#41 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Suicide comments cause expert alarm
By Chloe Johnson BackpackJourno 5:30 AM Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Posted ImageEXPANDPhoto / Thinkstock

Mental health experts are alarmed that hundreds of people have backed an online opinion that says suicide should not be regarded as important as child abuse - because suicide victims choose to die. (???)

The suggestion has appeared on a Facebook page set up to remember Nia Glassie, the Waikato toddler who died at the hands of her caregivers five years ago.

An administrator of the RIP Nia Glassie - Never Forgotten page wrote: "Why is it that suicide events get more funding and publicity than this kind of tragedy? People who commit suicide choose to take their life ... people like Nia had her life taken."

Dozens of irate people, some who have lost family to suicide, attacked the administrator, but more than 1200 people "liked" the comment.

The person behind the post told the Herald on Sunday her name was Marley and she stood behind what she wrote.

Another administrator removed the post because of negative feedback, she said.

University of Otago's intentional injury research co-ordinator, Dr Shyamala Nada-Raja, said the comment missed a key point.

"There needs to be a collective effort because the inter-relationships between these problems are very strong," Nada-Raja said.

"People who have experienced violence in the family are at an elevated risk for self-harming and suicidal behaviour."

Maria Bradshaw, who lost her 17-year-old son to suicide four years ago and now leads a support group named Casper for people like her, was shocked about the "ill-informed comment".

"In the end we all suffered a terrible trauma and we don't want to compete with each other," she said.

WHERE TO GET HELP
If it's an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111. Or call Youthline 0800 376 633, Lifeline 0800 543 354, Depression Helpline 0800 111 757, What's Up 0800 942 8787 (noon-midnight).

If you or someone you know wants advice on dealing with cyber bullies contact the NetSafe help line 0508 NETSAFE (0508 638 723).

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10841874

#42 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Antidepressant use in NZ doubles
By Hana Garrett-Walkerhttp://www.nzherald....jectid=108398024:25 PM Thursday Oct 11, 2012
  • [url="""]Email[/url]
  • Print
Posted ImageEXPANDPhoto / ThinkstockIn the past six years the number of New Zealanders taking antidepressants has doubled, and a psychiatry professor says the drugs are being over-prescribed.

The Government's drug-buying agency, Pharmac, released figures which showed one in 10 New Zealanders were now prescribed antidepressants.

Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the Waikato Clinical School, David Menkes, told Radio New Zealand today that GPs were prescribing drugs in mild depression cases when other treatments, like cognitive behaviour therapy, were more appropriate.

"... with such a common disorder the GPs are shouldering the bulk of that burden ... and generally I think they do it very well.

"On the other hand there are good studies now that indicate that a more appropriate treatment for many sufferers of mild depression might be watchful waiting, or alternatively psycho-social intervention, like cognitive behavioural therapy."

He said cognitive behavioural therapy was the "gold standard" of care, and social workers were now being trained up on the therapy.

"It's a question of ready access and training. I think the New Zealand health system is moving in that direction but it takes time and it is often resource intensive."

It was possible to administer some treatments, notably cognitive behavioural therapy, by computer which seemed to be effective, Dr Menkes said.

GP Council chair Dr Kate Baddock said studies showed the best treatment for mild to moderate depression was a combination of medication and cognitive behaviour therapy.

Sir John Kirwan, a mental health advocate, said he thought the increase in the number of New Zealanders taking antidepressants was due to a greater social acceptance of depression.

"You go to the doctor, you get a pill for pneumonia; once antibiotics run [their] course and you're well you go off them. Depression is no different to any other illness."

- APNZ

By Hana Garrett-Walker

Email

#43 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

http://news.msn.co.n...35-85f79b46b37e

#44 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Coroner seeks suicide prevention campaign
10:17 Mon Dec 3 2012AAPFacebook0EmailShare0
MORE NATIONAL NEWSA coroner is repeating calls for more information to be made available to the public about what to do if someone tells them they are thinking about committing suicide.

Coroner Sue Johnson made the call in her report into the death of 26-year-old Christchurch man Blair Calvin Edwards, who took his own life in late August 2010.

