• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are They Ever Going To Help Me Get Back Too Work

#1 User is offline   sidcoon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hi I have not been on here for some time but now I have a hassel once more
I have had 2 back opps as the first one in nelson did not go to well so had one in ch-ch .as things go on it gets better than what is was .Been of for 4 years now had 4 assements by career sevices people all were a waste of time as nothing came out of them, the last one in nelson by miles clifford on the 14/6/04 I told him that i was only interested in doing a h.t truck ticket and a possum montering ticket , he told me to get all the imfro together and take it to Aon nelson and I did this (eg)time ,price ,when courses run ,cost ,.In the mean time I went to my GP and asked about this work trail he said give it a go for 2 hours a day and see how u go but dont over do it . so I started work trial on the 3/aug/04 this was all done of my own back and I found a company that would give me a go for 2 hours a day despit my back prop.as a few weeks went on the boss came to me and told me I needed a montering ticket to do the job, so i found out were the next couse was to be held and booked in . Told Aon of this and could they please help me in the cost of the course $615 and help me with the cost of getting to dunedin $200 fuel and pay for my accommodation , as the boss was going to lend me the rest of the gear i needed for the course.I rang Aon on friday the 1st october to see if they were going to pay and they said at this stage that amaltal fishing were not going to help . and then rang them on monday the 4th october 04 to see if they had it in writing or herd from amaltal but no they had not.. So i borrowed the money and got a frenid to drive me down there.As this is the only hope i have in getting back into the work force again. Can I get the money of Aon for my course and the travel and accommodation for me and my support person from nelson to dunedin. As they had about 5 months to give me a answer on this but did not they went though so meany people and could still not give me a answer I feel that this has all been done of my own back to get me back to work and lets face it u dont get a chance to get back into work very offten with a disabley like mine .it put so much pressure on me and stress as we got to dunedin in the early hours of the morning then i had to go to the cousre for 2 days then get back to nelson.. cheers sid

#2 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

What is Amaltals involvement Sidcoon? Are they in the ACC partnership programme as well as the fishstock extinction programme! ACC is not interested in getting people back to work. They prefer to exit you with out providing rehab.
This is where the whole thing is so wrong. People are desperate to get back to work in some way but ACC will not help. We have the media telling us of a shortage of workers yet ACC will not help unless you can work 35 hrs per week.
I know how you feel I bought my own boat and business but ACC bankrupted me through the vocational assessment process. What is the point of trying to help yourself with a corrupt system like this. Hang in mate. Lodge a written claim for costs with AON. Bearing in mind that AON was bragging recently that it had performed ten thousand exits, you could have a battle. But start the ball rolling by requesting, in writing, reimbursement for the trip. cheers jocko

#3 User is offline   sidcoon 

• Pip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:04 PM

thanks for that but i will be fighting this one as i dont give up to this scum, and yes jocko amaltal are still with aon must be cheaper than acc like the over stayers that they employ now for there boats well they have done a good job of stuffing the fish in the sea now they are stuffing the employment on the boats cheers sid

#4 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

View Postjocko, on Oct 8 2004, 08:59 AM, said:

What is Amaltals involvement Sidcoon? Are they in the ACC partnership programme as well as the fishstock extinction programme! ACC is not interested in getting people back to work. They prefer to exit you with out providing rehab.
This is where the whole thing is so wrong. People are desperate to get back to work in some way but ACC will not help. We have the media telling us of a shortage of workers yet ACC will not help unless you can work 35 hrs per week.
I know how you feel I bought my own boat and business but ACC bankrupted me through the vocational assessment process. What is the point of trying to help yourself with a corrupt system like this. Hang in mate. Lodge a written claim for costs with AON. Bearing in mind that AON was bragging recently that it had performed ten thousand exits, you could have a battle. But start the ball rolling by requesting, in writing, reimbursement for the trip. cheers jocko

re = ".... Bearing in mind that AON was bragging recently that it had performed ten thousand exits"

Hi there

Its a few years back, but can anyone point me in the direction (news media clips, press releases etc) of what Jocko was refering to here ... if you're still with us jocko, can you help?

Cheers

#5 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

I would surgest you get in touch with the Advocate in your area, he will then help you formulate a good rehab plan. Then you have teeth when you take them to review.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users