ACCforum: Definitions of a Brain Injury as described by people with TBI - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Definitions of a Brain Injury as described by people with TBI

#1 User is offline   nomess 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

http://www.brainline...Oct13Newsletter
Some interesting descriptions given of a brain injury by people who have sustained a TBI. Have you a description of your own?
"It's like living in another world, where I no longer know what once was, what is normal anymore."
" Scrambled egg between my ears."
"BI is learning to live in a brain that sometimes feels like it belongs to a stranger."

#2 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

nomess, on 11 October 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

http://www.brainline...Oct13Newsletter
Some interesting descriptions given of a brain injury by people who have sustained a TBI. Have you a description of your own?
"It's like living in another world, where I no longer know what once was, what is normal anymore."
" Scrambled egg between my ears."
"BI is learning to live in a brain that sometimes feels like it belongs to a stranger."

Wow just clicked on that link, you really can't ever understand or define a brain injury unless you have one, its not just head aches, concentration, fatigue etc its everything and this is what the 'experts' don't understand.

#3 User is offline   Bravd 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

I always find it werid, like im still me but not who I was before the injury. An expert won't pick much up, but I can, and people who saw me everyday can tell. There just so many small changes to the way you think, the way you respond, and the way you relate to the world.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users