To prevent similar deaths in the future, she's recommending the Ministry of Health provide strong advice to the public about what to do if a person says they want to kill themself.

As part of this, she wants an advertising campaign launched showing people what to do if someone does tell them they're thinking about suicide.

In September, Ms Johnson made the same recommendations in her report into last December's death of another young Christchurch man, who had told three people on three separate occasions he felt like killing himself.

* Readers seeking support and information about suicide prevention can contact Lifeline's 24-hour telephone counselling service on 0800 543 354.

Posted Image
http://news.msn.co.n...ention-campaign

#45 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postmagnacarta, on 13 September 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Thank you accounting, but that ACC response seems to be putting the cart before the horse and acting in blind-eye knowledge.

ACC's motto, - Prevention, Care, Recovery.

Wondering how many claimants ACC have driven to suicide?

#46 User is offline   netcoachnz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostRosey, on 26 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Wondering how many claimants ACC have driven to suicide?

I asked ACC this question, their reply, we do not have any data on this topic.

#47 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Oh dear!

View Postnetcoachnz, on 26 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I asked ACC this question, their reply, we do not have any data on this topic.

#48 User is offline   Empathy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

The Coroners office must have some information on Suicide statistics. One would think that they know how many had been dealing with ACC one would think. I asked them and they do not record them as being ACC related. Guess who is in charge of the Coroners office. Minister of Justice; Judith Collins!!!!!!! So we can kiss that goodbye.

#49 User is offline   Moeroa 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWellington Central City

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

MINI said:

1361929791[/url]' post='151488']
Try this is exactly where the connection between my name and my moniker came from. It was released onto the accforum many years ago, like 2006 or so, by one monikered flowers, who has since been named by David Butler on LF tapes as Brian Luke.

That was taken down off here as it was against any of ACCforum's code of members responsibilties or rules.

The Mini v IRD did not see the light of day again until it was posted in the LF site.

Three cases taken by me against IRD to try to get our overtaxed monies back are actually no longer available to the pulic I am told. so LF had to have someone who already had the 2005/06 case (first) in there hands or from this forum maybe.

So for many years my life was pretty uneventful, until David Butler got it in his mind that I knew about the TPB. Once Thomo got free of his shackles and was allowed on the forum again, it seems that laudafinem was set up to take a few forum members to task and anyone would do, whether they were involved in any manner at all did not matter to Allan Thomas (looking for extra material to use for retrail), Dave Butler who was kissing bums so much the bums must have got shavers rash, of Nottingham, kowtow and Thomas kowtow. Sorry sorry gave this information from my first case to LF.
Who delighted in taking the lies presented and the garbage along with it as gosple without checking its authenticity. The case wa actually a win for me, but lies of tax cheat, tax fraudster was unnecessary and was not a part of the case, so it is made up just as the other garbage is.

I do not consider making these cases anonymous would be helpful at all as it would create further work the court and end up with us to pay for their time in blanking out any identifying information.

It is easier that we are able to take task via the courts those who misuse the information provided wrongly, and malicously against the person named on the cover of the Judges decision.

Mini

I cannot understand why a bloke like David butler did such a thing. After all wasn't he supposedly a friend? This is so upsetting because its a betrayal.

My names all over LF. For some reason the bully decided to pick on me but then the public info I'd never tried to hide. I didn't expect the viciously false harassment to come after I exposed a slimy narcissist Indian teacher with a penchant for wandering hands, sexual harassment and abuse. My life as i knew it was over when my disabled dtr died because she lost the will after her trust was betrayed by this sleazy NZ reg teacher, someone she had the right to trust to be of good character according to the teacher council website. He kept flopping out his little paloney which I saw by chance but which he used to expose at unsuspecting females whose only "crime" was to be friendly and respectful to a fellow post grad student in class. TBH what I saw of his erect penis was smaller than what goes on the mad butchers BBQ. After my flatmate bashed me, police had me go onto the unpublished electoral roll and I stayed in Refuge for safety. Like I said life as I knew was over. I wasn't prepared for the obsessive OTT nastiness of LFs bullying, over reaction to my membership here and my political views. But then Mini dermott Nottingham has a very nasty and vindictive background. http://accforum.org/...am/page__st__20

Nevertheless, you're being viciously hounded because David butler decided to betray you. Why such overkill?

