Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Check Out The Bullshit Rehab From ACC News - October 2003

#1 User is offline   ernie 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

From ACC News October 2003, this outlines the so-called rehab schemes they are offering / requiring as part of the EXIT STRATEGY - it appears often unlawfully, without actually incorporating them in rehab plans according to the process required by the Act.

Employment Maintenance Programme

A programme to assist claimants to return to their pre-injury employment as quickly and safely as possible
• Initial interview and assessment
Interview with claimant to identify any barriers to a return to work with same employer, and identification of vocational components required for a successful return to work. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Worksite visit
Visit to current worksite to identify barriers to full return. Provider: Rehabilitation Professional
• Individual Programme Plan
A timeframed individual return to work plan. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Key Provider Monitoring
Weekly meeting or phone call with claimant to monitor progress; report;
three-week follow up. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Rehabilitation Modules
Group Modules addressing aspects of injury prevention and management
Provider: Rehabilitation Professional

Graduated Return to Work Programme

An evaluation of the workplace to make sure the claimant can work safely in current or alternative type of work. Includes follow-up supervision of the claimant by the provider until full return to work.
• Workplace assessment
To evaluate a claimant’s work site to identify any changes needed to ensure the workplace is safe. Price includes report. Provider: Rehabilitation Professional
• Worksite review
To evaluate effectiveness of any modifications or purchased equipment
• Graduated return to work programme
To achieve supervised increase in hours from part time to full time via a documented GRTW plan. Trouble shooting where necessary to maintain employment. Price per week of supervision. Provider: Rehabilitation Professional

Initial Occupational Assessment

• Assessment of claimant’s education, training and experience. Identification of suitable work types. Provider: Occupational Assessor

Functional Capacity Evaluation (optional)

A service to identify a claimant’s functional abilities, strengths, skills and capacity to perform tasks related to employment.
• Full functional capacity evaluation
Assessment of a claimant’s ability to reliably and safely sustain physical performance in response to a range of physical demands. Provider: Rehabilitation Professional
• Task specific evaluation
Assessment of claimant’s ability to reliably and safely sustain specified tasks

Work Preparation Programme

A programme to assist claimants who have been out of the workforce for six months or more. It consists of injury related activity, psychological and vocational elements and helps claimants to:
• Gain confidence
• Realise their potential
• Address problems they may have returning to work
• Manage pain
• Regain physical strength
• Manage the long-term effects of their injury, and
• Return to independence

An efficient method of providing vocational rehabilitation services to a group of claimants with common criteria (to be available on an individual basis also). A six-week programme runs 9am-1pm each weekday. Includes vocational, physical and psychological modules. Fee includes provision of weekly attendance report, progress report and completion report. Providers: Multidisciplinary, including psychologist

Work Ready Programme

Removal of any employment market barriers, preparing the claimant for job seeking and entering the employment market, re-establishing work routines, testing the suitability of types of work and facilitating their work readiness.
• CV Review. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Work Trial
Unpaid work trial of between three and six weeks with close monitoring
Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Work Ready Outcome
Work trial completed with close monitoring. Claimant has demonstrated they have no outstanding barriers to achieve a return to work. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Workplace Assessment
To evaluate the claimant’s workplace or proposed workplace in respect to their ability to undertake the work trial. Provider: Vocational Practitioner

Vocational Independence Occupational Assessment

Assessment of the progress and outcomes of claimant’s vocational rehabilitation, consideration of whether the types of work identified in the IOA are still suitable and assessment of whether any new types of work are now suitable. Provider: Occupational Assessor

Transitional Job Search

Job place assistance following Vocational Independence Assessment. Referral is for a maximum of 12 weeks.
• CV Modification. Provider: Vocational Practitioner
• Job Search Services. Vocational Practitioner
• Job Placement. Provider: Vocational Practitioner

http://www.wintec.ac...sh/ACCnew61.doc

#2 User is offline   used to could 

• Pip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

blah blah blah

Just to add a bit of colour as to how this may work for you, as it did for me :

My limp-pathetic-negligible work trial to gain 'valuable experience' was trumpted as a MARVELLOUS SUCESS ; after getting past the traumatic coercion of CM virtually telling me:

'Stuff ya, if you don't do it, if you don't like it (and arrogantly dismissing the lack of real standardised qualification needed for the position) - say goodbye to your Compo'.

Yeah, they'll fictionalise all sorts of crap. Looks even better on paper.
'right'

#3 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

MMMMMMMMMMM HOW NUCH PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE IN THIS TIME?

#4 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

SFA

#5 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

What a very honest and frank admission. And I thought ACC spokes people were all liars quote........."Spokesperson Angus Barclay says the organisation has already started working on some of the issues and problems the study identifies. He says vocational rehabilitation is a new area for ACC and it committed to improving their ability in helping people get back to work." end quote. This proves ACC has only been going for exits, now they are admitting it.

#6 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

Oh to have had that document ten years ago!!!

What a difference my life would have been, if they stuck to that.

