Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dr Siobhan Gavaghan Occupational Medical Assessor

#1 User is offline   Ask Annette 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

"I don't work for ACC, and I don't work for you" said Dr Gavaghan, when I went to her for my 5th IMA, the second one by her. I first met this woman in 2002. She has just completed her 1 year Diploma course in Occupational Medicine, as had my [excellent] GP and another previous [lousy] assessor Dr Francis Pitsillis. It's now 2013, and this woman has done nothing to help me. It is my experience that she is not conversant with the job market. I find it's disturbing that she would endorse an job as suitable, when it is clearly a calling, a vocation, and that would be as a minister of religion; it's not a job. I have no interest in it. I have no desire to use or abuse any religious order to 'retire' into. Dr Gavaghan again demanded that I take my clothes off, and again has reported that I declined to remove any clothing items, and so she couldn't give a complete analysis, despite the fact that I wore form fitting clothing, and later provided detailed scans, photos and graphs, which she completely ignored. She also needs glasses as she could not see the obvious swellings on my body. Get better and more qualified assessors please ACC. You/WE certainly pay enough for them!

#2 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

If you are asked to remove your clothes, ask for a nurse to be present.

If she doesn't produce a nurse then you can decline.

There is one ACC toady male doctor who also demands the clients remove clothing and stand before him in the nude while he does a perve.
This is not acceptable!

What you must do is refute this report by going thru it with a toothcomb and show that all the remarks in the report are false and dishonest.

#3 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

Sparrow, on 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

If you are asked to remove your clothes, ask for a nurse to be present.

If she doesn't produce a nurse then you can decline.

There is one ACC toady male doctor who also demands the clients remove clothing and stand before him in the nude while he does a perve.
This is not acceptable!

What you must do is refute this report by going thru it with a toothcomb and show that all the remarks in the report are false and dishonest.

In your opinion do the reviewers realise what is false and dishonest and assumption not fact?

#4 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

many Reviewers side with ACC

You need to present good evidence and reports supporting you and showing that the IMa was false incomPetent and downright dishonest.

Reviewers ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT ALL THE FACTS BUT it isn't like that much of the time.

#5 User is offline   Russel 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Sparrow, on 16 August 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

many Reviewers side with ACC

You need to present good evidence and reports supporting you and showing that the IMa was false incomPetent and downright dishonest.

Reviewers ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK AT ALL THE FACTS BUT it isn't like that much of the time.

ACC and DRSL have the same boss, the Government.
ACC have targets and incentives to look for excuses to disallow claims so it stands to reason that DRSL would also have targets and incentives to look for excuses to find against claimants.
Somehow or other you have to present yourself to the reviewer as a person who is not going to take any nonsense and is prepared to fight all the way.

#6 User is offline   jaffa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington City

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Got an email about her just last week.

She works out of The Back Institute. No mobility access but ACC still sends those in wheelchairs or needing wheeled walker frames there, knowingly. The lady I heard from has falls and so while trying to wheelo over the door hurt herself. ACC don't care, obviously.

jaffa, on 09 May 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Do not attend the back institute. Acc toadys deny mobility access yet tout acc for business assessing disabled. Discrimination rules rife if you use walking aids or wheelchairs. TBIs failure to accommodate physical disability, physical illness or impairment is discrimination under the Human Rights laws, to which ACC are not exempt. TBI and ACC fails to address loss, abnormality of physiological or anatomical structure or function (e.g. arthritis) or reliance on a wheelchair or other remedial means. From the acc orifice that sends your data to bronwyn pullar etc DO NOT allow auckland acc to bully you to attend TBI http://www.tbihealth...pain-management

#7 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

She discriminates against mobility impaired so ought not be sent disabled claimants. Your wheelchair will not get over her building's step.

Ask Annette, on 16 August 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

"I don't work for ACC, and I don't work for you" said Dr Gavaghan, when I went to her for my 5th IMA, the second one by her. I first met this woman in 2002. She has just completed her 1 year Diploma course in Occupational Medicine, as had my [excellent] GP and another previous [lousy] assessor Dr Francis Pitsillis. It's now 2013, and this woman has done nothing to help me. It is my experience that she is not conversant with the job market. I find it's disturbing that she would endorse an job as suitable, when it is clearly a calling, a vocation, and that would be as a minister of religion; it's not a job. I have no interest in it. I have no desire to use or abuse any religious order to 'retire' into. Dr Gavaghan again demanded that I take my clothes off, and again has reported that I declined to remove any clothing items, and so she couldn't give a complete analysis, despite the fact that I wore form fitting clothing, and later provided detailed scans, photos and graphs, which she completely ignored. She also needs glasses as she could not see the obvious swellings on my body. Get better and more qualified assessors please ACC. You/WE certainly pay enough for them!

#8 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:21 PM

This doctor caused ACC to unlawfully dis entitle an Auckland claimant. She assesses disabled people but discriminates against wheelchair users. Her premises have no safe access according to this Rate Your MD site.

Rosey, on 28 February 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

She discriminates against mobility impaired so ought not be sent disabled claimants. Your wheelchair will not get over her building's step.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users