• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Towards Improved Communication ACC and GPs

#1 User is offline   ernie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:04 PM

Towards Improved Communication

ACC is funding a series of six focus groups between GPs and ACC case managers around the country. These focus groups are designed to clarify communications challenges that were identified in last year's provider survey.

The focus groups are being facilitated by primary care organisations with a consistent ACC observer attending all six sessions. They aim to discuss and resolve issues around how case managers and GPs can improve communications channels, with a focus on the mode, timing and language of communications. We'll update you on the discussions in the next issue of ACC News.

ACC News - November 2004 http://reference.healthwise.co.nz/acc_news...ctedArticle=682

I think this might be ACC-speak for working out how ACC can encourage doctors to certify their patients as fit for work earlier.

#2 User is offline   victim 

• Pip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Posternie, on 26 November 2004 - 01:04 PM, said:

ACC News - November 2004 http://reference.healthwise.co.nz/acc_news...ctedArticle=682

I think this might be ACC-speak for working out how ACC can encourage doctors to certify their patients as fit for work earlier.

Well its 2012,
When a meeting was conducted with A.C.C myself and G.P the Two members representing A.C.C showed utter contempt for my G.P and did not even look at Him when telling me my payments were being suspended.

#3 User is offline   unit1of2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postvictim, on 15 October 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Well its 2012,
When a meeting was conducted with A.C.C myself and G.P the Two members representing A.C.C showed utter contempt for my G.P and did not even look at Him when telling me my payments were being suspended.

WHAT the heck did your GP have to say about this lot. Are you able to say on what grounds they (ACC) are suspending you? This seems a tad weird... intimidation??? Your GP should, if he has belief in what he's sworn to..(Oath, patient first) be speaking up for you and backing you. If suspending you treated or non-treated he should be warning them (ACC) that whatever transpires as a result of suspention and it's impact on your health, lays fully and squarely at their door, and also personally to...!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users