#1 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Collins apologises to TV journalist
Last updated 17:24 04/05/2014

Judith Collins has made a rare apology after she earlier claimed a Press Gallery journalist came to her for help for a family member wanting to join the police.

According to TV3, Collins made the claims about TVNZ journalist Katie Bradford, while the Justice Minister was being interviewed at the National Party northern conference about being asked to contact the police on behalf of Labour MP Ross Robertson.

Collins later challenged a TV3 journalist to do a story about the claims on Twitter, saying that she had not taken the matter further but felt it was unusual.

"I thought it was very odd and wrong."

A short time ago Collins issued Bradford an apology.

"Yr example came to mind. Reflected on that. Shouldnt [sic] have.sorry" Collins Tweeted.

So far Collins has not responded to repeated requests for comment.

Earlier Prime Minister John Key said Collins would be spoken to about the outburst, saying there was no war with the media and that the Government had a good relationship with the fourth estate.

"We have a good working relationship with the media, the media have a job to do. We've got a job to do, that's where it should start and finish."

Key said it was acceptable for a member of the public to raise matters with Ministers about policing matters, something which was totally different to Maurice Williamson telephoning a senior police officer on behalf of a Chinese businessman who had made a large donation to the National Party.

He did not respond to media reports even where he disagreed.

"There's lot of times that I might see coverage on TV that I either don't agree with or the way its phrased or the way its worded or the things that people say but in the end I soak that up and move on," Key said.

In a statement, Bradford said she had enjoyed a "good working relationship" with Collins during her time working in Parliament and had never asked for a personal favour.

"Today's reported comments have come as a complete surprise. Back in 2010 my ex-partner was considering applying for the Police force - at the time it had been suggested to him that he might have an issue being accepted. I recall that this came up in informal conversation between the Minister and me but I never asked her to intervene. As it was my then partner never formally applied to join the Police."

TVNZ head of news and current affairs John Gillespie said he had spoken to Collins today

"She also stated that Katie Bradford never asked for help."

Gillespie said Bradford was "a respected senior journalist and an asset to our parliamentary reporting team".

She is currently deputy chair of the press gallery.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....o-TV-journalist

#2 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

Pressure on Collins following outburst
Last updated 05:00 05/05/2014

Pressure is mounting on embattled Justice Minister Judith Collins to resign after she lashed out at a political journalist before issuing a hasty public apology.

Collins has faced scrutiny for weeks about her dealings with a Chinese company of which her husband is a director, and she has complained about family being dragged into political matters.

But yesterday, Collins went on the attack outside National's northern region conference in Auckland, claiming some media actions were "very inappropriate", citing the example of one journalist.

In an interview with TV3 about a separate occasion where Collins was asked to intervene in a policing matter, the former police minister said she had been approached by TVNZ political reporter Katie Bradford about her former husband potentially joining the police force.

Collins asked the TV3 reporter whether the media would be held to the same standards as politicians, days after Maurice Williamson was forced to resign as a minister because he phoned police about an ongoing investigation into a National Party donor.

Collins took to Twitter, in what appeared to be an attempt to goad TV3 into doing a story on the interview, claiming she felt it was "odd and wrong" for the matter to be raised with her.

Several hours later Collins apologised to Bradford, after Prime Minister John Key told media he would talk to her about the episode. "Yr example came to mind. Reflected on that. Shouldnt [sic] have.sorry" Collins tweeted.

Labour's Wellington Central MP Grant Robertson described Collins' comments about Bradford as petty and vindictive. He said she should resign as minister. "I thought it was disgraceful. Judith is clearly under pressure and needs to take responsibility for her own actions rather than hitting out at journalists."

When asked whether he thought Collins should resign he said: "I do. I think John Key now needs to take some serious action.

"She hasn't faced her conflict of interest around the Oravida situation and is now behaving in a way that is not acceptable for a minister, so the pressure is on John Key to deal with that."

Green Party co-leader Russel Norman tweeted: "You know how I gave a speech describing this Govt as Muldoonist, and some people didn't believe me? #Judith."

Collins was already expected to come under pressure when Parliament resumes tomorrow after a two-week recess over the latest developments involving her controversial visit to China.

Bradford denied she ever asked Collins for help, and TVNZ claims the justice minister has acknowledged this.

"Today's reported comments have come as a complete surprise," Bradford said.

"Back in 2010 my ex-partner was considering applying for the police force - at the time it had been suggested to him that he might have an issue being accepted. I recall that this came up in informal conversation between the minister and me but I never asked her to intervene."

TVNZ head of news and current affairs John Gillespie said he had spoken to Collins who had "stated that Katie Bradford never asked for help".

Collins said in a statement that she had been illustrating that a number of people raised matters with ministers.

Key said it was acceptable for a member of the public to raise matters with ministers about policing matters, something which was totally different to Maurice Williamson phoning a senior police officer on behalf of a Chinese businessman who had made a large donation to the National Party.

