ACCforum: Man fires gun in WINZ office - ACCforum

Jump to content

  • 18 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Man fires gun in WINZ office - Two people dead, one injured.

#1 User is offline   BLURB 

  • accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5774
  • Joined: 22-July 06
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Man fires gun in WINZ office
Last updated 10:33 01/09/2014

A man has discharged a firearm in the Ashburton Work and Income new Zealand (WINZ) office this morning.

The incident happened at the WINZ office on the corner of Cass and Moore streets.

Police said in a statement that the man left the scene on a push bike and should not be approached.

Locals were advised to take precautions and stay indoors.

Anyone with information should contact Christchurch police on 03 363 7300, or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....-in-WINZ-office
0

#2 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostBLURB, on 01 September 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Man fires gun in WINZ office
Last updated 10:33 01/09/2014

A man has discharged a firearm in the Ashburton Work and Income new Zealand (WINZ) office this morning.

The incident happened at the WINZ office on the corner of Cass and Moore streets.

Police said in a statement that the man left the scene on a push bike and should not be approached.

Locals were advised to take precautions and stay indoors.

Anyone with information should contact Christchurch police on 03 363 7300, or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....-in-WINZ-office


Hopefully everyone is OK.

As you know I am dead against violence to front line staff doing the job they are hired to do.

At least he will find it easier to budget in prison. He will get three square meals a day.

This govt has a lot to answer for.

Mini
0

#3 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostBLURB, on 01 September 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Man fires gun in WINZ office
Last updated 10:33 01/09/2014

A man has discharged a firearm in the Ashburton Work and Income new Zealand (WINZ) office this morning.

The incident happened at the WINZ office on the corner of Cass and Moore streets.

Police said in a statement that the man left the scene on a push bike and should not be approached.

Locals were advised to take precautions and stay indoors.

Anyone with information should contact Christchurch police on 03 363 7300, or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....-in-WINZ-office


Hopefully everyone is OK.

As you know I am dead against violence to front line staff doing the job they are hired to do.

At least he will find it easier to budget in prison. He will get three square meals a day.

This govt has a lot to answer for.

Mini
0

#4 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Mini why do you say the government has a lot to answer for?

Surely be many governments over the years have put together excellent social welfare schemes. Are you somehow thinking that the government is responsible for people not receiving their entitlements?

How was it that you think front-line staff are blameless as if they have no guilt with your suggestion that they are only under orders?

My observations over a long period of time with a large number of people is that the problems stem from incompetence, surliness and arrogance by state servants who refused to acknowledge when they make a mistake. A lot of problems would be resolved if state servants learn to do their job properly and obey the legislation.
1

#5 User is offline   not their victim 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10829
  • Joined: 04-August 08

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

not surprised...


had to call the attention of case worker and security when i had the misfortune of being in the winz office....

the chap behind me....client, was threatening to kill the case manager....and getting louder, more aggressive, and shuffling his chair back till it bashed into mine


again a situation that i should never have been placed in!!!

i didnt go in for a meeting to put up with that crap!
0

#6 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:50 AM

View Postnot their victim, on 01 September 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

not surprised...


had to call the attention of case worker and security when i had the misfortune of being in the winz office....

the chap behind me....client, was threatening to kill the case manager....and getting louder, more aggressive, and shuffling his chair back till it bashed into mine


again a situation that i should never have been placed in!!!

i didnt go in for a meeting to put up with that crap!


Not their victim
I continuously found myself in your situation and the Henderson branch of ACC 1997-1998 and was so bad that I made numerous complaints to the manager with the last complaint a couple of months before the murder whereby I made a special appointment with the manager for this very purpose. Obviously people like us do not want to be going into a state run entity such as the ACC or WINZ where they are so abusive to the extent that those they are paid to serve become so riled up and angry with them. fortunately for myself I am a very level minded person the does not get riled up which placed me in an excellent position of being an impartial observer, despite my being treated badly as well, and bringing this terrible situation to the manager's attention. Over the years I have even found it necessary to express my concerns to the management of WINZ offices.Probably the most abusive situation I have ever experienced is when I was having a full-blown TIA and the staff refused to call an ambulance. Even one of the other members of the public attempted to use the phone to call me an ambulance and had the phone torn out of their hand.

