• You cannot reply to this topic

Pain Assessment Need help please...

#21 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

View Postsplattercat, on Jul 15 2010, 12:06 PM, said:

well i have just recieved an appointment from the burwood pain clinic, and i am seeing john alchin. they sent out a lovely green double sided 13 page questionnaire for me to fill in and send back. this should be interesting. :rolleyes:

get someone in the know to check over the document before sending it back.

It might bwe also adviseable to discuss each question and if there is two possible answers that can be given you should answer that question as "question ambigious please refrase."

it is amasing that after answering they may find the pain clinic is not the problem and it is the ACC is the problem.

#22 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

Be very, very wary of John Alchin. He is a liar.
Bear in mind one District court judge told him to go back to Med school as his report was utter way out
Re the pages of questions.
You will have to grade your answers on a scale of 1-10.
I suggest every question is the same number, ie 8
This throws the computer program and they cant cope with that.
Nasty prune faced psychologist on the team as well.
In my opinion, Burwood is an utter waste of time. They also attempt to change meds without referring to the treating Doctors, A dangerous enterprise!

Dont forget to tell them you are there UNDER DURESS from ACC, not of your own free will. It worked a charm for one person I was a witness for. We were outa there in 20 mins. She turned up so wasnt non compliant.

#23 User is offline   splattercat 

• Pip

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

cheers for all the feed back guys. sparrow i had a report done by john for acc a few years back. said i was genitically predisposed to develop chronic pain. :rolleyes: anyway back to burwood, it will be interesting to see what happens as i already use the gateway model ( i assume they are still flogging this along with excersise ) for my pain management. the thing is some folks thinks this is a magic fix, but it is only a tool to help you through.

#24 User is offline   Fighter for Justice 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Splattercat: Sparrow's suggestion of taking a "Support Person/Witness" with you to see Dr Alchin seems a very good idea!

Fighter for Justice

#25 User is offline   splattercat 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostFighter for Justice, on Jul 16 2010, 07:03 AM, said:

Splattercat: Sparrow's suggestion of taking a "Support Person/Witness" with you to see Dr Alchin seems a very good idea!

Fighter for Justice

dont worry folks, my partner will be coming to the assessment with me. i try not to go alone to any assessments as things that you say often arent put in the reports.

on a brighter note i have just recieved an email from my MP regarding my 2 reviews, very interested in having a look at my complaint about case managers disgraceful conduct.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users