Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dr Nicholas Yarnell

#1 User is offline   forestrymorning 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

My friend has been asked to see Dr Nicholas Yarnell to do an IMA. Anyone know anything about Dr Yarnell? I know Yarnell works for Dr David Beaumont, Director of Fit for Work. Do we know where Yarnell is based and any more info is appreciated.
Cheers
Forestrymorning

#2 User is offline   Nail 

• Pip

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Only a opinion
He is part of “Fit For Work” as the name suggests, from the onset you probably have a pre determined outcome installed for you.

Upon investigation you will find such pearls of wisdom as this on fit for works html page

http://www.fitforwor...erventionTM.pdf

Likely indicators for referral
• The claim has exceeded the expected duration for return to work.
• GP issuing long medical certificates with no indication of likely return.
• Contentions developing; such as claimant becoming argumentative, GP advocating.
• Work available, but employer losing patience, and therefore risk of there being no job.
• Psychosocial factors; e.g. negative beliefs, symptoms in excess of expected (e.g. pain).
• Negative talk; “I’m a long way from getting back to work”.
• Black and white thinking: “I need to be 100% fit to get back to work”.
• History of multiple ACC claims.
• Case manager intuition – the claim just doesn’t ‘feel’ right

This company is headed by Dr David Beaumont who’s company, (if not the initiator), have heavily aligned itself with the current mantra of ACC, that work is good for you.

Indeed we would all like to work if it were a feasible proposition, as it does bring huge benefits verses the many losses most suffer through injury!

Alas this group appear to be using this mandate and the protection of ACC to corral and harvest comfortable incomes, by disentitling valid acc claimants, just like many other “preferred” assessors who derive their income from ACC.

They will cherry pick terms from reports, quote out of context and use similar tactics commonly employed by American HMO assessors, you will probably be viewed as fraudulent from the onset regardless of your predicament.

In a nutshell it would be foolish to go to this assessment and not record it in its entirety, and it would be highly advisable if not mandatory, to take a support person with you .

#3 User is offline   Southernman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

View Postforestrymorning, on 24 June 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

My friend has been asked to see Dr Nicholas Yarnell to do an IMA. Anyone know anything about Dr Yarnell? I know Yarnell works for Dr David Beaumont, Director of Fit for Work. Do we know where Yarnell is based and any more info is appreciated.
Cheers
Forestrymorning

Based in Cromwell. Usually uses the Clyde Hospital or the Medical Centre in Cromwell for his so called "assessments". Nick works closely with Dr Greg White at the medical centre and seems to have open access to all their files.

WARNING. Please request, under the Privacy Act, a copy of all documents forwarded to Fit for Work by ACC. Liz Goodhew of ACC Dunedin has a habit of making up diagnosis herself and sending this to be assessed by Fit for Work.
Nick Yarnell believes he is under no obligation to disclose to the claimant what information he has, or give the claimant a copy of his report.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users