He insisted there would be no war with the media. "We have a good working relationship with the media."

Key said he would talk to Collins about the outburst.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....lowing-outburst

#3 User is offline   fuckstain 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

What a BIG fat incompetant wimp this poor excuse for a woman is -

I would give her about a month as an ACC claimant before she begins crying like a baby again

#4 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

"Stuff"'s opinion poll re Judith Collins

opinion poll
Can Judith Collins stay on as a minister?

Yes, the controversy doesn't affect how she works

Yes, but only just

No, it's the last straw and she should resign

And as at 1.20pm Monday 2014 the results so far are:

204 votes, 22.3%

Yes, but only just
96 votes, 10.5%

615 votes, 67.2%

Total 915 votes

http://www.stuff.co....lowing-outburst
(see the Stuff Opinion Poll on left of page)

She hasn't shown any interest toward us ACC Claimants and I doubt very much she will show any interest in the future. Remember the Bronwyn Pullar stuff ... that all seems to have been swept under the carpet by Judith and co so PLEASE, click on the STUFF link above, and on the left side of the page you'll see their Opinion Poll where you can vote.

Thank you

#5 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

ACID ATTACKS

ACC....

CHANNEL ONES TV PROGRAMME LAST SUNDAY....

http://tvnz.co.nz/su...out-job-5947970

http://tvnz.co.nz/po...-lashed-5948235

something stinks in the kauri swamp

#6 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

http://www.lawfuel.c...inister-collins

#7 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

David Bain Compo..insulting an international Judge

Te Urewera Terrorist Group

Roastbusters

etc etc....

anyone else care to add to the list....

and there might be some association with the kauri swamps...sorry havent got internet time ti research this.

seems like oravida is worth a crapload more than we were ever led to believe.....matrimonial property eh???

IMHO OF COURSE....

#8 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

http://www.nbr.co.nz...-down-ck-155642

hadnt connected that Katie Bradford is renegade Sue Bradford's Daughter.....

#9 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

http://www.nbr.co.nz...rous-twitter-ck

#10 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

http://www.lawfuel.c...t-dont-mix-well

#11 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

http://norightturn.b...moking-gun.html

New ACC minister as well.

#12 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

http://polity.co.nz/...vidence-collins

#13 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Update from Stuff's Opinion Poll as at 4.50pm

Can Judith Collins stay on as a minister?

217 votes, 22.3%

Yes, but only just
102 votes, 10.5%

656 votes, 67.3%

Total 975 votes

#14 User is offline   tommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

The said collins will be finacially healed , so will be not a problem apart from her ego being intruded. she as we all know will be re inlisted some where else in the political arena ?

#15 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

Judith Collins to take a few days off
TACY WATKINS
Last updated 16:27 05/05/2014

Posted Image

Prime Minister John Key says Judith Collins will take a few days off.

The Justice Minister has been "struggling under the pressure" of questions about her involvement with her husband's company Oravida, Key said.

Key said Collins would front questions about Oravida in parliament this week and it was important she did so because neither she or the government had anything to hide over the affair.

But after that she would take some time off.

After a torrid weekend in which Collins lashed out at journalists and faced fresh questions over Oravida, Key said he had "a couple of pretty long conversations" with her.

But he said he had never suggested to Collins that she stand down.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....-a-few-days-off

#16 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

She could always create a distraction by speaking up about ACC Claimants getting screwed left right and center by the ACC ;)

If she or her office staff have misplaced any or all the documented evidence that ACC Claimants, supporters, advocates and lawyers have sent her over the years then all she needs to do is ask and we shall send her copies of that evidence etc!

#17 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

BLURB, on 05 May 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Judith Collins to take a few days off
TACY WATKINS
Last updated 16:27 05/05/2014

Posted Image

Prime Minister John Key says Judith Collins will take a few days off.

The Justice Minister has been "struggling under the pressure" of questions about her involvement with her husband's company Oravida, Key said.

Key said Collins would front questions about Oravida in parliament this week and it was important she did so because neither she or the government had anything to hide over the affair.

But after that she would take some time off.

After a torrid weekend in which Collins lashed out at journalists and faced fresh questions over Oravida, Key said he had "a couple of pretty long conversations" with her.

But he said he had never suggested to Collins that she stand down.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....-a-few-days-off

No accountability in the highest court in the land "Parliamentary Question" time.

#18 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Video from TVNZ's Seven Sharp

Posted Image

Judith Collins’ Greatest Hits! (1:51)
Added: 7:24PM Monday May 05, 2014
Source: Seven Sharp

She sure knows how to pack a verbal punch.

http://tvnz.co.nz/se...s-video-5949184

#19 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Wonder of Crusher is going to take LEAVE WITHOUT PAY??

#20 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Update from Stuff's Opinion Poll as at 11.20pm

224 votes, 22.3%

Yes, but only just
105 votes, 10.5%