#50 User is offline   Empathy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

This is another covered up crime against humanity that neither government will face up to! We need to keep pushing this as many of have been driven to desperation.

#51 User is offline   wormwood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

National suicide prevention plan launched
By Matthew Backhouse
4:54 PM Monday May 27, 2013
http://www.nzherald....jectid=10886537

A new national suicide prevention plan will pump $25 million into a raft of initiatives, including support for small communities which lose major industries and more support for families of suicide victims.

Associate Health Minister Peter Dunne said the four-year plan, announced today, aimed to bring down the number of suicides through 30 initiatives involving eight government agencies.

An average of 500 people commit suicide each year, which is higher than the average national road toll of about 300.

"Every suicide is a tragedy, and our suicide rate is unacceptably high, particularly among Maori,'' Mr Dunne said.

"This must change and the launch of this plan today is an important next step in trying to achieve that.''

Among the new measures is a pilot programme to support small communities which lose a major industry.

Mr Dunne said unemployment was a known risk factor for suicide, especially among youths and young Maori men.

He said communities which depended on one employer or industry were particularly vulnerable if that employer or industry failed.

"Small towns can struggle to cope with the sudden fall in income and population, and the financial pressure and sense of loss can be traumatic for individuals and families, with sometimes tragic results,'' Mr Dunne said.

The trial would involve the Ministry of Social Development partnering with a small number of local communities to support them before and after the loss of a major employer or industry.

District Health Boards (DHBs) would also be given support for suicide prevention through the development of a toolkit which would focus on managing suicide clusters.

The action plan also includes more support for New Zealanders who lose a loved one to suicide.

Mr Dunne said an initial response service trialled and delivered by Victim Support in seven DHB areas had been well-received, and the initiative would be made available nationwide from next year at a cost of $200,000 a year.

About 10 people every week commit suicide, with about six people directly impacted by every death - a number that can be even higher in some families and whanau.

The growing use of technology will also be tackled through a small social media pilot around suicide prevention and increasing information on tackling cyber-bullying.

The plan also includes a partnership with the Health Quality and Safety Commission to develop better knowledge of contributing factors and patterns of suicidal behaviour in New Zealand.

Another new initiative is an $8m programme to help Maori and Pasifika communities to develop their their own solutions to suicide.

Mr Dunne said a non-government organisation would be contracted to develop suicide prevention services, which would help to ensure that relevant education and training was available in those communities.

"From this we will get a better understanding of what works specifically for Maori and Pasifika in suicide prevention.''

Mr Dunne said communities themselves were often best placed to implement suicide prevention activities.

"They can reach people who are not in contact with government services and tailor programmes to fit circumstances and needs.''

Mr Dunne said the answers for suicide were complex, and the action plan was another important step in dealing with such complex realities.

"However, plans, on their own, do not save lives. There are no easy answers. But people working together, with good resources, focus and with a good plan underpinning that work give us hope of making real progress.''

Where to get help

• Youth services: (06) 3555 906

• Youthline: 0800 376 633

• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (4pm to 6pm weekdays)

• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (noon to midnight)

• The Word

• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (24-hour service)

• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155

• CASPER Suicide Prevention

If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.

- APNZ
By Matthew Backhouse

#52 User is offline   netcoachnz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Topic has been refreshed as Suicide has been mentioned within acc-claimants.info that has a direct impact on ACCForum members

If Hazel Armstrong or any of her team know who the person is then please consider asking him or her to cease and desist before their actions leads to one of his/her victims taking their own life.

There are many vulnerable people who belong to the Accforum.org and the behaviour of your client, if indeed this stalker is one of your clients, is totally unjustified and inexcusable.

http://www.acc-claim...alker-questions

#53 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

View Postnetcoachnz, on 24 June 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Topic has been refreshed as Suicide has been mentioned within acc-claimants.info that has a direct impact on ACCForum members

Then why did you, Alan Rex and David Butler all stay with your mouths shut when certain cretons came on here and spewed out disgusting remarks to the likes of Blurb Ken Mini Campy Rose and Spider etc and not say a word in retort.

