Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assessment delay extention requested by acc

#1 User is offline   Jack 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

ACC are asking me to sign off on a extension so there can arrange assessment which they haven't not arranged to the required time. I am told that if I do not agree to extension they will then have to make decision on abuse claim little only little information and claim would be rejected and closed. They tell me it's important to keep claim open.

Am I being lied to ? Something seems odd they haven't arrange assessment in time and are asking for me to agree to an extension.

#2 User is offline   Aurora 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Content removed as may be defamatory

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostJack, on 31 July 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

ACC are asking me to sign off on a extension so there can arrange assessment which they haven't not arranged to the required time. I am told that if I do not agree to extension they will then have to make decision on abuse claim little only little information and claim would be rejected and closed. They tell me it's important to keep claim open.

Am I being lied to ? Something seems odd they haven't arrange assessment in time and are asking for me to agree to an extension.

You are falling victim to an unlawful ultimatum.

The legislation is clear that the ACC are required to make a decision within certain time limits. The ACC are required to investigate the claim within certain time limits and if they have not made that investigation simply making a decision without an investigation is not grounds to cancel the claim. What they are trying to do is to force you into litigation when the legislation has been written in such a way so as to protect you from the ACC ongoing delay practices. The ACC have recently obtained a review hearing decision that more than 20 years delay in the same circumstances of yours is not outside of legislated criteria as the legislation at that time permitted ACC to take as long as they want. If you do give an extension, Ensure that it is for stipulated information so as to prevent them engaging in some form of fishing expedition and give it for only a very limited amount of time such as one month which will be reviewable again based on the progress they have made in that month and get them to sign up to an automated decision in your favour if they do not make any progress to gather the information within a specified time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users