP THINGS ALONG WINDING UP MEMBERS

dave

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users