The messages coming fast and clear were threatening a bloodied blade and to kill. Tomcat had skined and partially skinned cats etc and you all found it hilarious.

Not to mention what Mini has been thru by the likes of H8acc and the like. It is all very interesting, the silence I mean from those of you that started all this and dont like what you are getting back.

However it is nothing like that has been tolerated on this site by Cyberbully nz and H8ACC etc. No deary me no.

Dont ask me to think of people and suicide (their own decision) while I have to wonder what maniac is outside my house every night.

If anyone gets suicidial thoughts on here they have probably had them many times before. (Or so they say).

Dont you just loathe people who squeel wolf continually.

Who has got time for that type of thing anyway. are we all going to start action or class action and then do away with ourselves is that how it is supposed to work.

These people want to control the world they will never take the 'easy' way out of life.

I wont anyway, because I love life, and no one is going to bully me out of my right to life.

We are not children, we are grown adults, we do know that the sun will probably shine tomorrow and the world is a beautiful place. No one promised us life would be plentiful all the time. But I was told if I work hard I can afford to play hard and if I play hard I will enjoy life and I have continually.

Hic cups come to make us stronger, not crumble in a heap and give up.

Why dont you post up something pleasant and happy and meaningful. Why do you have to look on a worse action than bullying???

i really do not understand some people.

Just as well I guess.

Mini

#54 User is offline   David Butler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Postnetcoachnz, on 24 June 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

<br>Topic has been refreshed as Suicide has been mentioned within acc-claimants.info that has a direct impact on ACCForum members&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br><br>
<br><br><br>

View PostMINI, on 25 June 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

<br>Then why did you, Alan Rex and David Butler all stay with your mouths shut when certain cretons came on here and spewed out disgusting remarks to the likes of Blurb Ken Mini Campy Rose and Spider etc and not say a word in retort.<br><br>The messages coming fast and clear were threatening a bloodied blade and to kill.&nbsp;&nbsp;Tomcat had skined and partially skinned cats etc and you all found it hilarious.<br><br>Not to mention what Mini has been thru by the likes of H8acc and the like.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is all very interesting, the silence I mean from those of you that started all this and dont like what you are getting back.<br><br>However it is nothing like that has been tolerated on this site by Cyberbully nz and H8ACC etc.&nbsp;&nbsp;No deary me no.<br><br>Dont ask me to think of people and suicide (their own decision) while I have to wonder what maniac is outside my house every night.<br><br>If anyone gets suicidial thoughts on here they have probably had them many times before.&nbsp;&nbsp;(Or so they say).<br><br>Dont you just loathe people who squeel wolf continually.<br><br>Who has got time for that type of thing anyway.&nbsp;&nbsp;are we all going to start action or class action and then do away with ourselves is that how it is supposed to work.<br><br>These people want to control the world they will never take the 'easy' way out of life.<br><br>I wont anyway, because I love life, and no one is going to bully me out of my right to life.<br><br>We are not children, we are grown adults, we do know that the sun will probably shine tomorrow and the world is a beautiful place.&nbsp;&nbsp;No one promised us life would be plentiful all the time.&nbsp;&nbsp;But I was told if I work hard I can afford to play hard and if I play hard I will enjoy life and I have continually.<br><br>Hic cups come to make us stronger, not crumble in a heap and give up.<br><br>Why dont you post up something pleasant and happy and meaningful.&nbsp;&nbsp;Why do you have to look on a worse action than bullying???<br><br>i really do not understand some people.<br><br>Just as well I guess.<br><br>Mini<br>
<br>You asked a question MINI.<br>Because <br>Claire Rae Avon Hollis the subject&nbsp;&nbsp;is something that has touched my life on a number of occasion's and the issue is not something I need or want to discuss in public to make troubles for others un-needlessly. LIKE YOU DO Making MORE FALSE LIBELOUS ALLEGATIONS.<br>As for what's posted in here or elsewhere-I dont post content that you have statemented in public that i do.<br>Those that post that type of info ,that is there problem NOT MINE<br>SOMETHING YOU SHOULD TAKE HEED OF AS YOU Yourself have created situations where others have come so far down to consider the subject of this thread<br>Its about time you shut your bloody mouth.<br>You are a nasty vindictive person.<br>Rather astounding ranting's of nastys /&nbsp;&nbsp;words above within Your posting above Which shows the world exactly what type of person you actually are<br>WHAT A&nbsp;&nbsp;''LOW&nbsp;&nbsp;HITTING '' NASTY MIINDED BITCH YOU ARE -wrIting as you have on such a subject as suicide.<br>Dave

