ACCforum: Former Staff Suing Acc? - ACCforum

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Former Staff Suing Acc? Former staff suing ACC?

#21 User is offline   Chrissy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:04 AM

View PostDreamboat, on Apr 24 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

What do you think happens to the some 2700 ACC staff when they have an accident?

ACC staff can be on ACC just like any other person in this country. ACC claims are managed by a special staff claims unit thus mitigating fraud. ACC staff follow the same process as any other client.

Things arn't always so black and white... However I am quickly realising how one sided and ignorant many of the posters here are.

Dreamboat you know so much about ACC internal structures, the extent of your knowledge is quite interesting.

If you know so much about internal structures you will also know that the 'special staff claims unit' tend to look after their own and are perhaps a little less likely to subject ACC staff to the same conditions that the general public have to endure. Unfortunately your head is in the sand on this one...ask your colleagues who have been on ACC, if they have had to take ACC to review or mediation to receive entitlements. I think you will find that it does not happen. Perhaps this could be because ACC staff don't want to upset their employer but I doubt that very much...I think it has more to do with the fact that the 'special staff claims unit' take extra special care of ACC staff.

I hope to enjoy more enligtenment from ACC staff on this forum, perhaps you should consider how 'one sided and ignorant' your own comments are before making judgements on people who may have good reason to feel the way they do...pavlov's theory is certainly relevant in this situation. Many are conditioned into their responses due to their experiences with ACC, the only way to change that reaction, is to change the experience and repeat it over and over again!

#22 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

Attached File  flogging_a_dead_horse.gif (4.04K)
Number of downloads: 1Do You
Mean

#23 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

"pavlov's theory is certainly relevant in this situation. Many are conditioned into their responses due to their experiences with ACC"...

Those with Chronic pain... and the anxiety, stress, and depression that comes with it,
add the "battles" with ACC, this leaves one open to this "conditioning"... ="Mind Fxxxing".

Lodge a claim for "Mental Caused By Physical"... ;)

#24 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

Until you people come out and state your positions with the differing govt depts, past or present, I do not have much to say about this, but please don't preach to me about the treatment of injuried staff, whatever govt dept they are employed by. I am the one that have 'Mental caused by Physical'.

At least the ACC employees would know what to do to get the proper treatment they should.

I was not paid to know employment law and Acc law, so why shouldnt I expect the same upfront treatment I gave my 'clients' in my profession, when I got injuried.

Give me job back any day!!!! Thats all I have to say about ACC!!!

Cheers
Mini

#25 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

OOOp's! :blink:
Should have named the dead horse ACC

#26 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

'Blotting Dream' date='Apr 24 2008, 08:39 PM' post='63019']
What do you think happens to the some 2700 ACC staff when they have an accident?

ACC staff can be on ACC just like any other person in this country. ACC claims are managed by a special staff claims unit thus mitigating fraud. ACC staff follow the same process as any other client.

Things arn't always so black and white... However I am quickly realising how one sided and ignorant many of the posters here are.

you do seam to have a lot of Information and yes I do also have some. Your employment contract says that you will be assessed to see if you are fit for work. I gather that the ACC will use the same toadies as the ACC uses on clients.

the Question must be asked. Do the ACC get the toadie to make false reports from a limited amount of information or is the correct information presented? there is two answers and if the result is as same as the general public then the report will be false as the Corporation did not present all of the correct information to the assessor to obtain a false report.

this gives rise for the staff to sue the Corporation when the Corporation obtained a false report knowing that it will be false as the assessor did not have the correct information.

Blotting Dream, I hope that I have cleared up your problem. this will make it easier for you when you come to administer the claims.

#27 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

:wub: Hi everyone ...

True ...

;)

#28 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

FYI: Page 4

http://www.wbhsoba.o...tter_Jan_08.pdf

Attended Whangarei Boys High School 1971-1973
This is the same region as Barry Davis and his sister are understood to have lived in as a children...

Davis's
father was employed as an accountant at Marsden Point.

http://accforum.org/...h__1#entry85347

View PostIDB, on 05 December 2004 - 11:08 AM, said:

it is said that there were a number of staff at acc whangarei that were exited unfairly and won compensatin for it if they signed a silence clause agreement, but this is hearsay.

acc whangarei - it is said a former branch manager was caught defrauding the corporation by abusing the claims denial process - claims that were declined welll, were not actually fully declined, it is said the claims were tampered with and the funds from those claims re-routed to another bank account. again - this is hearsay but it is true that the branch manager got caught and fired (i think they were charged for it).

so then david templeton was brought in to clean up the mess - but claimants are saying they were not treated very well.

claimants have discovered entries in their payment sheet data where they had payments NOT go into their account when they should have, but years later discover the entries say "acc pay acc".

then the plot thickens. dave templeton leaves.

the acc corporate secretary is mysteriously demoted to branch manager level - hearsay says the corporate secretary fell out with the top echelon of management over something the secretary didnt agree with and was sent to whangarei to sort out the mess there and to manage there until retirement. what really went on? was the secretary paid a silencing bonus?

it is reported that the whangarei branch no longer handles any payments to claimants - hearsay suggests that the branch staff are using that as a means to further frustrate claimants - claimants waiting unreasonable time frames to get paid their entitlements, others being given wrong payments and so on. who is really directing the branch? is it the corporate secretary cum branch manager or are they under pressure from upper management to poorly treat claimants? someone has to be accountable somewhere.

claimants who deal with acc whangarei are reporting they are not able to get rehabilitation, the corporation have removed independance allowances to long-term disabled people, claimants are reporting many gross errors in their files that the corporation is very reluctant to correct.

something is terribly wrong at acc whangarei.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users