While I can well understand the frustrations of someone who were discharged a firearm obviously I do not condone in any way or form illegal retaliation. This is why we have the courts. However this is made difficult when the likes of the ACC have a memorandum of understanding with the police and actually do pay the judge's salary.
1

#7 User is offline   BLURB 

  • accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5774
  • Joined: 22-July 06
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 01 September 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

<snip>Probably the most abusive situation I have ever experienced is when I was having a full-blown TIA and the staff refused to call an ambulance. Even one of the other members of the public attempted to use the phone to call me an ambulance and had the phone torn out of their hand. Have you got evidence of that Alan Thomas ie security camera tape etc or is that another one of your sob stories intended to make gullible people feel sorry for you again? Put up the prove that actually occurred Alan Thomas!

While I can well understand the frustrations of someone who were discharged a firearm obviously I do not condone in any way or form illegal retaliation. This is why we have the courts. Well get your Appeal underway because you're doing exactly that - illegal retaliation - here on this forum with the help of your mates butler and netcoachnz on the assumption/hearsay some of us were involved in a conspiracy against you Alan THomas! However this is made difficult when the likes of the ACC have a memorandum of understanding with the police and actually do pay the judge's salary.

0

#8 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 01 September 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Mini why do you say the government has a lot to answer for?

Surely be many governments over the years have put together excellent social welfare schemes. Are you somehow thinking that the government is responsible for people not receiving their entitlements?

How was it that you think front-line staff are blameless as if they have no guilt with your suggestion that they are only under orders?

My observations over a long period of time with a large number of people is that the problems stem from incompetence, surliness and arrogance by state servants who refused to acknowledge when they make a mistake. A lot of problems would be resolved if state servants learn to do their job properly and obey the legislation.


Alan

Your observations have been known to be wrong for a very long time. And proved in court to be so wrong that it has caused you large problems. You are more arrogant than any ACC person I have ever met, or WINZ one for that matter.

Mini
0

#9 User is offline   not their victim 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10829
  • Joined: 04-August 08

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

can the rest of us, who nothing to do with any of that crap please just have some threads not tainted with the same crap over and over!!!
3

#10 User is offline   Lupine 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1610
  • Joined: 28-June 08

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 01 September 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

can the rest of us, who nothing to do with any of that crap please just have some threads not tainted with the same crap over and over!!!


I second that motion.

Two women have been gunned down and are now dead. Some decorum would be nice.
2

#11 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Fran as it happens there is a video recording. A woman in my home told me she was going to attack the ACC. Notified the ACC accordingly. Within a couple of days a woman into that branch waving a knife around and it was a video recording.

All properly formed legal action needs proof beyond reasonable doubt facts. These facts take time to collect and collate. Many people resist surrendering the facts in their possession however people such as yourself Fran have described the reality of the situation and have made recordings. Thank you for all of your assistance. By the way are you going to pay for my costs in helping you?
1

#12 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostMINI, on 01 September 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Alan

Your observations have been known to be wrong for a very long time. And proved in court to be so wrong that it has caused you large problems. You are more arrogant than any ACC person I have ever met, or WINZ one for that matter.

Mini


How on earth do you imagine my observations have been wrong? I even received an acknowledgement letter from the ACC. Vast numbers of people have also come forward saying exactly the same thing. The ACC unhappy with the situation then set about to shoot the messenger, myself, and continued in a campaign using vast sums of levy payers funds in an attempt to find some drunk idiot who will make a false allegation about me. It took them 15 years and eventually there go to guide, Kenneth Miller, provided them with a portion of e-mail that initiated a police investigation whereby the drunk told the police of his recollections while he was drunk what he thought I might be planning, given my circumstances. Obviously he was imposing his fantasies upon myself. Nonetheless powerful multibillion dollar Corporations can abuse their power and in this case did When achieving a conviction based on no more than the word of the drunk who had himself not only issued death threats against myself but also others. Credibility?

Mini what you are serving is not arrogance that straight down the line rational cold logic based on proof beyond reasonable doubt fact. It is my experience that irrational people are frequently intimidated by such rational responses to factual situations.
1

#13 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 01 September 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

can the rest of us, who nothing to do with any of that crap please just have some threads not tainted with the same crap over and over!!!


It is important to learn from history and act accordingly.

For example as per this thread is concerns a man who fires a gun in a state servant office. Obviously people do not do this type of thing for no reason and there will be something wrong. As good citizens we should concern ourselves with the safety of all. By that I mean the safety of ourselves you visit these officers and the staff within.