<div><br></div>

#55 User is offline   netcoachnz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Then why did you, Alan Rex and David Butler all stay with your mouths shut when certain cretons came on here and spewed out disgusting remarks to the likes of Blurb Ken Mini Campy Rose and Spider etc and not say a word in retort.

We can only speak for netcoachnz, there is a saying in Internet circles "do not feed the troll"; sometimes silence and ignoring such creatures is the best policy. We reported any offensive posts to Admin.

The messages coming fast and clear were threatening a bloodied blade and to kill. Tomcat had skined and partially skinned cats etc and you all found it hilarious.

netcoachnz, did not find these situations hilarious and in fact reported them to Admin. We understand that they were deleted by Admin. The only website that shows these images now is acc-claimants.info, why they want to continue to hurt those who have been traumatized or affected is beyond us.

Dont ask me to think of people and suicide (their own decision)

If anyone gets suicidial thoughts on here they have probably had them many times before. (Or so they say). Dont you just loathe people who squeel wolf continually.

You do not sound very supportive of your fellow disabled and injured forum members. Your comments are in very poor taste, given the seriousness of this topic.

Why dont you post up something pleasant and happy and meaningful. Why do you have to look on a worse action than bullying???

Mini, are you seriously saying that the topic of suicide is not meaningful?

#56 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postnetcoachnz, on 25 June 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

We can only speak for netcoachnz, there is a saying in Internet circles "do not feed the troll"; sometimes silence and ignoring such creatures is the best policy. We reported any offensive posts to Admin.

netcoachnz, did not find these situations hilarious and in fact reported them to Admin. We understand that they were deleted by Admin. The only website that shows these images now is acc-claimants.info, why they want to continue to hurt those who have been traumatized or affected is beyond us.

You do not sound very supportive of your fellow disabled and injured forum members. Your comments are in very poor taste, given the seriousness of this topic.

Mini, are you seriously saying that the topic of suicide is not meaningful?

When was the last time you heard of a suicidal ACCforum member or claimant apart from mr thomas going silent and the dog berating everyone on here for not inquiring after him???

Mini

#57 User is offline   netcoachnz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostMINI, on 26 June 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

When was the last time you heard of a suicidal ACCforum member or claimant apart from mr thomas going silent and the dog berating everyone on here for not inquiring after him???

Mini

Perhaps you should ask your fellow forum member Blurb who owns a website that has mentioned this topic. You continue to show your nastiness by referring to forum members as "dog", it would be appreciated if you set an example and used a forum members correct moniker. This is a serious topic, please read anonymousey's comments raised earlier.

If Hazel Armstrong or any of her team know who the person is then please consider asking him or her to cease and desist before their actions leads to one of his/her victims taking their own life.

There are many vulnerable people who belong to the Accforum.org and the behaviour of your client, if indeed this stalker is one of your clients, is totally unjustified and inexcusable.

http://www.acc-claim...alker-questions

#58 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostMINI, on 26 June 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Mini

Mini

Why do you discount me as being a person of no consequence?

#59 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

Whenever you encounter someone who you think is suicidal it is a moral duty that you make direct one-to-one contact with that person. You never never ever passed the buck to someone else sitting in a call centre.

I can recall one time on this site with someone was in the process of committing suicide that although mayb is despicablee 20 people commented only one person made contact with him and called him an ambulance.

A 20:1 ratio is despicable reality for a site that claims to care about fellow sufferers of the ACC forces at work that induce such as suicide attempts.

#60 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostAlan Thomas, on 27 June 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Mini

Why do you discount me as being a person of no consequence?

Where do I say you have no consequence. Obviously you do as the police take a lot of notice of you.

Mini

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users