• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help for Review, Auckland Advocate Recommendations please

#1 User is offline   Injured 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hi there,

I want to/need to review another ACC decision.
I'd really appreciate suggestions of who to approach for representation.

#2 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

Injured are you looking for a lawyer that will work on legal aid or a you prepared to fund a lawyer that does not accept legal aid cases?

Further down the food chain there are one or two advocates who will accept the regulated fee paid out by DRSL but of course you get what you pay for.

A good option is to study the ACC legislation yourself, prepare your own submissions and present them yourself.

What is the nature of your case?

#3 User is offline   Injured 

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hi,

I would like to review the legislation and do it myself, but recognise when a job is too big for me.

I would like someone to represent me. Cover for an injury has been declined by ACC. It effects me everyday, however, and definately needs proper acknowledgement by ACC.

Q. I was of the understanding that lawyers were not allowed to represent at the Review level... is that not the case?

* I would appreciate any suggestions for lawyers and/or advocates at this stage, as I have a list of none so far.

Keep warm everybody!

#4 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostInjured, on 28 May 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Hi,

I would like to review the legislation and do it myself, but recognise when a job is too big for me.

I would like someone to represent me. Cover for an injury has been declined by ACC. It effects me everyday, however, and definately needs proper acknowledgement by ACC.

Q. I was of the understanding that lawyers were not allowed to represent at the Review level... is that not the case?

* I would appreciate any suggestions for lawyers and/or advocates at this stage, as I have a list of none so far.

Keep warm everybody!

That is incorrect, you have the right to be represented by a lawyer at review.

You can have a lawyer do the case at review via telephone conference so don't limit yoursef to a lawyer in your area..

There are lots of lawyers and advocates available.

My suggestion as to finding a good representative is Go to the acc appeal courts tribunal and use the keywords that involve your case to find someone who has won such cases lately.

Other than that there is a section of advocates and lawyers in this forum for you to choose from.

If your able to afford a lawyer then I would go that way as advocates do not need any qualification to be an advocate and can be a great waste of time and money .. not to mention confusing the facts of the decline.. that may need to be explained at appeal should the review be unsuccessful.

Lawyers will usualy look at your files and circumstances and advise whether its a case to proceed with.

Don't forget to make the review application to the acc within the 3 month time frame.

Goodluck

#5 User is offline   Bhanamac1 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostInjured, on 25 May 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

Hi there,

I want to/need to review another ACC decision.
I'd really appreciate suggestions of who to approach for representation.

Injured,

We are advocates based in Auckland. As we have just joined the forum you could have a look at the introductory thread here: http://accforum.org/...4754-advocates/

Have a read and do a little research to see if you would feel comfortable/confident in what we offer, and if you are still needing help, feel free to contact us. We are in Auckland.

Grant

#6 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Grant this is not a forum whereby you may freely advertise. You are however welcome to share your expertise with fellow members.

There is a section where it has encouraged to list all known ACC advocates on this site. Perhaps you can provide your details there.

Grant the most successful way you can attract attention on this site is to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. Obviously those who can see your level of competence by way of your explanations of law and interpretation will then be able to gain an appreciation of your expertise.

#7 User is offline   Bhanamac1 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Grant this is not a forum whereby you may freely advertise. You are however welcome to share your expertise with fellow members.

Alan, indeed, I do realise this hence the various links to material, viz, blog, that they can visit at their own choice. Of course, as I write various blog posts, where they have relevance here, they could be posted in full, and I am quite happy to do so.

There is a section where it has encouraged to list all known ACC advocates on this site. Perhaps you can provide your details there.

I think that is where I did actually initially post, but I'll check to ensure that that is actually the case.

Grant the most successful way you can attract attention on this site is to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. Obviously those who can see your level of competence by way of your explanations of law and interpretation will then be able to gain an appreciation of your expertise.

Quite true, which again, is why I provided a number of links so that those interested can if they choose investigate exactly that. As this is my first day on the forum I have yet to fully come to terms with 'the way things are done here', but I shall endeavor to come up to speed.

Grant

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users