As I said to Douglas weal when he visited my home knowledge and the sharing of knowledge is the remedy to many of these types of ailments with a steady escalation of the situation by the gathering of facts, the presentation of those facts through the food chain within these state servant organisations That Minister to our needs even using legal enforcement through the courts when necessary. In cases of dishonesty should become a matter for the criminal court.
1

#14 User is offline   BLURB 

  • accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5774
  • Joined: 22-July 06
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Two dead in Work and Income shooting
BLAIR ENSOR, AUDREY MALONE AND NICOLE MATHEWSON
Last updated 12:31 01/09/2014

Two people have been shot dead and a third injured by a balaclava-clad gunman at a Work and Income office in Ashburton.

The gunman entered the office on the corner of Cass and Moore streets this morning and fired several shots before fleeing on a bike.

He was last seen heading towards the Ashburton river. Shots have reportedly been heard by the river.

A source told Fairfax Media that one person was shot dead on site and another died at Ashburton Hospital. A third person remained in hospital in a serious condition, the source said.



Police confirmed that two people had been killed and the third person was in hospital.

Do you have more information? Email us at [email protected]

Police have warned the public to stay indoors and to not approach the man. Schools are also in lockdown.

TWO WOMEN SHOT

The Ashburton Guardian said a witness saw a man wearing a black balaclava enter and shot two women, one of whom was interviewing him at the time.

The man believed they were both Work and Income staff members.

"It was incredibly loud, I could feel the air whoosh past my head," the man told the Guardian.

He followed the man outside.

"He must have broken the gun down because he put it in his back pack," the witness said.

A woman, also believed to be a staff member, ran out and shouted at them to call the police, before running into the nearby medical centre, the Guardian reported.

They said the man's bike had been chained up on a street corner.

He headed east on Moore Street, leaving his bike helmet on the street. A postie at a business across the road heard the man screaming and swearing as he left the building.

SHAKEN UP

An employee at the neighbouring Radcliffe Electrical building said a man ran from the Work and Income office into his building after the shooting.

The man was uninjured, but was "pretty shaken up" by what had happened, the employee said.

"He saw it all happen."

An employee at another neighbouring business, who would not be named, said the shooting unfolded in Cass St about 10am.

"I heard yelling and abuse and that's what got me off my seat and then I heard what sounded like a car backfiring a little bit later.

"I just looked at the window and saw people running... running out of the building."

Armed police were in the area and the store was on "lock-down", the woman said.

"We've got no idea what's happening and what we should be doing."

The general manager of neighbouring Electraserve, Blair Watson, said the Work and Income building was in "lockdown" and had been cordoned off by police.

He understood a man had run into the building and "fired off a couple of shots".

At least two ambulances had been at the scene, he said.

Security guard Tommy Tominiko was meant to be carrying out a job at the WINZ office this morning, but arrived as police were putting a cordon up around the building.

He was waiting nearby for further instructions from his office, and could see a number of police officers in the area, including some who were armed.

"It's pretty crazy," he said.

Ashburton resident Felicity Stacey-Clark saw two helicopters fly over her house, including a rescue helicopter which landed next to Ashburton Hospital.

"Normally they're in and out of there pretty quick, so if they're still there someone must be pretty unwell."

She believed the other helicopter belonged to police, and had seen it flying over the Ashburton river.

WORK AND INCOME OFFICES CLOSE

Ministry of Social Development chief executive Brendan Boyle said all Canterbury Work and Income offices, including Timaru, have been closed until further notice following this morning's shooting.

Boyle said all their offices in Ashburton, Timaru and Christchurch would be closed until further notice.

"We are all shocked by the news of this morning's incident at the Ashburton Work and Income office. The police are handling this serious situation.

"What I can say is that we will be there for our colleagues to support them as they come to terms with what has happened," Boyle said.

Police and Corrections Minister Anne Tolley is in a caucus meeting but is receiving regular updates from the police commissioner.

Social Development Minister Paula Bennett is on a flight to Ashburton now.

MAYOR: TOWN IN LOCKDOWN

Ashburton mayor Angus McKay told Radio New Zealand that most of the town was in lockdown, including the district council building and public libraries.

The incident was "terrible" for the families and staff involved, he said.

"My heart goes out to those people."