The outcome may have been the same, but least it wouldnt have cost me an arm and a leg (so to speak) and a fuzzed up brain as well, with no hope of ever working again.

Cheers
Mini

#7 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

I took note of that too Jocko.

Take note that this document was done in 2004 and they are still not supplying Vocational Rehabilitation. Wonder if the ACC CEO was asked what improvements have been done to fill in the gap of the policy and the legislation requirement by law.

#8 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:03 AM

View PostNoDrsl, on Jan 14 2009, 03:26 AM, said:

bumped for madmac to read.

question: Has anyone been presented with a blank, deemed irp.?

Like this?

Posted Image

and this?

http://accfocus.org/...dirp-090108.gif

http://accfocus.org/forum/abuse-of-process...s-on-irp-s.html

#9 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

After reinstatement in June 2003,
the first IRP was blank...
Later, when CM came back from maternity leave
5 assessments were "injected"...
(to "see if anything could be done by ACC to sort out my injury problems"... =too late )

Which done over a lengthy period, have shown ACC's dodgy med reports,
for what they are...
= B...S... and wrongfully promoted by ACC for 26 years...

#10 User is offline   MadMac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

:wub: Hi everyone ...

Thanks NoDrsl ... hitting the 6 inch nail with a sledge hammer

In ernies post ...

The fancy names ACC come up with me was Work Hardening , Activities based programme.

I see under Work Preparation Programme:

Manage Pain

Regain Physical Strength

Blah blah blah ...

:rolleyes: I had a mechanical / structurely damaged injury that recquired remedial surgery.

:wacko: How does riding a bike , as instructed by physio guy at hospital , ever going to be appropiate treatment for mechanical / structurely damage that requires remedial surgery ?

:wacko: How can I manage pain , regain physical strength , blah blah blah when the injury was mechanical / structurely damaged ?

Bit like a building being mechanical / structurely damaged , the foundations being weakened in an earthquake and then trying to build more floors on top without indeapth investigatation of the damage and rehabilitation required.

Why couldn't I recieve an indeapth medicial investigation to establish the extent and severity of Injury and recieve appropiate REHABILITATION treatment for injury ?

;)

#11 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

this is no differentto Karren Peoples who was falsfying claiming that she completed IRPs

Wonder if lynda is still working at ACC

Don'tthink she will be next month

#12 User is offline   fairgo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

I notice that this deemed IRP is Jan 2008, however if the person whose IRP this is would like to contact me directly through [email protected] with a full copy of the IRP and any further updates about what has gone on since that time I will only be too happy to bring it to COG's attention.

#13 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

how many have notice that the IRP on here has only got a secondary injury down and not the primary injury.

What I make out is

date of injury 20/03/88

date of incapacity 20/03/88

injury dianogses (1) secondary 3102 possoussion Syndrome - Non Applicable.

this is a IRP for a injury that is non applicable and if it is non applicable then why is ACC supplying entitlement, waisting time in the case management when the injury has not got cover

fairgo this is very interesting especially if the secondary injury is part of the primary injury.

#14 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

question: Who is the Branch Manager and team leader at the time that irp and letter was written?

answer:
Garry Wadsworth BM, Les Spencer Team Leader.
YES

#15 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

View Postfreefallnz, on Jan 16 2009, 01:15 PM, said:

YES

Is this the same Gary Wadsworth as that named in the Branch Managers thread that is currently active?

#16 User is offline   freefallnz 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Is this the same Gary Wadsworth as that named in the Branch Managers thread that is currently active?
The very same!

I did ask for a "complete" copy of all my files recently.. Including th BM's file & the fraud file..

complaint currently unanswered from acc complaints in that ACC haven't provided copies of those files to me!!!

Levin Office has closed... due to smoke damage from a an arson of the WINZ office underneath it.. 8? months ago..

Everything goes through to PN now..

#17 User is offline   ANTICORRUPTION SERVICES 

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

View Postfreefallnz, on Jan 16 2009, 07:31 PM, said:

The very same! TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE.......BUMMER. Lucky no one hurt.

May take some time for files to come, try and work with them to retrieve resolve and rectify ask for a time frameto work towards. It's important to be honest with yourself and try and find a way to get rehab that works for you so you are able to be free from ACC as much as possiable. 8-) GOOD LUCK BE POSITIVE, COOL CARM AND COLLECTIVE. ;)
I did ask for a "complete" copy of all my files recently.. Including th BM's file & the fraud file..

complaint currently unanswered from acc complaints in that ACC haven't provided copies of those files to me!!!

Levin Office has closed... due to smoke damage from a an arson of the WINZ office underneath it.. 8? months ago..

Everything goes through to PN now..

#18 User is offline   scared 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Bumpity bump bump

#19 User is offline   rivercity 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

:(

View Postscared, on Feb 18 2009, 10:48 PM, said:

Bumpity bump bump

Rehab return to work and put others in danger.....who sues who private prosecution maybe for Fiona Rivers and Heather Williams, nothing to lose really :( :( :(

#20 User is offline   hukildaspida 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Refresh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users