Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cover review..

#1 User is offline   chatzs 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:10 AM

hope this is the right place to put this. In 2009 I got a single payment option payout for the IA - so I'm due for another pay out in about a month. I emailed ACC to let them know my details changes (I'm deaf so can't phone them) and asked what date my next pay would be.

I got the following reply:
Thank you for your query on 06/08/2014.

Your next independence allowance payment is due on *****.

After reviewing your claim we have found that we need to complete a cover review as you have multiple sensitive claims lodged one of which is from 1996. Completing the cover review may entitle you to a further arrears payment.

We will attempt to complete the cover review without any further assessment however we may require an up to date psychiatric/psychological assessment.

Until this process is complete we cannot make a further SPO offer. You will receive an independence allowance payment on **** for **** and this will continue until the cover review is complete.

so I'm wanting to know have searched on their website and can't find anything - what is a cover review?

#2 User is offline   Lupine 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

This sounds most dubious to me. A Cover decision is determined under Section 21 of the legislation. Cover is not a strict medical question. I have a section on my site that deals with this matter.

http://cassandracomp...ssessments.html

#3 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

View Postchatzs, on 09 August 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

hope this is the right place to put this. In 2009 I got a single payment option payout for the IA - so I'm due for another pay out in about a month. I emailed ACC to let them know my details changes (I'm deaf so can't phone them) and asked what date my next pay would be.

I got the following reply:
Thank you for your query on 06/08/2014.

Your next independence allowance payment is due on *****.

After reviewing your claim we have found that we need to complete a cover review as you have multiple sensitive claims lodged one of which is from 1996. Completing the cover review may entitle you to a further arrears payment.

We will attempt to complete the cover review without any further assessment however we may require an up to date psychiatric/psychological assessment.

Until this process is complete we cannot make a further SPO offer. You will receive an independence allowance payment on **** for **** and this will continue until the cover review is complete.

so I'm wanting to know have searched on their website and can't find anything - what is a cover review?

Hi there

I am up for the same thing shortly and wondered if anyone knew if 'indexation' needed to be applied to the five years I have not been getting it as I lump sumed mine as well, for five years.

IA does get indexation each year so that the payment should stay in line with inflation or cost of living. I personally do not see how we should be made to go without the indexations over the years that we got our payment in advance, but it was a smaller amount than if we had not lumped it up, but sometimes circumstances need drastic measures to be taken.

Did you receive both physical and mental or only mental. I have both.

And thanks Lupine for the piece you have offered I will go and read it. It is important to know how much we have to budget on in the future.

Cheers
Mini

#4 User is offline   Lupine 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Just to clarify, my piece on Cover only applies to Sensitive Claimants. Sensitive Claimants Cover is specifically determined by Section 21 of the legislation.

#5 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Mini this may help clarify if you capitalise on your IA

Attached File  LSIAIS02 Independence allowance single payment offer.pdf (25.31K)
Number of downloads: 15

#6 User is offline   Aurora 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Content removed as may be defamatory

#7 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostLupine, on 09 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Just to clarify, my piece on Cover only applies to Sensitive Claimants. Sensitive Claimants Cover is specifically determined by Section 21 of the legislation.

Yeap! noted that!! Not for me!!

Mini

#8 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostHuggy, on 09 August 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Mini this may help clarify if you capitalise on your IA

Attachment LSIAIS02 Independence allowance single payment offer.pdf

Thanks huggy

Will go read.

Mini

#9 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostMINI, on 09 August 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Thanks huggy

Will go read.

Mini

Dont like the sound of "any amount ACC is likely to offer in the future is likely to be different than before.

Very suspiscious!! It may be worth having the complete Mental/physical considering all the s,...t been thru in past five years.

Could you send that to my personal e-mail please huggy.

Cheers
Mini

#10 User is offline   chatzs 

• Pip

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

thanks everyone guess we will just see what happens - was hoping for another SPO as my car is about to die and was going to get another one (its not worth fixing) dont think i could cope with another assessment

#11 User is offline   chatzs 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

View Postchatzs, on 09 August 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

thanks everyone guess we will just see what happens - was hoping for another SPO as my car is about to die and was going to get another one (its not worth fixing) dont think i could cope with another assessment

so apparently this is a cover review:

Cover review is a process where ACC considers which of your claims should be the primary claim.

In your case you have three sensitive claims:

********** – lodged 27/02/2006

********** – lodged 07/05/2001

**********– lodged 06/12/1996

Currently ACC considers the claim lodged in 2001 as your primary and you are paid your independence allowance under this claim. A cover review could find that the claim lodged in 1996 is the primary and this would potentially entitle you to further arrears back to 1996.

I"ve emailed back about a week ago asking how long I"m likely to be waiting for them to decide but haven't heard back yet...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users