Anyone with information should contact Christchurch police on 03 363 7400, or could provide information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co....Income-shooting
0

#15 User is offline   not their victim 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10829
  • Joined: 04-August 08

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Help Fran????


everything you have touched is tainted Alan......he was stupid to have put any faith in you in the 1st place, and thats why hes got the problems he has today!!!

and others have been dragged in, slagged off, persecuted etc...


all because of whatever your vendetta with weal, miller butler etc is all about....

dont care....dont bother trying to engage me again, youve been told that in the past!!!

so stop trolling every thread with the same frikkin drivel over and over...


YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT SOME OF US ARE GOING THROUGH, WHILE YOU REGURGITATE THE SAME OLD SHIT OVER AND OVER....


TAKE IT OFFLINE AND SORT YOUR OWN LIFE OUT WITHOUT DRAGGING US ALL IN.
4

#16 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10802
  • Joined: 10-June 06

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

As claimants either ACC or WINZ we must do our duty by reporting our concerns regarding claimant/staff in directions before these things get out of hand.
We also must be very careful that this recent incidents is going to cause a heightened sense of urgency with increased levels of security all around whereby increasing numbers of false allegations and false alarms are going to arise. Already these organisations are only too willing to get rid of claim as they do not like dealing with by making false statements. This creates the "crying wolf" situation whereby the real perpetrators of such criminal activity go unnoticed.

I trust that there will be a very significant investigation into the whole circumstances that led up to this very unfortunate and sad situation that has not only cost the lives of state servants will result in even more suicides.
1

#17 User is offline   David Butler 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3370
  • Joined: 25-January 10

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

My condolences and thinking of the families of the bereaved ones and the injured in such a sad time,and also those at the scene this morning witnessing such a shocking event

May they rest in peace.

David Butler.
3

#18 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostLupine, on 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I second that motion.

Two women have been gunned down and are now dead. Some decorum would be nice.


Holy cow!! I hope they are not other WINZ people. Although the state he must be in it could all be americanized: "Just anyone will do"

Go easy out there.

Mini
0

#19 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 01 September 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

How on earth do you imagine my observations have been wrong? I even received an acknowledgement letter from the ACC. Vast numbers of people have also come forward saying exactly the same thing. The ACC unhappy with the situation then set about to shoot the messenger, myself, and continued in a campaign using vast sums of levy payers funds in an attempt to find some drunk idiot who will make a false allegation about me. It took them 15 years and eventually there go to guide, Kenneth Miller, provided them with a portion of e-mail that initiated a police investigation whereby the drunk told the police of his recollections while he was drunk what he thought I might be planning, given my circumstances. Obviously he was imposing his fantasies upon myself. Nonetheless powerful multibillion dollar Corporations can abuse their power and in this case did When achieving a conviction based on no more than the word of the drunk who had himself not only issued death threats against myself but also others. Credibility?

Mini what you are serving is not arrogance that straight down the line rational cold logic based on proof beyond reasonable doubt fact. It is my experience that irrational people are frequently intimidated by such rational responses to factual situations.


How could that possibly put me in more harms way than I am already in Mr Thomas. I have be defamed, accused of being a conspirator to a bomb plot, threatened with my head being cut off, threatened continually with flick postings on this forum through chat of harm, threatened as being a cybertroll when I only go into one maybe two sites at the most, and heads of over dasardly deeds. Most if not all false. My house and address has been publically put on LV and this ACC forum.

There is a lot to be answered for.

Mini
0

#20 User is offline   MINI 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7810
  • Joined: 09-October 07

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 01 September 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

It is important to learn from history and act accordingly.

For example as per this thread is concerns a man who fires a gun in a state servant office. Obviously people do not do this type of thing for no reason and there will be something wrong. As good citizens we should concern ourselves with the safety of all. By that I mean the safety of ourselves you visit these officers and the staff within.

As I said to Douglas weal when he visited my home knowledge and the sharing of knowledge is the remedy to many of these types of ailments with a steady escalation of the situation by the gathering of facts, the presentation of those facts through the food chain within these state servant organisations That Minister to our needs even using legal enforcement through the courts when necessary. In cases of dishonesty should become a matter for the criminal court.


There is never any reason to do that type of thing Mr Thomas..............never. But as I said earlier, at least the person will not have to fight for his rights, because he now has none and he will get three meals a day, where as with my attempt to live off WINZ and still keep my house, was virtually impossible. So can appreciate the fraustration and misery being financially desparate can be like and the thoughts it can bring to one with nothing to lose.

I personally have lots to lose, mostly my families respect and love, if I were to do such a thing as hurt another person, so it is not likely that I would do anything other than condemn such an act.

Mini
0

Share this topic:


  • 18 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users