• You cannot reply to this topic

Charm school for ACC staff

#1 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I could not resist the urge to come back, logon, and post this ... I hope it has'nt yet been posted here on the forum, if it has, then please accept my appologises

SHANE COWLISHAW AND KELSEY FLETCHER
Last updated 05:00 11/01/2013

ACC is hoping to create a charm school for its staff as it looks to improve relationships with clients and rebuild after a disastrous year.

Proper training for staff has been called for since a privacy breach scandal where ACC mistakenly emailed the details of thousands of clients to a claimant.

An independent review team, which interviewed 150 ACC staff last year, found the organisation lacked a comprehensive strategy for protecting and managing claimants' information.

It reported there was a culture within ACC that had at times an "almost cavalier" attitude toward its clients, and focused on breaches and complaints rather than emphasising respect for claimants and their details.

In a tender document released this week, the corporation said it was considering establishing an "ACC Academy" for staff with an "emphasis on a client-centred approach".

The course would initially offer qualifications in case management and leadership tailored to the ACC environment, probably through an existing tertiary provider.

It would be a formally recognised qualification, attained after three years of study including on-the-job training. After completing the course, staff would be required to complete modules each year.

ACC expected 300 staff to enrol initially, although this would probably increase.

A second tender called for expressions of interest from communication and marketing agencies interested in helping ACC "define its unique brand value proposition".

The successful company would complete a current brand assessment and prepare a three-year plan that could include advertising, displays and sponsorships.

The corporation is trying to recover from a tough year, which included savage criticism following several privacy breaches as well as further allegations over its assessment policies.

Expert ACC lawyer John Miller said the academy was an encouraging sign, but it would depend on the content of the training and who was teaching it.

"Training people is very important - even McDonald's has a hamburger academy."

ACC staff were dealing with people's lives so it was important that they were adequately trained, he said.

Last year the corporation spent $2 million on advertising and marketing.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....l-for-ACC-staff

In my opinion, they really need to do much more than this charm school bullshit, they need lessons in HONESTY!

#2 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

twice posted, this is the 3rd lol!!!!

#3 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

In a tender document released this week, the corporation said it was considering establishing an "ACC Academy" for staff with an "emphasis on a client-centred approach".

Here's an opportunity for Alan Thomas and others to become self employed

Shall we put in a tender?

#4 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postnot their victim, on 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

oppps Sorry

People can take the piss out of ACC 3 times now instead of only once

#5 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

:)

#6 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

ACC CHARM SCHOOL = How to gaslight and rip the injured off while smiling. :D

I have to disagree with John Miller and think he needs a holiday if he truely thinks its intent is for better relations.
I think its just another ploy to make the public think this is meant to help relations, but its really using our money to teach psyco scum how to be better at being two faced. ;)
Why don't they just employ people who care as they have a natural smile. :)

#7 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostREX, on 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

ACC CHARM SCHOOL = How to gaslight and rip the injured off while smiling. :D/>

I have to disagree with John Miller and think he needs a holiday if he truely thinks its intent is for better relations.
I think its just another ploy to make the public think this is meant to help relations, but its really using our money to teach psyco scum how to be better at being two faced. ;)/>
Why don't they just employ people who care as they have a natural smile. :)/>

BANG ON the money!

Re John Miller - Absolutely no dis-respect to John Miller meant but sometimes I wonder why he just does'nt say it as it really is instead of pussy footing around trying not to upset ACC

#8 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostBLURB, on 19 January 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

BANG ON the money!

Re John Miller - Absolutely no dis-respect to John Miller meant but sometimes I wonder why he just does'nt say it as it really is instead of pussy footing around trying not to upset ACC

We all know what happens if we are straight up. Things change because the truth gets out. Im not sure why he's seen as the pied piper of claimants and what he says about the ACC is always factual.
As a lawyer of ACC disputes he has motive not to make changes to the controversial system that he makes his income.
Im not accusing him of anything sinister either, but I would have more respect for an activists opinion as they are definately trying to change the system for the better, and don't find a need to show respect for a corrupt organisation.

#9 User is offline   research/cyberbully/nz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Sorry honesty you say.... check out the latest post on Lauda finem about you brother Henk... you cannot have a position about honesty Fran... or can you..... nice excavator.

What is it about this site that makes people so ludicrously arrogant?

View PostBLURB, on 18 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I could not resist the urge to come back, logon, and post this ... I hope it has'nt yet been posted here on the forum, if it has, then please accept my appologises

SHANE COWLISHAW AND KELSEY FLETCHER
Last updated 05:00 11/01/2013

ACC is hoping to create a charm school for its staff as it looks to improve relationships with clients and rebuild after a disastrous year.

Proper training for staff has been called for since a privacy breach scandal where ACC mistakenly emailed the details of thousands of clients to a claimant.

An independent review team, which interviewed 150 ACC staff last year, found the organisation lacked a comprehensive strategy for protecting and managing claimants' information.

It reported there was a culture within ACC that had at times an "almost cavalier" attitude toward its clients, and focused on breaches and complaints rather than emphasising respect for claimants and their details.

The course would initially offer qualifications in case management and leadership tailored to the ACC environment, probably through an existing tertiary provider.

It would be a formally recognised qualification, attained after three years of study including on-the-job training. After completing the course, staff would be required to complete modules each year.

ACC expected 300 staff to enrol initially, although this would probably increase.

A second tender called for expressions of interest from communication and marketing agencies interested in helping ACC "define its unique brand value proposition".

The successful company would complete a current brand assessment and prepare a three-year plan that could include advertising, displays and sponsorships.

The corporation is trying to recover from a tough year, which included savage criticism following several privacy breaches as well as further allegations over its assessment policies.

Expert ACC lawyer John Miller said the academy was an encouraging sign, but it would depend on the content of the training and who was teaching it.

"Training people is very important - even McDonald's has a hamburger academy."

ACC staff were dealing with people's lives so it was important that they were adequately trained, he said.

Last year the corporation spent $2 million on advertising and marketing.

- © Fairfax NZ News

http://www.stuff.co....l-for-ACC-staff

In my opinion, they really need to do much more than this charm school bullshit, they need lessons in HONESTY!

#10 User is offline   research/cyberbully/nz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I suspect that you look nothing like the cute chick in the photo.... how does it feel to act like a complete ...........

View Postnot their victim, on 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

#11 User is offline   REX 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Postresearch/cyberbully/nz, on 19 January 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Sorry honesty you say.... check out the latest post on Lauda finem about you brother Henk... you cannot have a position about honesty Fran... or can you..... nice excavator.

What is it about this site that makes people so ludicrously arrogant?

Maybe we are sick of people coming in here to simply try and discredit.. Im glad I havn't excepted numerous chat requests initiated by you !
Hmm seems you and your so called research "Pffft" have nothing better to do than relate relations to discredit to get your kicks....(actions from convictions by a corrupt system) :lol:
Research me next please as I have said reasonable things about Alan as well !!! ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users